Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

G1000 NXi updated

Well be clearer would help.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Let's all PM Ryan to get the gouge on the best avionics, then quote him on the forum!

😡

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 11/18/2021 at 8:26 PM, Bert Pieke said:

And.. the Nearest page on the MFD is active and you can select a DTO destination 🙂

We are getting there!

I just have a question bout this, is it possible to remove a DTO once it's entered ?

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong in finding it or maybe it's not implemented yet.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

8 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I just have a question bout this, is it possible to remove a DTO once it's entered ?

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong in finding it or maybe it's not implemented yet.

I think I read somewhere you cannot remove a DTO, but you can issue another DTO.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

I think I read somewhere you cannot remove a DTO, but you can issue another DTO.

Al

What happens if you go to the FPL page, and Activate a Leg?  That should replace the DTO.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

What happens if you go to the FPL page, and Activate a Leg?  That should replace the DTO.

Interesting, does the above work for you?

If so I'm surprised because I checked with Matt from WT and he says your only option is to issue another DTO. I'll try it and see what happens once the DTO is activated.

EDIT:  Bert, yes, that works, and Matt has confirmed you can also do that. Thanks for the info!

Al

Edited by ark

1 minute ago, ark said:

Interesting, I haven't tried that.  Does the above work for you?

I have used it but it was back in the days of the 180° approach bug.  Today I sometimes use the D capability to navigate to the first waypoint in my flight plan rather than screwing with the heading bug to pick up what is sometimes a cumbersome intercept.  Like today.  My takeoff was on 6R and my first waypoint was about 9 NM to the southwest.  So I turned about 90° to the left, flew about 30 seconds, then use a direct to to pick up that first waypoint. 

I am not certain at this point what takes place if you activate say the third or fourth leg of a flight plan when you are for instance still on the first leg.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Tried it and that works! Thanks for the info, Bert!

Al

Edited by ark

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Thanks for that, also I tried turning off the electronics and reboot of the PDF/MFD and it didn't clear the DTO

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

A comprehensive look at the G1000 NXI and the Vnav features in the sim.

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

8 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Checked and no update in content manager?

There is no update beyond 10.1 --> someone bumped a moldy thread.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Upvote 1