Sign in to follow this  
Otto Groschenbügel

CJ4 w.W.T. Mod sudden Engine Failure during climb

I fly CJ4 with the Working Title mod v.0.12.10, MSFS with latest World Update.

During two flights today I had complete engine failures, at somewhere over FL 210 suddenly a yellow error message appears on the MFD, and disappears so that I didn't know at first what happended. Maybe missed something on the checklist ?

So I switched to DEV-mode and used the new Record function. Made a new flight just in one direction and climbed. Start direct from runway so that the plane was configured to takeoff. 

And this happended:

Climb with FLC to FL 150: no problems.
Climb to FL 300, at FL 236:   Error Message on MFD:  NG HIGH

Then ITT climbs to Top: Error Message ITT

N1% drops, stall, crash... 

Has anyone else this problem ? The plane worked fine until today. What can it be ?

Thanks for any help!!

The weather is borked and your engine has had enough. Is my guess

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/oat-of-248-c-at-fl285/478029

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Real weather glitch. Outside air temp is sensed at 250 degree Celsius in my CJ4

Monitor the air temperature, it will tell you the whole story 🙂

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

It's an issue with the live weather. Temperature at around FL260 spikes to insane temps, over 200 degrees. It's a back end, server issue. There are a couple of other threads talking about it.

Workaround for now is as soon as it hits you to switch to a weather preset, continue the flight, and switch back to live weather once you have descended past the FL that the issue appears.

...jim

(Looks like all three of us posted at the same time... 😉 )

Edited by JimBrown

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

SU7 weather

Edited by Starlifter60

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Looks like a Call of duty night on the Xbox for me then !.. Ain't messin with that..

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

First time I've encountered this after quite the number of flights in SU7 (all in westers Europe). Odd. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12