Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTS - Live Traffic using Flightradar24

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

“Throwing around accusations”? Quote that please. I see nothing of the sort.

I think of this post here: 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

“Throwing around accusations”? Quote that please. I see nothing of the sort.

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

so it is illegal....

Looks to me a pretty literal accusation. Incidentally "Illegal" isn't really a proper term in copyright affairs, but that's a different issue altogether.

• Like 7

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Looks to me a pretty literal accusation. Incidentally "Illegal" isn't really a proper term in copyright affairs, but that's a different issue altogether.

illegal (other word for against the law) - the law in this case the copyright law. So we might have different views based on our native language. But we here in germany call any behavior that is ot according to the law or terms of use "illegal".

Edited by Kaiii3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

15 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Kaiii3 appears to be pointing out copyright has been broken. Has it or hasn’t it? Binary choice. There’s nothing wrong in pointing that out.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Kaiii3 appears to be pointing out copyright has been broken. Has it or hasn’t it? Binary choice. There’s nothing wrong in pointing that out.

It's a literal accusation. You asked where the accusation was, and I pointed it out. Nothing is "broken" or illegal until the party involved opts to take action, if they're interested in doing so. That's between FAIB and FSLTL. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 8

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Abriael, I’m not discussing this further. If anyone wishes to raise a flag against any comment it will be looked at by the moderators.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Change of subject, they still don’t have A380 models yet, isn’t?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

10 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Change of subject, they still don’t have A380 models yet, isn’t?

Nope. No A380 or A340. For now, I hope.

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

illegal (other word for against the law) - the law in this case the copyright law. So we might have different views based on our native language. But we here in germany call any behavior that is ot according to the law or terms of use "illegal".

My two cents.  Kaiii3...I think the AIG program is wonderful.  We have been using it so we know what it brings to table.  

FSLTS video looks great but we have not seen it in action.  

If FSLTS turns out to be as advertised, I think it is great for the Community.  Since you have been kind enough to make your program freeware (and I understand FSLTS will be freeware too), I don't see need to accuse them of illegal behavior unless they are using your copyrighted models.

It appears AIG and FSLTS will not be in conflict with one another but will compliment one another.  

As one poster said, it would be great if AIG and FSLTS could partner to make a "super" program.  If not, some will use AIG and some will use FSLTS (and some will use Simple Traffic).  It is all good.  You are already established as a giant in the sim industry.  That will not change with the addition of FSLTS.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, knich said:

FSLTS will be freeware too

Freeware and open source. So any work done on it (and from what I can see as someone who's been testing it for a while, it's a lot of good work) can be used to improve or integrate everyone's solution, if they so wish. Whether one decides to use it as a whole solution, just some of its parts, or not at all, It's definitely a net positive for the community.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, knich said:

My two cents.  Kaiii3...I think the AIG program is wonderful.  We have been using it so we know what it brings to table.  

FSLTS video looks great but we have not seen it in action.  

If FSLTS turns out to be as advertised, I think it is great for the Community.  Since you have been kind enough to make your program freeware (and I understand FSLTS will be freeware too), I don't see need to accuse them of illegal behavior unless they are using your copyrighted models.

It appears AIG and FSLTS will not be in conflict with one another but will compliment one another.  

As one poster said, it would be great if AIG and FSLTS could partner to make a "super" program.  If not, some will use AIG and some will use FSLTS (and some will use Simple Traffic).  It is all good.  You are already established as a giant in the sim industry.  That will not change with the addition of FSLTS.

yeah, a super addon will be very nice indeed - MS/ASOBO needs to help there^^

I have nothing agains FSLTL at all, it will be a nice addon for the target group of them. The only "issue" at the moment is the dejavu we have regarding missing premissions in FSLTL. I hope that they will get sorted out so we can see this addon.

My only intention at the moment is to make the community (possible feature users) aware that some 3rd party content in the Video might not end up in the final product as long as they have not the premissions (as they clearly have posted at their discord).

TFS and FAIB do contain information in the readme:

"THIS MODEL (*.MDL) MAY NOT BE DECOMPILED AND EDITED/MODIFIED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE DESIGNER!!!"

Reading the above Terms of use and the info that they are still editing it is just something I do not understand..... (call me old fashiond on this, but rules and wishes of the original developers is something that should be respected even in freeware).

Edited by Kaiii3

GentlemenI have to remind you that competition is goodwhether it’s for paid or free products.
It makes the industry work and it can only benefit us.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 minute ago, guibru said:

GentlemenI have to remind you that competition is goodwhether it’s for paid or free products.
It makes the industry work and it can only benefit us.

agree, as long as anyone plays by the rules 🙂

5 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

yeah, a super addon will be very nice indeed - MS/ASOBO needs to help there^^

I have nothing agains FSLTL at all, it will be a nice addon for the target group of them. The only "issue" at the moment is the dejavu we have regarding missing premissions in FSLTL. I hope that they will get sorted out so we can see this addon.

My only intention at the moment is to make the community (possible feature users) aware that some 3rd party content in the Video might not end up in the final product as long as they have not the premissions (as they clearly have posted at their discord).

TFS and FAIB do contain information in the readme:

"THIS MODEL (*.MDL) MAY NOT BE DECOMPILED AND EDITED/MODIFIED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE DESIGNER!!!"

Reading the above Terms of use and the info that they are still editing it is just something I do not understand..... (call me old fashiond on this, but rules and wishes of the original developers is something I will always respect even if it is freeware).

So why not reach out to FSLTL as you have done with ASOBO?  You two clearly know what your doing more so than ASOBO.  Maybe FSLTL have worked things out and maybe even you can help for the benefit of both AIG and FSLTL?

Asobo clearly doesn't want to be aggressive about its traffic system so it really is up to AIG and FSLTL to truly make this sim come alive.  And thank you for all you have done for the community!

Edited by knich
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

agree, as long as anyone plays by the rules 🙂

The "rules" are that, if FAIB has any issue with this, it's their prerogative to reach out to FSLTL and sort it out in any way they deem appropriate. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

spacer.png