Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Tsui

CTD caused by Win11 KB5007262 update

Recommended Posts

If you are running Windows 11, be careful with the recent Cumulative Update (KB5007262).

win11-update.jpg

My MSFS crashed to desktop after 5 to 10 minutes running in any active flight.

I can confirm that on my system since I experienced the same situation twice in the last few days.

The first time was last Friday, in which I mistook the CTD was caused by the motherboard drivers I updated at the same time.

Yesterday I had the Windows Cumulative Update installed alone, which consequently led to the same MSFS CTD scenerio after less than 10 minutes running.

Luckily, both CTDs were fixed by restoring my OS drive (just Windows, excluding MSFS) from the latest backup.

Have reported the issue to Zendesk and got a reply saying "the issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker".   

Hope there will be a solution soon.

If you are running Windows 11 and had the update installed already without any issue, Congratulations !

If you are running Windows 11 and haven’t had the KB5007262 update installed yet, do be careful either by making a system back up first (just in case) or simply skipping it for good.

 

Edited by Tom Tsui
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tom Tsui said:

If you are running Windows 11, be careful with the recent Cumulative Update (KB5007262).

win11-update.jpg

If you are running Windows 11 and had the update installed already without any issue, Congratulations !

 

No issue for me after this cumulative update !

I always check for Ms update before using FS2020.
I only use W11 with Fs 2020 and Davinci resolve studio. Linux is my main OS.


SU 7 and Steam + Linux : no problem, but l get less fps under Linux, this is why I use W 11 !

Edited by ctdlg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This update was installed on the 26 nov for me running on nvidea496.76  no problems even the weather above fl240 works 😀


Jean Couillard 
i9-10850k@4.9 . Asus rog strix Z490-E  .crucial ballistic rgb 64g DDR4 3600 cl16 .asus rtx3080 OC . EVGA clc240 .   EVGA 1000G+       XPG s11 pro 1TB M.2 . Samsung 970EVO 1TB M.2  . Lian-LI LANCOOL11 mesh perf .  AW3821DW 3840x1600@144Hz .corsair  K70 RGB . corsair M65 pro . TCA Officer Pack Airbus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem as Tom Tsui.  I just did the update and now the CTD.  It loads all the way to the aircraft, as soon as I pan around it crashes or freezes.

Anyone with a work around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jeanyul said:

This update was installed on the 26 nov for me running on nvidea496.76  no problems even the weather above fl240 works 😀

Congratulations.  My PC spec is similar to yours but the update crashes.  We are running different nVidia version, not sure if it makes the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GMFM said:

Same problem as Tom Tsui.  I just did the update and now the CTD.  It loads all the way to the aircraft, as soon as I pan around it crashes or freezes.

Anyone with a work around.

Perhaps uninstalling the update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the problem too but solved it by reverting to previous Nvidia game-ready driver.

Also discovered that MFS runs a lot smoother in Win 11 in DX 12 bet mode. In Win 10 DX 12 wasn't that great. I am keeping MFS running in DX 12.


Great WW2 Virtual Fighter Pilotteeee !!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I'm waiting as long as I can before moving over to Windows 11.  

  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dillon said:

This is why I'm waiting as long as I can before moving over to Windows 11.  

Actually I decided to move into Win 11 for two reasons - WSL and having experienced CTDs with P3dv5.3 and MFS in Win 10.

It turned out to be, apparently, a Nvidia Driver update causing it, but I am glad I upgraded. Win 11 feels just great !


Great WW2 Virtual Fighter Pilotteeee !!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jcomm said:

Actually I decided to move into Win 11 for two reasons - WSL and having experienced CTDs with P3dv5.3 and MFS in Win 10.

It turned out to be, apparently, a Nvidia Driver update causing it, but I am glad I upgraded. Win 11 feels just great !

I said the same thing about Windows 7 after I upgraded from Windows XP.  Said it again about Windows 10 and most likely will say it again when Windows 20 comes out... :ph34r:  Point is OS's need time on the market to mature before diving in.  Duds were ME, Vista, 8, and 8.1. No amount of time on the market could fix those versions. 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Vista .... My brain tries to even forget it's name :-)

  • Like 1

Great WW2 Virtual Fighter Pilotteeee !!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I said the same thing about Windows 7 after I upgraded from Windows XP.  Said it again about Windows 10 and most likely will say it again when Windows 20 comes out... :ph34r:  Point is OS's need time on the market to mature before diving in.  Duds were ME, Vista, 8, and 8.1 no amount of time on the market could fix those versions. 

Well that was all mature stuff lol compared to win95 😎 But I agree Dillon 😉


 

André
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, awf said:

Well that was all mature stuff lol compared to win95 😎 But I agree Dillon 😉

Oops sorry, forgot about Windows 95.😁


FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...