Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

Sorry for spamming the thread. Just landed after a micro-stutter fest landing, doable but bad but not as bad as last night with 2-5 fps. Now since I’m on the ground, the stutters are gone, it’s smooth now again. I’m baffled by what’s going on there.

@qualio, posting your system specs helps. Preferably in your signature block so they’re always visible.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, qualio said:

Sorry for spamming the thread. Just landed after a micro-stutter fest landing, doable but bad but not as bad as last night with 2-5 fps. Now since I’m on the ground, the stutters are gone, it’s smooth now again. I’m baffled by what’s going on there.

Same here, just landed in Doha after 6 hour flight, everything OK but some minor stutters until on descent, some bad stutters on final approach and landing and then smooth again after landing. After trying HT on/off, Process Lasso, HAGS on and off, empty standby memory tweak, a variety of in sim settings, NVidia tweaks, etc etc I am convinced that this is a bug with 5.3 and requires a hotfix. Users can make the issue less severe but I can't find a way to cure it. I'm on a clean Win 11 install and clean 5.3 install. It's pretty incredible that this got through beta testing, or maybe there wasn't much for this release.

Tried pretty much the exact same things as described above. Thought it might be ASP3D at some point too, sim settings, tried the OBX file from 5.2 that’s about 8MB instead of 900+MB, all without success. Judging by the amount of threads and topics regarding that issue, even on the Prepar3D own forum, it has to be a software issue with Prepar3D.

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Studio Drivers tend to be more stable than the GRD drivers.

That's my belief as well, I almost always use it. I was asking about the particular version.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

19 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Studio Drivers tend to be more stable than the GRD drivers.

There is a known issue that has been fixed for Road Traffic (especially the ALL roads option).  But in the released v5.3 I have all road and boat traffic turned OFF for now and "so far" flights out of FT YSSY with Orbx have NOT triggered low FPS or stutters.  But GPU scheduling turned OFF has improved stability. 

But as I posted earlier I did the old DDU process and manual GRD driver install.

I need to test P3D more, but I have MSFS projects I need to work on right now.

Cheers, Rob.

Can confirm for me, turning all traffic sliders to zero has cured the 2-3 fps phenomenon. Steady 28-30 all the way (locked at 30).

Edit. Further test. Just ships and ferries also reduces to 2-3 fps.

Edited by IanHarrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Well, I was getting the problem and my raod traffic was always off. For what its worth, I did one flight LGKO-EGLL with no problem after turning GPU scheduling off. My first ‘long’ ok flight on 5.3

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Anti-Virus (also Windows Defender) set to exclude any P3D5-related folder?

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring here and say for the most part I enjoy v5.3 with what I consider modest settings for my system with AIG limited to approx 50 AI. I am running into problems where on approach without fail I run into reduced FPS from 30 down to approx 20-23.  I have HT turned off and at the moment use the following AF settings which as I say keep my sim smooth until I am on approach:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=981
P3DCoreAffinityMask=981
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=1
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=2

Without fail as soon as I exit the runway I climb back up to 30FPS and smooth. I primarily use Aerosoft A320 series and only use payware scenery. I have attempted with AI to zero and seems I still get these stutters. Truth be told I have experienced this for several years including v4 so there must be something I am missing with my system that is throwing me off. It would be nice to not have this ruin the experience.

Any ideas on what I may be missing here? I'd like to think the system I have shouldn't run into this type of problem with modest settings.

Thank you,

Sean

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

10 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

Any ideas on what I may be missing here? I'd like to think the system I have shouldn't run into this type of problem with modest settings.

It's a bug in 5.3 that doesn't seem to have been picked up in beta testing. You can alleviate the symptoms by tweaking but the only way to eliminate it is for LM to issue a hot fix IMO.

33 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

It's a bug in 5.3 that doesn't seem to have been picked up in beta testing. You can alleviate the symptoms by tweaking but the only way to eliminate it is for LM to issue a hot fix IMO.

What exactly is this 'bug' and where has it been formally acknowledged? My system is virtually the same as @ywg256 yet I don't seem to be having these problems, as can be seen in the vids below:

IOM vid has road traffic at 20%, motion blur disable on both - stats on in vid overlays

The Mach loop was at a stable 50fps throughout, IOM in the F18, had to drop to 30fps with extremely high settings to keep it smooth.

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

What exactly is this 'bug' and where has it been formally acknowledged? My system is virtually the same as @ywg256 yet I don't seem to be having these problems?

I'm not inclined to regurgitate this thread and several others plus multiple threads on the LM forum but essentially the problem is stuttering and loss of fps, especially on approach and/or after a long period of flight, and freezes sometimes leading to CTDs. I'm happy you aren't seeing any issues, but many are, and many of those never had these issues in 5.2. I think LM said they are looking into the problem in a post on their forum, I take that for what it's worth given the apparent lack of beta testing.

It's just my opinion however based on a clean install and multiple attempts to fix the problem. If you have the magic bullet solution then I'd love to hear it but I've tried just about everything and am just having to live with the issue for now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

12 hours of 30 FPS (via VSYNC / 30Hz Monitor), entering Brussels Radar airspace inbound to Frankfurt, FPS dropped to single digits. As reported by others in the LM thread. 

@kevinfirth
This bug affects every v5.3 installation. If you have not yet experienced it you have simply been lucky (it does not occur every session). It can happen after 15 minutes on the ground, after 16 hours or not at all. Varies from session to session. There is something wrong with the new client, so much is clear.

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PinkPony said:

12 hours of 30 FPS (via VSYNC / 30Hz Monitor), entering Brussels Radar airspace inbound to Frankfurt, FPS dropped to single digits. As reported by others in the LM thread. 

@kevinfirth
This bug affects every v5.3 installation. If you have not yet experienced it you have simply been lucky (it does not occur every session). It can happen after 15 minutes on the ground, after 16 hours or not at all. Varies from session to session. There is something wrong with the new client, so much is clear.

So this is pretty much a situation where we just have to make due for now? As i say the sim runs great other than approach only. Its a shame many are experiencing this.

12 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

What exactly is this 'bug' and where has it been formally acknowledged? My system is virtually the same as @ywg256 yet I don't seem to be having these problems, as can be seen in the vids below:

IOM vid has road traffic at 20%, motion blur disable on both - stats on in vid overlays

The Mach loop was at a stable 50fps throughout, IOM in the F18, had to drop to 30fps with extremely high settings to keep it smooth.

Being discussed here:  https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=143918&start=30

From experience, it is more likely you will encounter this flying across multiple scenery regions than low level over a single one. 

And a video (not mine) of what this bug looks like when it suddenly occurs 

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Embedded videos removed
  • Like 1