Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Help a dummy. What all is sign saying here?

Refuel / Air station. Barstow California desert highway 395.

Can't have pilot inside, can't have prop turning.

I don't know about the top warning (doesn't look like the no smoking signs I've seen).

But you are encouraged to do 2 things down by the wheels, one is use a chock, not sure the other.

spacer.png

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I can see the no smoking up on top...

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

chocked and tied down maybe? I dunno, i'm at a loss too. just spray paint some graffiti on it...like "Prop Lyfe" or something

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Ground the aircraft before fueling, is the other thing it's telling you to do. Aircraft must be chocked and grounded.

Can't tell what the top one is either. 

Andrew Crowley

Chocks - yes - but ground power OFF/disconnected.

No crew or passengers in the aircraft ... engines OFF ... but I can't see that top one clearly enough either. Maybe I'll give it a visit at a different tiime of day, when the lighting isn't so harsh. It does look to be a "no refuelling" thing - which doesn't sound logical. Aah ... post crossed .."grounded/earthed" sounds likely.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

ahh. Engine off, chocked, grounded, no one in the plane, not during thunderstorms. 

i mean i think that blob is a rain cloud with lightning.

Edited by V1ROTA7E
  • Like 2

B737 Pilot

OK, tie grounded and chocked tires. Rain cloud/lightening refueling not wise. In the very top of the sign there is something that looks like a four wire transistor next to the cigarette. Not sure about that.

One time we were driving a pickup truck down 395 and you could see lightening striking the ground in 3 or 4 strikes at the same time for an hour. We were thankful for rubber tires being ungrounded.

16 minutes ago, Fielder said:

We were thankful for rubber tires being ungrounded.

Isn't there a plane that has a wire that drags on the ground to keep it grounded? I forget which plane it is...

B737 Pilot

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

In the very top of the sign there is something that looks like a four wire transistor next to the cigarette. Not sure about that.

It's no smoking and no mobile phones / transmitting devices.

Ian Box

should have taken this one instead, no guessing required

spacer.png

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

50 minutes ago, Fielder said:

spacer.png

All seem very sensible suggestions. I had not considered that aircraft should be electrically grounded during the process, but I guess they do build up a good amount of static as they pass through the air.

Thanks for posting the very clear picture.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

Hmmm... I thought it was saying "Don't smoke or listen to a transistor radio while your soon to be ex wife is flaming you because after the breakup (black bar with white breaks) you won't have enough rainy day money to put gas in your plane, start the engine, or hang out with your friends. Your plane will be sitting on the ramp grounded and chocked waiting for you to get a new life."  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440