Sign in to follow this  
tyke1

msfs VR fps mod

On 12/23/2021 at 7:07 AM, kdfw__ said:

the location they should be placed is C:\Program Files\OpenXR-NIS-Scaler\NVIDIAImageScaling\NIS?   the included NIS_scaler.1-0-1.h is for the newer version of the nv scaler so not needed, right?

and sharpen=0 as shown below?

{PostProcess
        Enabled 1
        EyeAdaptation 0
        ColorGrading 0
        Sharpen 0
        Fringe 0
        LensDistortion 0
        Dirt 0
        LensFlare 0
        FilmGrain 0
        Vignette 0
        LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
        FringeMultiplier 1.000000
    }

I don't have the above referenced folder. I am using an Oculus Quest 2 and Airlink. Will this not work for a Quest 2?

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

the installer will place it at that path.  according to the description it should also work for quest.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

5 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

the installer will place it at that path.  according to the description it should also work for quest.

I am confused, what do I install? Your download is only three files and you only mention two of them. What do I first install before loading your modded files?

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

Does the scaler config tool have to remain open for it to be effective? or can I set it and close the tool like I can with openXr developer tools for mixed reality?

Robin

You can close it once it's enabled. You only have to open it again if you want to make changes to any of the parameters

World scale will be interesting and maybe a little subjective. I will base it on the size of the coffee cup in the FBW A320. As of now it looks a little small to me. I have a lot more experience with the size of coffee cups than the inside of a flight deck so that will be my yardstick 😀. Would be easier if I knew whether it's a Tall, Venti, or Grande though.

Edited by mobeans10
Spelling

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

You can close it once it's enabled. You only have to open it again if you want to make changes to any of the parameters

Thank you.

Robin

On 1/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, dogmanbird said:

Mbucchia says world scale has been added to the next release of the mod. Yes.......WORLD SCALE!!    woohoo

I confirm it is coming up in the other more general OpenXR ToolKit project, and this is working great!

The world scale adjustment is pretty much based on what I've documented here and I'm glad we can put in motion some of these ideas, which honestly, would have been quite simple to implement in the core game from the get go...

In addition to NVidia NIS Upscaler, the OXRTK is also embedding the AMD FidelityFx FSR Upscaler and it might be just personal, but I like it much more than NIS in VR because I find it is not taking more computing resources and the sharpening feels much more natural, albeit less contrasted than NIS though. At least users will have the choice to use what fits their headset panels and vision sensitivity better!

I'm also working on other QoL features, such as a filter to reduce the over exposure in VR. It won't be a magic wand but it will help a little bit. I've also an experimental implementation of a tweak which corrects some of the 3D vector maths lighting bug in FS2020 (something contributing a lot to the shimmering bug... wait, there is no shimmering bug did they say in the last Q&A? 😉 ) but the problem is that this tweak is also causing WMR motion smoothing to loose its tracks sometimes. So for those not using motion smoothing I might consider implementing this in the official release.

Here is the official OpenXR ToolKit project where this is happening (there is no release available yet):
mbucchia/OpenXR-Toolkit: A collection of useful features to customize and improve existing OpenXR applications. (github.com)

There is a lot going on in this project and I must say Matthieu is doing an excellent job and I'm honored to be working with him on this project!

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 hours ago, RXP said:

The world scale adjustment is pretty much based on what I've documented here and I'm glad we can put in motion some of these ideas, which honestly, would have been quite simple to implement in the core game from the get go...

can the world scale be adjusted and saved per each model?  that would be nice as having to readjust each time would be a pain.

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

It is very odd that the world scale must be adjusted for each model. Plane models are drawn using CAD software and the dimension should be get from real plane or drawings. I believe that the dimensions are right. Maybe there is hidden plane specific VR zoom setting or something similar?

Thank you RXP 🙂

If the NIS interface is updatable real time, would that mean world scale could be adjusted on the fly?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kassu62 said:

You can adjust world scale on the fly with the IPD slide on your G2 headset.

Sorry that's incorrect, adjusting IPD does not adjust World Scale in the Sim. The IPD adjustment is to get the correct spacing for your eyes, World Scale is something completely different that relates to the "size" of your surroundings whilst in VR.

https://www.vive.com/uk/support/vive-pro-eye/category_howto/adjusting-the-ipd-on-the-headset.html#:~:text=Interpupillary distance (IPD) is the,the centers of your eyes.&text=Use this measurement as a,rotate the IPD knob clockwise.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)