Sign in to follow this  
Sparkrite

Active Sky P3D new Beta

Hi,

Just to let you know, HiFi Simulation Technologies have updated their latest public release beta to V 8016.

Just downloaded it now but haven't used it yet.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Change log? 

None that I can find. Distance problem with EA OFF still exists

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Change log is in your AS installation folder -- revisions.rtf. Here is a cut and paste of the applicable part (I think):

Open Beta Update – December 12, 2021
- [12/12/21] Various adjustments and tuning to visibility, both upper and lower altitude, for better P3D 5.3 results in all cases and all graphics/depiction modes (EA/Volumetric Clouds)
- [12/12/21] Horizon distance adjustment options and relevant visibility depiction results tuned for better P3D 5.3 results (applies only to non-EA mode)
- [12/09/21] Brought back the “Maximum upper visibility” option and defaulted this to 199 miles, providing upper altitude visibility “haze at a distance” by default as per feedback – To turn off any haze and have upper visibility be effectively unlimited as per previous 7900 and later builds, set this to 200 miles (docs updated)
- [12/09/21] Adjusted visibility depiction to prevent visibility being rendered too high in many cases with P3D 5.3
- [12/07/21] Adjusted visibility smoothing interval to be significantly quicker with P3D 5.2+ to avoid excessively lengthy transitions that might result in unexpected visibility conditions, especially during landing at destination

• Like 3

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Flight from KABE to KCLT, using the new Beta AS and EA, and I believe the haze issue, viz. "visibilty", was much better than it was prior to this update.  I'll keep testing in areas I'm familiar with and I should be able to objectively decide if it is indeed better.  I'm hopeful because I really like the look of EA in P3d.  Improvements such as this just need to keep coming.

Stan

I also just bought ENVSHADE.  I've been reading about this inexpensive program on AVSIM for quite a while.  I tried my first flight with it, and I look forward to tweaking its settings to improve the look of EA.

Question:  Do you have to start ENVSHADE every time before a flight or do you just set it up once and forget about it? Also, is there a site that talks about various settings for ENVSHADE or shares profiles?

Stan

6 minutes ago, spilok said:

I also just bought ENVSHADE.  I've been reading about this inexpensive program on AVSIM for quite a while.  I tried my first flight with it, and I look forward to tweaking its settings to improve the look of EA.

Question:  Do you have to start ENVSHADE every time before a flight or do you just set it up once and forget about it? Also, is there a site that talks about various settings for ENVSHADE or shares profiles?

Stan

You set it once, no need to fire it up each time

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

56 minutes ago, spilok said:

As above, when happy with your settings, make sure you click the green arrow down to 'Install to Sim'.

When finished you can exit Envdir and only when you want to change any of your settings will you need to run it again.

Does anyone else have square like clouds with the new version of active sky?

It seems that it is sometimes loading like grids... when overcast. Total immersion killer. Unfortunately most of eastern europe where I fly has been overcast for the last few days, hence the bug is seen more than usual.

• Upvote 1

Since last update to 5.3 I can't get ENVDIR to open. In frustration I just uninstalled all the TOGA stuff. Been waiting days for an answer on their forum. Nothing. Anyone else?

Vic green

43 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

Does anyone else have square like clouds with the new version of active sky?

It seems that it is sometimes loading like grids... when overcast. Total immersion killer. Unfortunately most of eastern europe where I fly has been overcast for the last few days, hence the bug is seen more than usual.

Grids have happened in all my past versions also. Nothing IMHO specific to this release.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

6 minutes ago, pgde said:

Grids have happened in all my past versions also. Nothing IMHO specific to this release.

Have you tried contacting HiFi about it? 

As far as I know grids or square clouds are not supposed to happen, and occasionally I might even have some squares missing inside the clouds themselves.

Totally different from what is shown on the official screenshots. 

3 hours ago, Shomron said:

You set it once, no need to fire it up each time

Thank you.  Good news!

On 12/14/2021 at 7:39 AM, Sparkrite said:

Hi,

Just to let you know, HiFi Simulation Technologies have updated their latest public release beta to V 8016.

Just downloaded it now but haven't used it yet.

Thank you for the info..