Sign in to follow this  
tup61

FBW A32NX seems to get worse instead of better

From my experience if you load a plan through MSFS planner into the 320 the ND lines are all messed up. But if you import via simbrief on the EFB it’s a lot better. Still needs polishing when drawing some complex routes though. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I use the FBW A32NX two or three times a day seven days a week. First rule of thumb "DO NOT" use the MSFS flight planner in any way, shape or form. Load the aircraft at your departure airport and using your flight planner of choice (SimBrief) import the flight plan via the A32 MCDU. On an odd occasion I might have to remove a superfluous waypoint, but other than that the A32 behaves impeccably.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

No issues here either with the FBW A320NX, may i suggest you folllow some of the excellent video's that detail how to operae the aircraft. I also find your title heading missleading to say the least. The aircraft has improved massivly with each update.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

42 minutes ago, Car147 said:

No issues here either with the FBW A320NX, may i suggest you folllow some of the excellent video's that detail how to operae the aircraft. I also find your title heading missleading to say the least. The aircraft has improved massivly with each update.

😉 I've been flying virtual Airbusses for at least 15 years and even though I would never call myself an expert I do know my way around the plane. So thanks for the advice but I do know how to get from A to B in the Airbus already and don't need any video's for that. And the title heading isn't misleading at all: it's EXACTLY what my experience is during the last two weeks or so, so how can it be misleading? Your experience obviously is different and I am very happy for you but you can't say that what I type is misleading if it is my truth. 😉

I will evaluate my flows, check if I am not doing anything wrong during the initial setup of my flight (like in SimBrief) and I will take the time as if it's my first experience with this plane in order to find out if I am simply doing something wrong without knowing it. That can happen when you get accustomed to a plane. 😉 If anything odd happens again I will post screenshots indeed!

18 hours ago, tup61 said:

Until one or two weeks ago I had no problem loading SIDs and approaches but lately the plan on the ND looks totally screwed up with lines going everywhere.

I'm seeing the same lately even on a short flight.

For example FACT to FALW with ILS20L selected at the destination. Trying to use SIDs or STARS results in crazy lines being drawn on the ND that go nowhere near the route. It doesn't make a difference whether I start cold and dark or on the runway. Importing from Simbrief or manually keying the route gives the same strange results.

I can sort it out in flight by going direct to the destination and manually adjust headings, but it's not ideal.

If I try the same route in the 172 with NXi it works perfectly.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Just now, JSmith2112 said:

For example FACT to FALW with ILS20L selected at the destination. Trying to use SIDs or STARS results in crazy lines being drawn on the ND that go nowhere near the route. It doesn't make a difference whether I start cold and dark or on the runway. Importing from Simbrief or manually keying the route gives the same strange results.

I can sort it out in flight by going direct to the destination and manually adjust headings, but it's not ideal.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. 😉

That's a bummer. Surely there's something wrong with your particular installation because I am not having issues either.

My motto is keep it simple. Have you attempted a clean install per FBW's web site?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

Hmmmm... Didn't think about other countries. Are you using updated nav data for South Africa, or just what MSFS has built in?

I do have problems with flight planning in general when I do not have my Navigraph data installed when I am flying  In the US.

If you have AIRAC data 2112 installed, try this short (45min - 1:15 depending on winds) flight -> KPVD PUT NELIE Q75 MXE V378 NUGGY TRISH3 KBWI

There are no SIDs out of PVD, so TO and then use direct to PUT after passing the 1st departure waypoint, which is usually a "runway heading to xxxx altitude" waypoint,

For arrival, pick Rwy 10 with the JANIS transition and of course TRISH via NUGGY.

Cruise is FL3400, and you need to start your descent 69mi before TROYZ to meet the 12,000' restriction at TROYZ (starting your descent at BIGGY should work). 

See if that one works for you. Works great for me.

Edit: Schedule your flight to depart at 6:05-620AM (EST / UTC -5) and you will land during a beautiful sunrise in Balmore, hon...).

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I all fairness, yesterday’s build had some issues with jumpy calculations once the STAR/Approach transition occurred. Performance was fine, but the instruments were jerky jerky. Still, it’s an altruistic WIP and will get fixed. In line with the OP however, there seems to slightly more of these type of QC issues slipping in… @Watsi

I’m confident there will be a new build today.

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

20 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Are you using updated nav data for South Africa, or just what MSFS has built in?

I do have problems with flight planning in general when I do not have my Navigraph data installed when I am flying  In the US.

If you have AIRAC data 2112 installed, try this short (45min - 1:15 depending on winds) flight -> KPVD PUT NELIE Q75 MXE V378 NUGGY TRISH3 KBWI

There are no SIDs out of PVD, so TO and then use direct to PUT after passing the 1st departure waypoint, which is usually a "runway heading to xxxx altitude" waypoint,

For arrival, pick Rwy 10 with the JANIS transition and of course TRISH via NUGGY.

Cruise is FL3400, and you need to start your descent 69mi before TROYZ to meet the 12,000' restriction at TROYZ (starting your descent at BIGGY should work). 

See if that one works for you. Works great for me.

Edit: Schedule your flight to depart at 6:05-620AM (EST / UTC -5) and you will land during a beautiful sunrise in Balmore, hon...).

I'm using MSFS nav data, no Navigraph. Will give your flight a try and see how it goes.

For interest sake I've just tried the flight I mentioned earlier in the Baron (NXi installed) and the route was drawn perfectly, even the VNAV was spot on. Flew the entire route on autopilot and disconnected at 500 feet to land.

• Like 1

Post enough info about that flight for me to duplicate it, and I'll give it a try to see how it behaves for me.

31 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Post enough info about that flight for me to duplicate it, and I'll give it a try to see how it behaves for me.

Start at FACT runway 01 (or from gate doesn't matter). Destination airport FALW, approach ILS 20L. You could use KODE1A as departure but this is where the crazy routing starts as soon as you. select it in the MCU.

Alternatively paste into Simbrief: FACT D354H OKLAS D022Q EVUKI D054I CD20L FD20L LWV FALW then select ILS 20L in the MCDU.

Got the second update today, they are really quick ditribute them. I only miss the documentation of what the have changed. All the Honor goes to the DEVs of FBW Team!

Regards

Michael

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MichaelLowl said:

Got the second update today, they are really quick ditribute them. I only miss the documentation of what the have changed. All the Honor goes to the DEVs of FBW Team!

Regards

Michael

Check they Twitter 😉

today update 

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/advanced-guides/data-management/#delete-all-stored-waypoints

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

So far so good, the plan looks correct on the ND and the flight is proceeding normally, almost time to descend. Certainly some screenshot worthy eye candy already.