Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

This is the best thatFSX has to offer?.

Hello,I've listed my system specs below (it is one of the top end systems out today). The screenhots as well as flying inside FSX are terrible!!! Look at my screenshots, I get 26+ FPS even with the highest setting FSX has to offer, but look at the view, to put it as plain as I can, the view stinks.Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 | 2-XFX GEFORCE 8800 GTX XXX | Asus Striker Extreme | 4-Gig Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR Twin2X2048-9136C5D | Enermax Galaxy 1000w | 2 Western Digital 10,000rpm Raptor Sata hard drives (150Gig each) - (RAID0)| Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum | Asus DRW-0804P DVD-RW | Sony DRU-830A Dual Layer DVD Multi drive | Mitsumi 1.44MB 3.5" | Enermax Mid-Tower | Coolmaster Musketeer | Coolmaster Cool Drive 4 | Typhoon VXFSX2.jpgFSX3.jpgFSX4.jpgFSX5.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Brian,The last shot above the aircraft that blurry mess looks good to you?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

That's one blurry mesh Mike can feel your frustration but then again you should turn down your sliders and more balanced to have a better pictureand to give your system more time to buildup the stuff ;-)FSX can look stunning pre SP1 and after but still with a huge performance penalty and 3r party add-ons...Performance with the default stuff is easy just bring it in balance...Great hardware you got there if you need help we can have a far better look ;-) Happy to help you I would never fly in that mesh ;-)Cheers,Andr

André

Turn your visibility down. It's more realistic. I know you're a real life pilot but how often can you see all the way to a 150nm horizon ?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

The game compensates with too high settings by blurring the textures. You are going to have to go down on your settings to clear that mess up. There is no pc in existence that can run fsx with all sliders maxed so don't even try it or else you'll end up with that blurry mess that you posted.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hi,I have a $1,200.00 monitor, or should I say $1,200.00 when I purchased it. It's a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB (22" Monitor).I can assure you I do not buy low end components!. Not when it comes to Flight Sim!.

Try setting your framerate to unlimited. Some cards (for some reason mine) seem to work best this way.Also-I believe you should have your texture resolution back about 3 notches as the textures are not 1cm detail-yet...Use the fsx.cfg settings to try to sharpen the texture (on Phil's blog).As an experiment turn autogen completely off just to see if the textures "sharpen". On the older machine I fly-autogen blurs the photo textures making them look like fs9-it would be interesting to see if the same is going on on your newer rig. As Astrodave mentioned-if you turn everything up no machine yet can handle it and the textures seem to be the first to go (blur). That is why I run with autogen mostly off as I prefer the razor sharp photo textures to the autogen. With your rig you should be able to do both if you turn a few sliders down elsewhere. I would suspect the fs.cfg tweaks would work for you to. For me water on 1x looks the most realistic in all areas except the ocean where 2x looks best.Also-try doing some of the stuff you can't do in fs9 like flying a shared cockpit with someone else. Do a sightseeing trip or give some dual!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Hello,If my system is unable to keep up, how am I getting a MAX on my FPS which is set to 26.I also backed off the settings to FSX Default, the results are shown below. I don't see any improvement. You will also see that I lost some FPS compaired to 26.1 with a higher resolution.FSX7.jpgFSX8.jpg

Seems like your Anisotropic filtering is not working...Eventhough you have it checked.