Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

This is the best thatFSX has to offer?.

Guest Elvi5

Mike, try turning on anisotropic filtering within your gfx card settings & turn it off in the Flightsim options.Same goes for anti-aliasing. I think the blurry aircraft texture is just how the texture is & not a prob with hardware, setup or fsx.

Hi Geofa,I tried your suggestions, here is the result. I also turned completely off "Autogen".FSX9.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,I tried your settings as well.The end result.FSX10.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

The guy has a top of the line system and his sim runs like that without ANY add-ons yet on SP1? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DI can't wait to see how all of your frames will start decreasing when the heavy duty add-ons will start showing up in the market.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest chinga

Mike..can you tell me what coordinates your at. I would like to see what it looks like on my system which is just a tad lesser than yours. If it looks better on mine then you definately have a problem and it's just not FSX.

Guest Elvi5

Ok, I can see Anti-aliasing is actually turned off & I think Anisotropic is off too.In the FS Display settings try 'trilinear' for Filtering& make sure Anti-aliasing is OFF.Now go to your Nvidia Panel & turn on Anisotropic filtering & Antialiasing to at least 4x like below.Like I said before, the blur on the cessna is the way the texture is.I've uploaded a 100% crop of a small section from the original texture & you can see its not perfect either.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171771.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171773.jpg

Mike-here are two shots with and without autogen on my system. PIV 3.2, 2 ram, nvidia 7600 512k, windows vista 32 bit.You should at least be able to get a visual like this-but with better fps than I can get.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171772.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171774.jpg

Hi,New York's KJFK airport.

I think that compared to FS9, FSX renders out as 'cartoonish', to invent a word.I have been flying it non-stop since having fired up SP1 and even though I now have pretty decent performance from my P4 3.4 GHz machine,....I still have to say that FS9 has far more realism and attraction as per the 'rendered world' about you. My opinion, of course.I now honestly believe that M.S. intended FSX to feel and look as though it is a 'flying game', rather than what had been its franchised 'serious' look in the past three versions of M.S. FS.I find FSX renders washed out and pastels.I feel myself now leaning towards FS9 as my main M.S. flight sim. It just does everything so well, and it looks and renders so good!I'm not bumming out because of SP1. No...but rather that FSX personally, just truly doesn't cut it for me.Back to FS9, and all the great stuff that goes with it, including VIBRANT colors and a planet that is not one pastel-brown desert in scope. :(My two cents, and not beer-tears.Mitch R.

I agree, the pastel textures especially around airports combined with the pastel desert and horrible landclass does leave a bad taste in my mouth. I still like FSX a lot after SP1, but I'm still waiting for someone to come out with new textures that make the "game" look real.

Hi Mitch,I guess I'll be joining you with FS9. I can't see how its my setting and not FSX. Here is a shot from FS9 in the same area.FSX11.jpg

MikeHave you messed with FIBER_FRAME at all?Your system looks like a good candidate for FIBER_FRAME tweaking to eliminate blurries.FYI, my rig can run locked at 24 fps and no blurries. You should be easily doing better.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB