Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

This is the best thatFSX has to offer?.

Hi,I'm not talking about the aircraft, the aircraft is fine, its the ground textures.My graphic card settings, I also tried with and without SLI enabled.Anisotropic at 16Antialiasing at 16Q

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Rhett,I have not tried that, I'll give that a shot.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Jim,Out of all the drivers I tested, Version 165.01 gives me the best performance and screen quality. This includes Nvidia, 3DGuru and Tweaks-R-Us.

I know Mike! I know!I am truly bummed' out. I did the same as you scene for scene, and FS9 looked good, JUST like the screen shot you posted. I have an excellent monitor as well, and FSX...well..Ok...I'm just going to say it...looks like a 25 cent-in-the-slot ARCADE GAME.Flame suit on....I thought that when I had the performance (and SP1 DOES give me that performance) I'd change my feelings that I am sitting somewhere in a bar 'playing' a flying game. My points are up to 1000 for three successful landings, lol.Just joking, but that is the feel for myself. Of course not for everybody.I now have used FSX with decent performance AND with all the scenery sliders maxed.Compared to FS9? Doesn't cut it. Doesn't cut it.Bill Gates was looking for a different crowd and age group with this release. Thank GAWD for FS9!!!!!See you in the FS9 forum.Cheers!Mitch

Hi,One thing I forgot to mention. This is a Fresh FSX install with the added Service Patch 1.

Mike, seems to me you are experiencing the new issue that SP1 has, which is horrible blurries. This is what I get when flying in a fixed direction. If I refresh my graphics setting, forcing it to rerender, the textures in the given area load up nice and sharp, but once I move from the intitial area the texture no loger load. I can fly in circles above the same tile for as long as I want and they do not load. Hopefully another path or fix of some kind will be released.http://sio.midco.net/FTP5/blurry.jpg

>Hi Rhett,>>I have not tried that, I'll give that a shot.>>I really think that with your very fast cpu, you can find a FIBER_FRAME setting that will:a) still give you good framerates, but:( tamps down the blurriesIf the FIBER_FRAME setting works like it did in FSX RTM, then I suspect that you'll lose some top end fps, but the blurries will be gone. However, with your fast machine, I suspect that you can make that trade-off, especially now with SP1.FIBER_FRAME is something I think I will experiment with too on my rig, because for sure SP1 and framerate/lock and blurries are interacting differently now...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I hadn't even considered anistropic filtering. Most of the texturing issues I've seen have stemmed from that.

My FSX Albuquerque departure last evening looked pretty good to me.My first flight with SP1. Depending on the time of day FS9 can look pretty washed out too. Try flying late afternoon and see if the view proves to be a bit more realistic.In either sim-if the sun is high in the sky-I tend not to fly mostly being a dawn,dusk or night flyer.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171795.jpgOr this afternoon shot over Sedona Az.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171796.jpg

Guest chinga

Mike,Try this. I was experiencing the same as you and thought to myself(If only we could extend the the sharp textures further into the distance)Well DUH!!! Forgot about the LOD_RADIUS setting in the fsx.cfg. Before SP1...setting it to 4.7 or above would result in it taking forever to load or it would just hang altogether. Now with the multi-threaded faster loading times of SP1..i was able to bump LOD_RADIUS to 8.0 and i get crisp textures for almost as far as the eye can see. Not very realistic but looks awesome. Also...only lost a few frames in the process.Edit: Also forgot to mention that bumping it up this high will increase loading times back to pre-SP1 days. Small price to pay to have clear terrain for me.

You may want to check this.http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/601/2BTW..If you do adjust your video card settings, do it while you are not in the sim...and after you have made your changes and saved. Start your flight sim.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

First shot is about as good as FSX is going to look. Couple of points:-You're at a much higher altitude in your FS9 shot-Your FS9 shot has a lot of haze in it, which greatly enhances realism. Your FSX shot has Unlimited vis, which causes oversaturated colours and unnatural mid-far distance textures. Fly with 10 - 40 mi visibility for best results.-There's no need to have mesh and textures maxed. 38m is good for mesh, 1m for textures (no textures that shipped with FSX are higher res than this). 60cm will cause slightly more detailed vector roads, but seems to make textures load slower and might cause unnecessary resampling of textures.-FSX introduced high-res textures and much denser autogen. Still, the interaction between vectors (roads, railroads, stream) and the terrain was not improved upon. FSX just draws those on top of the textures, making them cross on top of 2d rooftops, the textures' built in roads etc. FS9 also does this, but because the FSX textures are 16x more detailed, it becomes painfully obvious. Hopefully, textures and vectors will become more "integrated" in future versions of the game.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hello,Now I'm getting somewhere. Don't ask me how I got 130 and 116 FPS because I don't know. The screenshots on the other hand look much better.FSX13.jpgFSX14.jpgFSX15.jpg