Sign in to follow this  
ark

What Airport is This?

Nice guys! Gotta love AVSim for factual info! Ask a factual question and you will get the correct answer! That RWY is a good length even for small jets! Looks deceptively short on the high angle pics like being too high on approach! I will definitely visit LSGK! Cheers for the holidays!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

3 hours ago, Doering said:

That RWY is a good length even for small jets

Saanen is the airport of Gstaad, the winter tourists come with their own jets 😄

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

40 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Saanen is the airport of Gstaad, the winter tourists come with their own jets 😄

It's only for the 1%...and simmers

I have been there several times in a CJ2.  Easy in if weather is good.  Nice flat approach and the wind tends to follow the valley and therefore the runway headings.  Sometimes you have to takeoff in the opposite direction of intended travel but the mountains are not very high and we just climb straight ahead then make a 180 turn.

I think I have some photos from a few years ago.  I will check.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Does this look like the same airport?

2120001635_LSZS_3440x1440.jpg.98f4c681de46d47688de218a12b9a706.jpg1747172.jpg.47c7634042b32029f3e5222deee9d529.jpg

18 minutes ago, raymar said:

Does this look like the same airport?

Ray -- isn't that Sion in your pictures?  (that's sort of a guess, but it looks more like Sion, and not Saanen to me)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

15 minutes ago, Mace said:

Ray -- isn't that Sion in your pictures?  (that's sort of a guess, but it looks more like Sion, and not Saanen to me)

It could be Sion - my eyesight is not what it once was.  The closeup one on top is the correct one for sure.  Played golf there. Never completed a round though.

Ray

4 hours ago, raymar said:

It could be Sion

Sion is my home airport, your photograph shows Samedan LSZS (St Moritz, see the lake in the background of the second shot and the railway line South of the runway next to the Golf Club you are referring to?). It is located at 5'600 feet, that's why surrounding mountains don't look so high!

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

10 hours ago, raymar said:

It could be Sion

Yes, it‘s LSZS Samedan. There‘s a fantastic freeware addon on flightsim.to. which includes some of the surrounding buildings and the railway infrastructure you can see in the photo. It’s one of the best freeware airports I’ve seen to date. https://de.flightsim.to/file/3361/saint-moritz-samedan-airport-lszs-v1-0

Flying into Samedan is quite an experience, especially the approach into runway 3.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2