Sign in to follow this  
MammyJammy

New P3D 5.3+ Affinity Mask Calculator

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

Hi Ray.

So I assume you keep P3D on the other cores ?

And everything at Normal Priority ?

Yes. I have a six core CPU with HT enabled. I use the settings recommended by @SteveW and @MammyJammyin this topic. Having an understanding of binary helps but isn’t mandatory.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

i have a much simpler workaround... how about LM putting an option for this into the advanced menu instead letting paying users suffer on this. should be a baseline for a software they dare to overprice this much, and lie about military and god nows who using it for "training" whatever the f that means... clearly in beta stage after so many 5.xx version this is basically a theft

Wow.  Well that is off in left field.  This is an 'advanced' feature that if you read about it Prepar3d by default will attempt to figure out the best setup for your system and automatically assigns these settings.  This topic is about customizing that for people that want to try to tweak their system or adjust it based on other programs they are running on the same machine.

v5.3 has been the most stable best running version of p3d I've used and I've had every version back to 2.x  LM's main clientele is NOT us consumers.  In fact it is even stated in their TOS.  If you've ever seen systems that run Level D type simulators they are not setup like a home cockpit or use consumer grade hardware.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Agreed.

And every CPU reacts differently.

I'm finding different results with various AMs.

And as I add additional stuff... like Active Sky and GSX.... I'm guessing it will be even more a case of trial and error.

And when you have Performance and Efficiency cores in the mix ... Oh My !

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chris202 said:

clearly in beta stage after so many 5.xx version this is basically a theft

It's unfortunate you failed to ask for a refund within LM's 14 day window.  Really. Unfortunate.

5 hours ago, Chris202 said:

i have a much simpler workaround... how about LM putting an option for this into the advanced menu instead letting paying users suffer on this. should be a baseline for a software they dare to overprice this much, and lie about military and god nows who using it for "training" whatever the f that means... clearly in beta stage after so many 5.xx version this is basically a theft

Sigh...  Y'know, we really could do without the hyperbole and false accusations.  If you don't know...'what the f "training" means', I'll be happy to elaborate for you:  it means that men and women who (unlike you) will be flying real high performance jets in a matter of weeks are learning and practicing flying skills using this software which, despite your apparent inability to master its use, clearly works for the intended purpose (at least when placed in the right hands).

So no, it's not a lie...the US military actually does use P3Dv5 as a tool in its real-world military pilot training programs.  Here's a photo just taken from the USAF's 47th Flying Training Wing website.  Note the LM P3D logo in the upper left corner of the screen.  URL for the full article below:

https://www.aetc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2984398/upt-25-a-new-start-for-tomorrows-pilots/

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Absolutely.

I've gone back to P3D as I'm a simmer.

I may still run MSFS on occasion as I'm a gamer who likes "pretty"... may try out helicopters.

They're different. Certainly not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 12:06 AM, Bob Scott said:

Sigh...  Y'know, we really could do without the hyperbole and false accusations.  If you don't know...'what the f "training" means', I'll be happy to elaborate for you:  it means that men and women who (unlike you) will be flying real high performance jets in a matter of weeks are learning and practicing flying skills using this software which, despite your apparent inability to master its use, clearly works for the intended purpose (at least when placed in the right hands).

So no, it's not a lie...the US military actually does use P3Dv5 as a tool in its real-world military pilot training programs.  Here's a photo just taken from the USAF's 47th Flying Training Wing website.  Note the LM P3D logo in the upper left corner of the screen.  URL for the full article below:

https://www.aetc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2984398/upt-25-a-new-start-for-tomorrows-pilots/

Imagine how many hours that saves them in real aircraft time.

And they're using the TM Warthog HOTAS ... which I believe is both very realistic... and expensive 🤣

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Image in quoted reply removed.

Wow,

Thanks for this tool. Finally my P3D is running smooth.

I'm fine tuning at the moment. But I'm really happy

10900K, RTX 4090, HT off

I have in my cfg:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=511
P3DCoreAffinityMask=510
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

P3D: unlimited FPS, 8xSSAA, 4096x4096, Vsync off

Nvidia Programm Setting forP3D: Triple-Buffer on, Maximum Performance,Texture Qualtiy: High Quality, V-sync: half

Active Sky, Little Navmap, avia Server on the last Core via FSUIPC.

But I'm still finetuning.

Regards Urmel.

Hi!

Could someone help with Affinity mask for i7 6800K

Total Physical CPU Cores: 6

Total Logical Processors:12

HT ON

THANKS

On 2/23/2023 at 10:08 AM, juaness said:

Hi!

Could someone help with Affinity mask for i7 6800K

Total Physical CPU Cores: 6

Total Logical Processors:12

HT ON

THANKS

You could try this:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=4095
P3DCoreAffinityMask=3132
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=3
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

This allows P3D to run on cores 1,2 and 5 and leaves Core 0 available for the O/S to work on and Cores 3 and 4 for any other add-ons.

Edited by 787flyer

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi,

I have been experimenting with the distribution of P3D processes over the various logical cores and so far I have found this one to work well on an Alder Lake i5-12600K CPU:

I will continue to test this in the next few days/weeks.

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=65535
P3DCoreAffinityMask=64572
MainThreadScheduler=3
RenderThreadScheduler=5
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=6

This seems to give quite a nice balance between P3D core processes and my add-ons which include Chaseplane and ASP3D on P3Dv5.3 HF1 that I can place on the unassigned cores.

Interesting was, with the Main Thread Scheduler placed on HT2 instead of Perf Core 1, I saw a slightly lower (better) CPU utilization rate of approx 70% (for the former)  vs 80% (for the latter) so this appears to provide some more "breathing room".

In some experimentation using Orbx YBBN v2 as baseline, I also found that if the Main Thread Scheduler was placed on an e-core (as proposed earlier on in this thread) versus a p-core, I saw the average CPU utilization on my system (calc across all cores) decrease by 0.3Ghz for CPU speed as measured in the Task Manager.

Is there a good reason why the Main Thread Scheduler should be placed on an e-core vs a p-core for the 12th and 13th Intel CPU families as some users have proposed?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!