Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 hour ago, mikced said:

A great step for all of us using S.I

Actually, it's only my part to solve this problem. The default Say Intentions Taxi Tuner definition for Ramona is out dated and define start spot positions that don't exist anymore. You have to define as default for KRNM - for you - a profil from "edgecase": https://p2.sayintentions.ai/p2/ttv4/

Tdnfll.png

I don't know EdgeCase but.. THANK YOU!

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Major Update for MSFS Ramona KRNM Airport (v3) – Now Live! Exciting news for all Microsoft Flight Simulator pilots! The latest update for Ramona KRNM Airport (v3) is here, bringing significant i

  • vbazillio
    vbazillio

    Six years ago, I started upgrading MSFS airports just because the default taxiway names were totally wrong. Today, I'm building my own custom taxiway sign objects! Here’s a preview from Ramona (KRNM)

  • vbazillio
    vbazillio

    Version 1.3.0 available now at https://flightsim.to/file/25710/ramona-krnm Caution: new folder installation. Please remove any older version previously installed in "vbcorp-airport-krnm-enhanced"

5 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Actually, it's only my part to solve this problem. The default Say Intentions Taxi Tuner definition for Ramona is out dated and define start spot positions that don't exist anymore. You have to define as default for KRNM - for you - a profil from "edgecase": https://p2.sayintentions.ai/p2/ttv4/

Tdnfll.png

I don't know EdgeCase but.. THANK YOU!

Yes I created my own SI profile for Ramona with Taxi Tuner. Love the fact you can name individual places at the airport like ”Signature hangar”. ATC will then know the place when you request to taxi to or from it. No more simple Norrh, South, East or West parking

Edited by mikced

Do i dare hope your other airports will follow along with this no static aircraft option eventually?

  • Author
2 hours ago, mikced said:

Do i dare hope your other airports will follow along with this no static aircraft option eventually?

You can hope ;) It's a lot of work for me as just a passionate simmer, still professionally active and with a real life aside the sim activity ;) You ask for static but there's also the taxiway signs object that would benefit to a lot of other of my freeware. A lot of work here too. Don't by which airport to start.

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • 2 months later...

Flew to Ramona today for the first time with both static aircraft options turned off and for some reason the static aircraft are still there. Checked all other ones like Gillespie, Montgomery but they were free from them. Might there be a small error for Ramona? I tried to enable and then disable but still visible for some reason.

  • Author

Don't know what happened on your PC. The Toggle-Static-On-Off.bat just rename \vbcorp-airport-krnm-ramona\scenery\world\scenery\krnm-aircraft-Static.bgl into krnm-aircraft-Static.off and vice versa.

Just veryfing: did you notice that they ware two .bat files? One for the Calfire static (Toggle-Calfire-On-Off.bat) and the other (Toggle-Static-On-Off.bat) for all other static aircraft? And of course, it works only at the next MSFS launch.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Yes two bat files and both are clearly off but two Cal fire aircraft are park on the ramp non the less and some static GA. I can check tomorrow if stil there. could perhaps be my 120 GB cache file.

  • Author
7 hours ago, mikced said:

Yes two bat files and both are clearly off but two Cal fire aircraft are park on the ramp non the less and some static GA. I can check tomorrow if stil there. could perhaps be my 120 GB cache file.

I'm going to check on my side as well. Weird.

EDIT: OH! IT'S ALL MY FAULT. Wrong file management for the regular static aircraft not removed and totally skip the two Cal Fire remaining (S2T and Bronco). Will fix it in a minute. 4.1.1 is on its way. Sorry for that.

EDIT#2: found another issue - not related to static aircraf - which was raised somewhere by another simmers. In MSFS2024, there're huge bumps on Alpha taxiway between Cal Fire apron and Chuck Hall FBO. Need to work on it but it will take more time ;(

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Thank you ever so much Vincent. Quick question when you do the clearing of static aircraft for your own airports do you create some sort of exclude file or how goes the process. I purchased KCRQ yesterday and while a very nice effort from Dreamflight Studios even the most pro static aircraft defender must agree its just way way too much 😄 I was thinking I might have a go at removing some or all. I have seen on flightsim.to individual efforts from people doing this for various payware airports so it cant be impossible.

Edited by mikced

  • Author

Way too much? I'm almost in the team "still not enough" ;) Dreamflight vs Google Maps:

koLggM.jpg

2glE1R.jpg

I don't use exclusion. Not even sure if it could work, when you have to remove an airplane object very close to an hangar. Not too mention, the one inside hangars ;) There're no exclusion attributes to just remove static plane or plane objects.

On my compatible sceneries, I don't do "the clearing". Static are object that I have manually positioned and that I have to move to another BGL file. This .BGL file is the one you activate ON/OFF with the batch file. Believe me, it's a h** of work to get through all my existing sceneries and move objects. And it's source of errors (see this discussion). At the end of the day it''s something that I won't personally use and finally dislike! ;)

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • Author

v4.1.1 is now live. Thanks to @mikced:

  • Fix several static aircraft not removed when Toggle-Static-On-Off.bat is OFF

  • Fix object (people around aircraft) not removed when Toggle-Static-On-Off.bat is OFF

  • Fix OV10 and S2T not removed when Toggle-Calfire-On-Off.bat is OFF

Other updates and fixes:

  • Update static C172 textures (red, green, yellow and blue, ix normal/flip on the right flaps)

  • (MSFS2024) Fix taxiway Alpha bumps reported by a sim user (can't find your post anymore). I had to remove some terraforming that I thought were cool but seems in conflict somewhere ;(

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

35 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Way too much? I'm almost in the team "still not enough" ;) Dreamflight vs Google Maps:

koLggM.jpg

2glE1R.jpg

I don't use exclusion. Not even sure it could work, when you have to remove a airplane very close to an hangar. Not too mention, the one inside hangars ;) There're no exclusion attributes to just remove static plane or plane objects. On my compatible sceneries , static aircraft are in their own .BGL file (and believe me it's a h** of work to get thru my existing sceneries).

We are different there Vince 😄 If needs be I rather have a totally empty field with say two AI aircraft that I know will interact with me and ATC than having 100 pictures of aircraft (aka static planes) that just sit there looking way ugly. With SI I will get more than two AI as well so that was just to paint a picture of my static aircraft dislike😄

4 hours ago, mikced said:

We are different there Vince 😄 If needs be I rather have a totally empty field with say two AI aircraft that I know will interact with me and ATC than having 100 pictures of aircraft (aka static planes) that just sit there looking way ugly. With SI I will get more than two AI as well so that was just to paint a picture of my static aircraft dislike😄

I get we all have different preferences but, "... pictures of aircraft (aka static planes)"? They're all just pictures of aircraft, static or otherwise. For what it's worth, I HATE empty airports, and I like Dreamflight's version just fine. The addition of planes from SI just makes it that much better. Note that I'm not saying you're wrong - this is opinion territory after all - but you do seem a bit, er... strong in your dislike. 😉

Scott

Perhaps you are right 😄Although It really might also have a little to do with all the countless hours I spend in Taxi Tuner trying to make airport as perfect as possible. Static aircraft are just in the way and also are much likely to conflict with SI parking spots. This unless you spend even more countless hours measuring exactly where every static aircraft are parked and avoid that exact space cm for cm when working T.T. So its not only because I had that extra Budweiser saturday evening that I saw two aircraft parked on the same spot. Static aircraft could be the culprit 🤪

Edited by mikced

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.