Sign in to follow this  

FSX SP4 Beta Posted.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, but I guess everyone is so wrapped up with Christian's Great TileProxy Utility. Phil has announced last night on his blog, that SP1 has gone to a Beta 4. He says they have fixed the performance regression issue, but some other issues relating to Photo scenery has popped up. He emphasizes, it won't affect the schedule too bad, and SP1 is still slated for a May release.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great! :-) Phil, can you name a date to look forward to? I may have to pass a holiday allocation to human resources :-) How sad am I!Nels

I was only just thinking (before I logged on) this morning about a beta4 and wondering if there would be one. The news must have come out too late last night for me to see it in the UK.Edit: Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain this in layman's language? :) "we expect to take only 1-2 more builds before having an RC for RTW"

'still slated for a May release' sounds like it won't be the beginning of May and that there is a change that... Ah well, I'm patient. I'm sure it's going to be great. However, I kind of stopped to play FS X for the moment, waiting for SP1 to arrive (don't want to mess with my new SP1-ready-re-install and I don't want to be bored with FS X by the time SP1 arrives... ;) ), but if it will be June before SP1 arrives, I might as well keep on flying...

>Great! :-) Phil, can you name a date to look forward to? I>may have to pass a holiday allocation to human resources :-)>How sad am I!>>Nels>>Owen Hewitt (Polypoke) says on his blog "I cannot mention the anticipated date, but it is significant for two reasons (for me, at least)."Ok when's his birthday,wedding anniversary,wife's birthday,daughter's birthday etc....:-lol :-lol

>I was only just thinking (before I logged on) this morning>about a beta4 and wondering if there would be one. The news>must have come out too late last night for me to see it in the>UK.>>Edit: Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain this in>layman's language? :)> >"we expect to take only 1-2 more builds before having an RC>for RTW" Sure, Vic. "It won't be long now..."How's that? ;)Allcott

>>I was only just thinking (before I logged on) this morning>>about a beta4 and wondering if there would be one. The news>>must have come out too late last night for me to see it in>the>>UK.>>>>Edit: Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain this in>>layman's language? :)>> >>"we expect to take only 1-2 more builds before having an RC>>for RTW" >>Sure, Vic. "It won't be long now...">>How's that? ;)>>>>AllcottThanks Allcott. :-lol It's also amazing what uses the internet has and IF it's right it wil not be long at all. However,I won't click refresh on the FSInsider site just yet. ;)

I'll get excited when SP8 is out...

I had planned to post it, but thought Phil might do so. Hoewever I think they needed to take a serious break on a Friday night. They have to be logging some serious hours on this. ACES really are working hard to get SP1 to be a real success. I have no doubt it will be.I did post it on my blog last night.[hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation FanVisit my new Blog: http://abwain.spaces.live.com/

>Edit: Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain this in>layman's language? :)> >"we expect to take only 1-2 more builds before having an RC>for RTW" I would assume it would mean something like... >"we expect to take only 1-2 more builds before having an Release Candidate for Release To W(????)"Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

>>Edit: Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain this in>>layman's language? :)>> >>"we expect to take only 1-2 more builds before having an RC>>for RTW" >>I would assume it would mean something like... >"we expect to>take only 1-2 more builds before having an Release>Candidate for Release To W(????)">I've had a look on Google and I think it's Release to Web.

RC = Release Candidate (ie presumed releasable build)RTW = Release to Web

Curious what this one will do for FSX, it means just plain and simple for me FSX will be the main sim and time to say goodbye to FS9 or remove FSX from my HD and skip it ;-)Time frame isn't that a big deal more important is quality programming and almost bug less and improvement of performance...There is already so much / enough bad programming and testing around the virtual block... no one excluded here ;-) Andr

... I've been trying hard, but the the degree to which the date gets pushed back after having thought we were so close is starting to astound me. Just two weeks after the target date slips over the March/April threshhold, suddenly its pushing up against June. For almost 2 months it seems like the expected date has been at least keeping pace with realtime, if not putting some distance on it with this news.I'm sure this doesn't bode well for the DX10 patch either as no doubt SP1 is drawing resources the DX10 patch would otherwise be getting (but how much you wanna bet the "adrenaline" team is fully staffed despite SP1?)Not that I don't appreciate the hard work ACES must be putting in, but I think I'm about to start refering to this as the Duke Nukem Forever SP.

EDIT: I did mean the April/May threshold.