Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Heavy Division: B78XH Stable 0.1.13 released

Just did a short IFR flight with the latest version and it seems to work okay. Will have to test more.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I just completed my standard long haul test flight. KLAXKBOS. Fully automated flight, takeoff Los Angles R25R OSHN1 descending five hours later into Boston  via JFUND1 to R33L where I landed safely. 

The LNAV worked as well or better than its other MSFS stablemates and the VNAV was flawless from the TOD autopilot initiated decent hitting all the altitude constraints on the numbers right to short final and my landing. 

I’ve been flying PMDG and FSLab Iron for years.  While this plane does not rise to that standard, it most certainly does an excellent job of adequately simulating a jet airliner flying using LNAV and VNAV.  I only tried it today because of this thread that started following the announcement by Heavy Division

Im pleasantly surprised and quite impressed by this wonderful offering

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 4

It's an excellent mod. I does cause some incompatibility issues for me though. For instance with the EFB of the FlyingIron Spitfire and JustFlight Arrow. I think there may be other conflicts so I only have it in the community folder when I want to fly the 787.

• Like 1

Very happy to know that LNAV and VNAV are working as expected. Especially after passing TOD on the ND it will automatically descend if you have the altitude dialed lower in your MCP.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 hours ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

Becuase VNAV is pretty much unreliable in MSFS airliners, I've gotten to the point where I can manually dail in a VS from any alt and get it to where it needs to be for the final approach, lol. Even into NZQN (after a couple of flights!) Of course not everyone like to do that way.

Agreed, VS is the most basic, always working fallback. But there is also FLCH, which I also works long before VNAV works and which I think is very convenient. Dial in a new target altitude, press FLCH and lean back...!

DO you feel it is good enough for Vatsim? That is all I need to know, I don't need a PMDG version yet 😛

Victor Roos

12 hours ago, captain420 said:

Since when did it have working VNAV? Last time I tried this mod (version 0.1.1-62) it messed up during the approach phase. LNAV couldn't follow my final approach path on the ND and screwed up my entire approach.

Did you use the latest dev build?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Yes, it is vatsim ready. 

Thanks! Good, then I'll try it (outside of Vatsim first :p)

• Like 1

Victor Roos

Just be sure to use the dev version (at least that is my experience). I know this is counter-intuitive when this thread is about the stable version, but the fact is that the stable version is always pretty far behind the dev version at any point. The point of the stable version is just that - that it is stable. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Anyone know where to download the simbrief profile for this mod?  Also v 0.1.14 is out now for it.  I wanna do long haul on this aircraft and it needs to be accurate lol.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

On 7/21/2022 at 1:32 PM, VBHB said:

Anyone know where to download the simbrief profile for this mod?  Also v 0.1.14 is out now for it.  I wanna do long haul on this aircraft and it needs to be accurate lol.

I just used the default Simbrief profile for the B787X and have done a few trips from EGLL - CYYZ without issue. I am just doing a short hop now from LEIB - EGKK in the latest development version so will check how much fuel I have on board when I get on the ground.

At the gate with the engines off I am showing 7.9 tons of fuel on board, Simbrief estimated 5.3 tons of fuel at EGKK so not too far off. I will try knocking down the fuel factor slightly on the next trip.

Hope this helps

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

40 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I just used the default Simbrief profile for the B787X and have done a few trips from EGLL - CYYZ without issue. I am just doing a short hop now in the latest development version so will check how much fuel I have on board when I get on the ground

The default Simbrief base profile seems to do a pretty good job, but I would definitely add another 15 mins for fuel if you are doing a long haul at lease in my case. I always add a little more since more often than not my SID and STARS (mostly Trans and STARS) change from the time my plan is filed to the time I actually fly for the long-haul flights. Which is what I want since it happens in the real world.  

Cheers.

Edited by forshaw
just add some more comments
  • Like 1

I wanna be doing like 14hr long hauls lol like KDFW to YSSY .... how out of whack is the profile?

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.