Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Rex Accuseasons - How is it?

9 minutes ago, aniiran said:

What about Arizona? no one can do southern/western AZ correctly.  I don't want a to get a product like this unless I can see some natural vegetation shots. My problem with Bijan is it just had way too many large trees and cactii, it looked worse than default because it tried to do too much.  Outside of cities the trees are maybe 15-20 feet tall and they don't look like mesquite or Palo Verdes. Then when you went into the higher terrain it went to deciduous looking trees instead of juniper and pine. Southern/Western Arizona has been neglected in every single add-on in every single flight simulator since the beginning of time.  We don't really have seasons here except for when everything blooms in the spring. 

Good Point!

I never thought about the Southwest in a mod like this...

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, aniiran said:

What about Arizona? no one can do southern/western AZ correctly.  I don't want a to get a product like this unless I can see some natural vegetation shots. My problem with Bijan is it just had way too many large trees and cactii, it looked worse than default because it tried to do too much.  Outside of cities the trees are maybe 15-20 feet tall and they don't look like mesquite or Palo Verdes. Then when you went into the higher terrain it went to deciduous looking trees instead of juniper and pine. Southern/Western Arizona has been neglected in every single add-on in every single flight simulator since the beginning of time.  We don't really have seasons here except for when everything blooms in the spring. 

A few shots over/around Tucson with Rex AccuSeason set to Automation.  I do like pretty high saturation so take that into account 😁

Arizona-1.png

Arizona-2.png

Arizona-3.png

Arizona-4.png

Arizona-5.png

Arizona-6.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

@MrBitstFlyer

That looks pretty unrealistic.  Thanks for sharing.

-No Saguaros, too many palm trees. too tall of trees, too many trees period.

Probably just a limitation of MSFS but default looks better.

Shot 2 and 4 look ok.

The new season textures must be nice, George isn't crying...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have a question regarding this addon?

Do I have to pick a season preset in the UI for the time of season I’m flying or does the program do it automatically based on calendar date…?

In short, if I want to see current spring vegetation do I need to select “spring” and if so will I no longer get snow in areas that are supposed to still have snow coverage in the Northern hempisphere during spring season?

Also I’m guessing this program doesn’t need to run before starting the sim?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

Just now, Kilo60 said:

Do I have to pick a season preset in the UI for the time of season I’m flying or does the program do it automatically based on calendar date…?

In short, if I want to see current spring vegetation do I need to select “spring” and if so will I no longer get snow in areas that are supposed to still have snow coverage in the Northern hempisphere during spring season?

Thanks!

The program runs once per day and downloads and installs textures.  I have mine set to run at midnight each day.  It DOES NOT need to be run each time you load MSFS.  The button to press is 'Automation'.  Alternatively, you can load AccuSeason and select any season you want manually before you fly.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

It seems like the spring and summer seasons come way too early in the upper Midwest of the US.  In the sim the trees have a lot of green leaves and the fields are green already, but in real life the trees are bare and the fields are still brown.  Anyone else notice this?

Regards,

John

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The program runs once per day and downloads and installs textures.  I have mine set to run at midnight each day.  It DOES NOT need to be run each time you load MSFS.  The button to press is 'Automation'.  Alternatively, you can load AccuSeason and select any season you want manually before you fly.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

On 1/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, aniiran said:

@MrBitstFlyer

That looks pretty unrealistic.  Thanks for sharing.

-No Saguaros, too many palm trees. too tall of trees, too many trees period.

Probably just a limitation of MSFS but default looks better.

Shot 2 and 4 look ok.

I am not sure. That looks a lot better than default to me. You can adjust some settings in the accuseason menu as well. It was just updated today as well. This is one of my favorite addons right now as it works pretty much everywhere in the sim compared to those ridiculous looking huge trees.

I setting everything to warm colors, irregular canopies and default trees, sometimes i pick shorter as well. I just set it and forget it, really.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Thanks!

Hi Chris, good to talk to you again. AccuSeason gives you the option of both, either selecting a seasonal preset or using the Weekly Dynamic Seasons option.

Therefore, if you want to fly using a specific seasonal preset, you can select it. So for Spring you can select one of the four (soon to be five) Spring presets.

If you want to use the Dynamic Seasons feature, which gives you Weekly vegetation changes, you can opt for that. If you enable the Automated Dynamic Seasons options, the system will automatically update the vegetation files every week. Therefore, if you want to see the current spring vegetation, just turn the "Enable AccuSeason automated dynamic seasons" to on that you see in Step 2 in the image below. Make sure you are not in the simulator when selecting a preset or opting in for the weekly automated changes. Once you have made your selection, then you can start up MSFS. By the way, you can have AccuSeason closed down when in sim. 

3WkSyxY.jpg

By enabling the Automated Dynamic Seasons option, you will see the changes in Spring vegetation on a weekly basis as is depicted in this short video.

In terms of weather, AccuSeason is related to presenting seasonal vegetation. The changing of weather is something that is done within the weather functionality in MSFS or you could use an app like REX Weather Force. Thanks Chris. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I wish that an addon would produce convincingly fall season trees and colors! Particularly in alpine regions!

Bijan at the beginning had nice golden larches in October in European alpine regions, with some unrealistic green conifer patches.

But later versions stopped showing these golden valleys and also the lower level areas only show bland colors, no reds and yellows, quite unreal.

Is accuseasons better with fall colors?

The sample pictures I've seen are not convincing...

Ernst

4 hours ago, piperarrow41 said:

It seems like the spring and summer seasons come way too early in the upper Midwest of the US.  In the sim the trees have a lot of green leaves and the fields are green already, but in real life the trees are bare and the fields are still brown.  Anyone else notice this?

Regards,

John

Hi John. Thanks for the comment. The MSFS codebase uses areas on the globe called EcoRegions to determine where vegetation is located and specify vegetation species. In total there are close to 850 EcoRegions around the world. Here is a link to a map that contains all ~850 EcoRegions: https://ecoregions.appspot.com/

AccuSeason utilizes these EcoRegions in the MSFS codebase to bring seasons and color to our flights and what we have done is built timelines within this structure to introduce seasonal color changes to vegetation, and these changes are often weekly. This structuring of timelines to change vegetation coloring is an extremely time consuming, hand crafted approximation, so vegetation should be relatively close within the constraints of the MSFS codebase and reason.

If things off a bit, for instance as you mentioned in the upper Midwest of the United States, AccuSeason allows you to move the dynamic season week backwards or forwards to calibrate things. What I mean by that is you can go into the Settings page (I included an image below), go into the Manual Dynamic Season Changes section and select the week you want to apply so if there are too many green trees in the upper Midwest, then you have the option to change the dynamic season week. I hope that makes sense. By the way, I also live in the upper Midwest and was hoping that trees would have started turning green by now, but I am seeing them budding. 

eTwfbXV.jpg

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Mike,

Thanks for the information, I will give that a try!  Is it possible to "calibrate" the season with Manual Dynamic Season Changes to create an offset for Automatic Season Changes to use?  For example during the week of April 10th Automatic Dynamic Season Change would instead use the vegetation coding for the week of March 27?  It would just be offset by a couple of weeks.

Best Regards,

John

17 minutes ago, piperarrow41 said:

Mike,

Thanks for the information, I will give that a try!  Is it possible to "calibrate" the season with Manual Dynamic Season Changes to create an offset for Automatic Season Changes to use?  For example during the week of April 10th Automatic Dynamic Season Change would instead use the vegetation coding for the week of March 27?  It would just be offset by a couple of weeks.

Best Regards,

John

Hi John. Interesting question. I will ask Reed, but I doubt that would be possible, but at least you can calibrate the weeks manually. I will ask him anyway and see what he says. Thanks. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations