Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

There's plenty of freeware for PNW Flying...

I just wanted to post a little about all the fantastic freeware strips that some contributors have made for MSFS.

Windhover (from the WT team) has made a few recently...especially I'd like to point out Vashon Island 2S1, a favorite of mine (and many others) from FSX era.  He's also done many other small airport "gems" across the USA.

https://flightsim.to/profile/Windhover/uploads

Wookie042 has done a bunch of small strips mostly in the San Juan Islands area, and some additional strips in Montana, Idaho, and California:

https://flightsim.to/profile/Wookie042/uploads

Quelcertoleo has done some nice standalone PNW airports (see mostly pages 3 and 4 out of his upload list).  He has some super nice Alaska airports as well.

https://flightsim.to/profile/quelcertoleo/uploads

I know there are others but I haven't listed them...but I am very thankful for the freeware contributors to this hobby.  If you read this thank you!

• Like 16

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I had no idea there were this many addons for the PNW, which is one of my favorites places to fly. I remember the ORBX PNW series for FSX and that's all I flew for months and months while I was waiting to upgrade to MSFS. Lots of good memories flying around there.

I loaded up the Orbx PNW offerings that have made it to MSFS in their last sale.  I’m disappointed there are not more actually. Thanks for the links.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

9 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think Windhover's Mountain Air airport in North Carolina is one of his best contributions.  I always stop by when in the neighborhood. 2NC0 - Mountain Air Airport (Burnsville, North Carolina) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I found a real jewel buried deep in one of the profiles. Lake Chelan (S10), WA, US » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Ray

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

This is perhaps the best part of MSFS… the conduit for altruistic gifts of time and talent. The XPL crowd used to have the exclusive rights to this wellspring…not anymore!

I am often humbled to be part of this gifted community.

I remain obliged- C

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

43 minutes ago, btacon said:

Can’t mention PNW flying without mentioning Misty Moorings

Ah, completely forgot about that beauty. Thank you!

Edited by teletom

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

I think I have everything Orbx has for this region. Always happy to find new stuff!

Thanks for posting this, Ryan. Appreciate the enthusiasm, it pushed me to go looking again.

Thank also to all the talented folks producing stuff for free to help augment our little world.

Rich.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Wookie042 has done a bunch of small strips mostly in the San Juan Islands area, and some additional strips in Montana, Idaho, and California:

I was looking at Wookie042's stuff the other day, because I really liked it a few sim updates ago, but I haven't been back to that area of the world in a while.   It looks like it hasn't been updated for SU7 and I see some comments about trees being in wrong places now.   Have you used many of those strips in the latest sim update?  If so, are they still mostly OK?

TIA.

The people's flag is deepest red.

12 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

I was looking at Wookie042's stuff the other day, because I really liked it a few sim updates ago, but I haven't been back to that area of the world in a while.   It looks like it hasn't been updated for SU7 and I see some comments about trees being in wrong places now.   Have you used many of those strips in the latest sim update?  If so, are they still mostly OK?

TIA.

There's no crashes or anything.  I have flown that area a bit recently and didn't notice anything.  For what it's worth I saw trees on the ramp at my payware LVFR KBDL scenery hehe.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |