Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

I installed the latest nvidia drivers for vista and xp and they have definitely seemed to help with the LOD radius and blurries on both OS's. I still have problems only in vista though where all of a sudden everything gets blurry and then the sim eventually crashes with a OOM error. My schweizer chopper always causes this to happen at some random amount of time. If i don't choose it then i will get a longer flight with the default aircraft until eventually even with them the same thing happens. I got the same behavior in vista pre-sp1 though and was hoping it would fix the OOM errors in vista. The blurries do seem much better after the new drivers though, at least so far. More testing needed to determine if it was drivers.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hi Ted,Thanks for the reply and test. I have the same exact result. If I look at map view etc,. the non sunlit textures come back. The Posky planes loose their sunlit textures just by flying a while in 2D mode. Happliy, all we have to do is make any change as you described and we get them back. I'm really surprised no one else is saying they have this issue. I only wish I knew what to do about it.... Maybe some of the gurus will see this thread and figure out some setting in cgf file or something to fix it. Meanwhile, at least we can go through the procedure to fly with nice textures.Thanks again.Earl

Guest diajohn2

I am running Vista with the patched FSX and it would error out and close. I used Paul Taylors work around for processors and now it runs just great. If you are having problems with your AMD try to add [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=3to your config file.

Guest jle52

HiI had this same running out of memory problem and found that removing Fsuipc stopped the out of memory error

>Seems like all of you are testing SP1 with default birds,>scenery and weather. I wonder how this thing will perform when>you load it up with bunch of add-on aircraft, traffic, weather>and scenery? :D>Wondering about that too.

Guest kokkori

Dear Daniel,I had the same issue myself with SP1 and I found out that it was the FSInn addon that tried to load the same time the splash screen was on the screen. In case you have any utilities that load the same time with FSx, try to uninstall them and then see what happens.RegardsPS: In case you know anyone with an ATI Radeon X1950XTX graphics card and uses it under FSX let me know... :)

Guest lulu

I guess I need help. I have been quiat up until now because I don't like to jump the gun and complain about anything until I have really had a chance to give it a good go.First of all, I got NO increase in load times after sp1 install (4 times, including uninstall fsx and reinstall)Next, my frame rates DID appear to be better at first but it is hard to tell because they are all over the place --27 then 4 then back to 20 then down to 7. This is while sitting still in the parking lot. I am sorry to complain. I really hate to complain, but I uninstalled sp1 and my frame rates now are a constant 15, which is not excellant but they stay there. System-- Gateway FX400 Intel ® Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHZ 512 ram 84% free spaceNvidea 6200 turbo cache 93.71 drivers Windows xp pro media center edition version2002 service pack 2

Guest AirPierre

I too have become stressed with SP1!!Did a 'repair' to FSX to get all the original files in place after SP1 refused to install - it worked and installed completely!!Now I have lost my side & touchdown zone runway lights despite including these lines in my fsx.cfg:RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.30RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.30RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.30RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.30Removing SP1 brings them back? Anyone have similar problems?Now to AI aircraft - it is said there is a 'fix' in SP1 which puts back the feature from FS9 to have a night-light file (*_l.bmp) in the main texture folder rather than one in each of the aircrafts folders yet when I do this I get no tail/window lights on my AI aircraft but, when I go back to one file in each folder they light up like Christmas trees?!!! Anyone have the same problem or does the 'new' feature work for you?Lastly, I have no decrease in loading times despite having a dual-core CPU and my FPS change is minimal despite putting several 'tweaks' in the fsx.cfg as suggested elswehere.As the previous writer said, complaining is not good, but frustration seems to take over from this eventually!!Can anyone confirm they have the similar problems PLEEASE!

Guest Knikolaes

>>Seems like all of you are testing SP1 with default birds,>>scenery and weather. I wonder how this thing will perform>when>>you load it up with bunch of add-on aircraft, traffic,>weather>>and scenery? :D>>>Wondering about that too. Well, I only have Activesky v6 for FS9 and until Ultimate Traffic comes out for FSX I am not using traffic add-ons here (I prefer SCHEDULED routes, not random ones like in MyTraffic).However I can say that the Feelthere Airbus does have HUGE performance increase post SP1.The odd part is that post SP1 parts of the VC are missing . . . just invisible . . . . fortunately it's parts that are behind my head and not where ihave to look all the time. It's like the Alpha Channels got jacked up during the patch.Anyone else have this issue with add-on AC post SP1?

Guest Knikolaes

>SP1 seems to be an improvement in several areas - frame rates>and load times. However,FSX now switches from a nice clear>resolution to a VERY blurred resolution when I add in a set of>objects that caused NO problem prior to SP1. I had>occasionally seen the automatic blurring before but very>infrequently and usually when I was messing around with>something. Now it is a big step backward for me. >>Texture bandwidth=40 Fibers=0.33>2ghz, 1gb memory, ATI 9800SE 128mb>>Regards,>Dick Boley>>GAH! I keep looking for this line with "Fibers" in it in my FSX.cfg file and cannot find it. I must be looking in the wrong file. Where do i find this?

Guest Knikolaes

GRRRR!Okay I have a new one that is not mentioned at all in this thread yet.Since SP1, any aircraft I load that has a glass panel freezes the sim. I can fly just fine with any other AC, but no Cessna with G1000 :-(Is anyone else having this issue?

Guest Jim Knows

Phil,I reformatted my HDD. then re-installed my entire operating system and that fixed the problem I was having with the real-world weather updates error issue. No more error saying I have to check my internet connection/configuration. Since the re-install of the OS, its working perfectly and reflecting real-world weather here in Canada. Just thought that info would help you.BTW, except for terrain tiles not keeping their crisp texture after a few minutes of flying which becomes very annoying, everything else is working great on my end. I've tried alot of the tweaks you suggested, plus some others, plus lowering of settings both in and out of FSX, the problem remains. First question that comes to mind, is it FSX's fault with tile loading OR the nVidia video drivers not doing its job when called upon. (I have tried the last 3 driver releases).AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+2 gigs of dual channel DDR2 533mhz rameVGA 7950 GT KO 512 GDDR3 ramSeagate Barracuda 250 gig 16meg buffer 7200rpm SATA/PATA HDD

Given that the issue with texture loading is happening on both AMD and Intel, dual and single core, Nvidia and ATI, XP and Vista, and many combinations thereof, I don't see how it could be anything other than an FSX issue.

Guest Knikolaes

>Given that the issue with texture loading is happening on>both AMD and Intel, dual and single core, Nvidia and ATI, XP>and Vista, and many combinations thereof, I don't see how it>could be anything other than an FSX issue. Agreed entirely.

Is anyone having an issue with FSX shutting off your computer completely? No CTD, just a non provoked, no warning shut off? It's happened to me almost every time I've loaded FSX SP1. It happens after I've taken off and am about 15-20 minutes into flying. I'm running XP SP2 on an AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.10 GHz processor with 1GB RAM and an NVidia GeForce 6800XT 256MB graphics card. Any ideas? And no I'm not about to reformat my entire drive for this.