Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

I was monitoring the diskaccess using Filemon While I was flying around DFW.Why the heck is it accessing Phoenix phtotextures and Hawaii phtotextures and Horizon UK Phototextures.. My HD is buzzing away..because its reorganizing or doing some house keeping of sorts.. IF thats what is happening..that is not a good time to do that..I would think.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I agree Manny, even flying in Australia, the UK photographic textures are still being accessed.George

Guest Milamber

I was plagued by this error too. Tried everything but never could get it to install. Finally I bit the bullet and re-installed Vista. Just installed FSX and SP1 installed with no problem. I know an OS-reinstall is pretty drastic but sometimes it might be neccessary. If it you can't get it to work any other way...well there is one way. I had sent my install log file into the tech support guy that posted here but I haven't heard of any progress as to what was going wrong. Something must have gotten hosed during an update or some other program installation. Anyway at least it works now for me. I hope you get it working too.Chris

It could be, its just accessing the directory index and not necessarily the files themselves.. which maybe ok.MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for that.I will do a search.

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

:-) Sure!Well apparently this helped. I've had 2 flights over 1 hour - same place - not problems what so ever.For the moment it seems like the beta drivers have worked.Now off to some more flying - I love every moment of FSX.

If you could further test this and report if it still improved the blurries any that would be great. Which version did you download? 158.42?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest son1cm

>I was plagued by this error too. Tried everything but never>could get it to install. Finally I bit the bullet and>re-installed Vista. Just installed FSX and SP1 installed with>no problem. I know an OS-reinstall is pretty drastic but>sometimes it might be neccessary. If it you can't get it to>work any other way...well there is one way. I had sent my>install log file into the tech support guy that posted here>but I haven't heard of any progress as to what was going>wrong. Something must have gotten hosed during an update or>some other program installation. Anyway at least it works now>for me. I hope you get it working too.>>Chrishumm... gotta say I don't really want to do all that. I've emailed Microsoft to see if they can come up with anything that I have not already tried.

>Heiko>>thanks - I hadn't even set the bandwith to 4000 (or was it>400) - but some 3rd party thing I'd installed must have.>>with it set to 40 - judders are MUCH less frequent - and>improves things massively >>thanks Reducing it down to 40 does reduce stutters, but can cause significant slowdown in loading textures, which could result in blurries, or more likely in SP1 blank textures before the real textures load, especially when panning or switching views. This is not a unique issue to SP1 setting bandwidth too low causes the above setting it too high, like 400 introduces stutters. I have mine set to 250 for my E6700 with no issues!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I've now had 4 hours of flying time with the 158.43 Beta drivers.No problems with memory! I've been testing it with: The Aerosoft Beaver: 1 hour.Real air FS360 (FSX version) 2 hours.Cessna 172 (default) 1 hour.Regarding the buries flying at 5000 ft. I had slight buries at the horizon. I would say - more than 5 miles from the aircraft the textures were not in

Yeah typo about the 158.42 ;)I guess i may have to work up the courage to try and update these drivers this weekend. Feels like inserting a single bullet into my 357 and spinning the cylinder and then firing it at my pc when it comes to updating nvidia drivers that already work pretty well in vista :/________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest Dave Denhart

MikeYes, I got your email w/ attached data. I was out-of-office yesterday and most of today. I'm still catching up with my backlog. Sorry for the delay. I need to hand this off to the Installer expert, and have him look at it. It may not be until Monday when I can get back to you.Thanks for your patience. Sorry again for the delay.-Dave

Guest Dave Denhart

Mike (son1cm)Chris (Milamber)The Installer expert has requested another file:%WINDIR%logscbscbs.logThis is another log file that's text, and should be very compressible into a .zip file.Thanks,Dave

Guest Dave Denhart

MikeThe installer expert has asked for another log file from your machine:%WINDIR%logscbscbs.logThis is also probably a large text file which can be .zip'd to make it small enough to email.BTW, I'm a Microsoft Flight Simulator developer, not a "tech support guy". :-)Thanks,Dave

Chris:http://www.fox-fam.com/FSX/reduced_default.xml.ziphttp://www.fox-fam.com/FSX/AutogenDescriptions.zipAs I stated earlier, the autogendescriptions.spb file has now apparently been split into 3 files; either that or the sim now calls for one of the 3 files depending on your setup. I'm not sure about that. If you want to try it anyway, remember to rename your original file to something else like AutogenDescriptions.spboriginal or something similar before you add this tweaked file.As for the roofdescriptions.spb file, you don't need a tweaked file for it, simply rename it to something like roofdescriptions.spboriginal so that it doesn't get used in the sim. Now add these 2 lines to the *Terrain* section of your FSX.cfg if you haven't already:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=6000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=500Adjust the numbers as you please, and remember to set your autogen slider to maximum.The result from these tweaks will be a maximum number of trees, some buildings and special type autogen such as farm houses, barns, etc; and no residential buildings like houses in your cities. If you are not experiencing blurries, you will find you probably won't miss the houses because with 1 meter texture resolution the houses in the textures pop and stand out as if they were there in 3D. Not exactly the same as actually using the autogen houses, but a nice tradeoff in my opinion if you have a lower system. The dual and quad core guys with the newer graphics cards with 512/640mb video ram really don't need these tweaks anymore with SP1.Give this a try and see if it helps you achieve what you're looking for. If it doesn't, simply rename the original files back to what they were at installation, and go from there.

Ken