Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

Guest CocoLoco

RyanThanks for your help with this - after you mentioned that there had been a discussion about this on a previous thread, I managed to find the relevant file in the FlightSim library. As you mentioned, I think it's been deleted from the Avsim Library. Once I've finished defragging my HD I will try it out.Thanks again for helping me out.RegardsDavid

>Yves:>what if you reduced the level of detail radius?Could you please quote the line? Radius you said?Thanks.

Guest Knikolaes

Well, I am VERY pleased with the patch except one issue. <<<<>>>>Nevermind. I found the issue. If your sky looks like this, turn antialiasing ON in FSX. I guess the patch had reset some of my settings LOL. Oops. I'd just delete this post, but deleting apparently isnt an option in AVSIM.http://puebloaviation.org/images/troublesh...20Issue_Web.jpgAlso . . . isn't there a way yet to be able to walk around the virtual cabin in FSX? I keep seeing developers post screenshots of cabin views of their products in FSX, but F1View and Activecamera are not yet compatable with FSX. Any ideas? I was hoping this patch would enable something like that.

Guest son1cm

>Sorry, forgot that information.>Please send it to my Hotmail dave.denhart account.>>Thanks,>DaveHi Dave,Just wondering if you got the email in the end or not?ThanksMike

Guest fireflyfx

double post

Guest fireflyfx

I've run into a major problem. Despite much improved fps, every once in a while fsx now freezes followed by CTD. Then the next time I fire up FSX i get very crackly audio- especially engine noise. the only way to solve it is to reinstall SP1. anyone else had this problem? anyone got any suggestions as to the cause. Pre SP1 everything worked fine.

Guest cclauss

I am having "Out of memory" errors after installing SP1. I am running XP Home on an AMD Athlon 3400, 2Gb, NVIDIA 7600 GS.

Guest lulu

You are right I was parked near a refueling station.

Guest Challenger604

firefly so you're saying you re-installed SP1 and it fixed the crashing problem?

Hi Dave, YOU were right,installed the updated sdk, everything works ok. Thanks.

>General: See above - but you DO need Disk1 to install SP1!You do? I didn't have it loaded and SP1 seemed to install fine for me - I think!

Guest Knikolaes

>>General: See above - but you DO need Disk1 to install SP1!No, you do not. I did not have any FS disk in my drive on installing SP1 :-)

Well apperently - the "out of memory" issue is still there.It has just happened to me. 15-20 min. out north of KSEA in the Aerosoft Beaver.I'm not sure if this is an issue with the FSX(Clean install then SP1)Maybe it's the Beaver, Vista, Nvidia (8800 GTX), my E6700 or a combinations of things. I have 4 Gbyte of memory????I believe that I've read somewhere that the NVidia driver might be responsible for the "out of memory" error. Right now I'm lost - I need to do some more testing.

I believe you'll find that only two of the default aircraft (B738 and A321) have this night light problem. This is caused by a lack of a "call" in the model file for the *LM.dds" file. This has been bugged.Frank Bass