Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

Hi,Got it.Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest MauiHawk

> Added blurries could easily be directly proportional to FPS. Indeed. After my initial (perhaps overdone) enthusiasm, I too am finding that texture tiles just don't seem to be loading like they should. It seems reasonable that this would be very proportional to the insane FPS improvments I measured. And I agree that the autogen popping is disconcerting. I think what is happening is rather than appearing one at a time where it wouldn't be so noticeable, now entire batches appear at once. I wonder if there wasn't a way the could batch them, but start the new batch objects invisible and at them in over the course of a couple seconds or something....SUGGESTION: Can we break out seperate threads for dealing with the common problems (or at least blurries), so we can focus on helping each other try to find ways around it without wading through everything else?

Thanks for the info Bill. I'll add the AffinityMask setting tomorrow and see what happens for me.

Ken

Guest Rozz

Hi there,I have experienced a technical issue that I wasn't able to find in the forums so I had to register.I wanted to say that after installing SP1 FSX (and gotten the message that it was sucessfully installed, with FSX Disk 1 in) I started FSX as normal. It created all that new databases and index scenery loadings and what not and then nothing happened. I was reading the forums actually, expecting to see the FS main menu in a bit after alt-tabbing but I realized everything was close and gone. I figured I had to restart the game.I did, I get the splash screen for a few secons and then it goes away. Nothing more happens. I just restarted and the same.Anyone else with this issue?I had everything freshly installed, plus a couple of the famous cfg tweaks of that blog, as well as those of trees tweaks.DanielWinXPAMD Athlon64 3200+1GB RAM PC3200 Dual ChanneleVGA Nvidia 7800GT CO 256PS: I do have two 120GB hard drives. In one the OS is installed and in the other FSX is.Thanks in advance!

Interesting. Its possible there is a case where our CPUID detection code isnt clever enough.That *is* why we publish the tweaks.

Guest Rozz

Was that last answer for me? What's CPUID?Thanks

Guest Rozz

Was that last answer for me? What's CPUID?Thanks

They are in the Windows/Installer hidden directory.Make sure you know what you are deleting.. and realize that you can no longer uninstall SP1 if you delete these files.

Bert

Guest Rozz

Nevermind, fixed.I found another thread in the forum about running FSX in safe mode, as described in topic #397342 and I tried that.Launched FSX and it worked. At least I have the menu now, let's see if I can play and let's check out the improvements.I had installed Carenado FSX patched aircraft as well as FSInn. I think the latter caused the troubles because of the dll/exe files in the modules folder. Would be good if anyone can confirm this.Thanks

No, that was for Bill.CPUID is the technical name for the assembly code that detects what type of CPU you have.Given how complicated the detection schemes have to be to catch single core, single core HT, dual core, and quad core, and more to come; its entirely possible we are missing a case.As I said, thats why we publish the tweaks, so the community can experiment and self-heal where possible.

thats the 2nd report of that weather issue, I have sent it around to investigate.

Guest Spud

I posted this somewhere above, but I think it got lost in a thread...in any case...I'm getting blurry screen in the 2D panels. Everything outside is clear and when I switch to virtual cockpit, all the panels, guages are sharp.Here's where it gets interesting...when I'm in 2D panels, the panels are blurry, GPS blurry, radio stack blurry, etc. but outside is fine. When I switch to the virtual cockpit and pull up the GPS, it isn't blurry anymore!!Also, in 2D, when I click on a switch, or anything for that matter (say toggling on the GPS), the entire screen will go white for about 4 seconds, and then reappear with the GPS up (in this instance). Doesn't CTD...Overall, I can really tell a difference when flying in VC mode...very smooth...Any help is appreciated...Thanks.

Guest SIDDickDastardly

There still seems to be something very badly broken with the code in FSX which decides which textures to read. I have the Horizon Gen X photo scenery for England and Wales and if I run Filemon I can see Gen X photo textures being accessed seemingly at random even when I'm flying hundreds of miles away e.g. tiles from the north of England being read whilst I'm flying over the south of France.I don't know for sure if it's related, but I'm also getting very bad stutters (fps are generally great for the first 30 seconds or so of a flight but they deteriorate badly after that, making the sim unplayable).Prior to SP1, after increasing the texture bandwidth and fibre settings and setting the texture resolution to 7cm I had reasonably smooth fps with a very occasional stutter. Since installing SP1 the frequency of the stuttering has increased massively and no settings (including the default values) seem to improve this.Cheers,DD

Guest GamePlayer

I don't seem to be getting the performance boost from the SP1 that most other people are getting. I installed SP1 for FSX and the frame rate actually lowered by 1-2 fps (according to the frame rate counter from ATI Tray Tools) but there was great variance according the the FSX frame rate counter in a flight I set up and saved. The peak frame rate is much higher than before SP1 installed but the minimum frame rate is much lower than before and this making the sim stutter. For example, sitting at LAX before SP1 installed it would vary from 34-40 fps sitting on the runway and after I installed SP1 it varies from 9-58 fps at the same spot which is probably why the frame rate counter from ATI Tray Tools displays a little lower number than before SP1 installed. Also if I slew to around 5-10 miles northeast of Long Beach Airport in California and face Long Beach Airport, I get major stutters. For example, 44 fps then 2.9 fps then 38 fps then 4.9 fps and the only way to get around this problem for me is to disable ground shadows or change the time of day in the sim if I want to keep the shadows on. I didn't have that problem before SP1 was installed, at least not in the Los Angeles area. Is there a tweak that I need to do to fix this stuttering problem with shadows on? I'm using an X1900XTX video card and run the sim at 1600x1200x32 AA on, AF on. Additional hardware used are E6700 C2D, and 2GB DDR2 800.