Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

Still getting low resolution graphics effects after flying for a while or changing areas.regardsNoboru

Guest ChuckFS_49

No CD is necessary. They've taken care of the anti-piracy issue in a different fashion.

Guest jmarcure

Why is it so hard?It installed perfectly when it first came out.I was a good boy and uninstalled for SP1.Now I get trash.First thing is something about c++ 2005 files that need to be installed so I go to Microsoft and get the installer. Good move? NO. It doesn

Guest Len

Definite FPS improvement. However, I reinstalled MyTrafficX and now I can't get any traffic. Nada. What's up?

Guest skyhawk21

REASON: phil and aces had there butt kissed while it took them 8 months to create a patch. they made the fps shoot up. GOOD JOB... but now there are bugs there like i posted in another thread.. that are show stopper bugs that make the realism of FSX trash. im happy for the 20% increase in FPS.. but a 747 falling out of the sky on takeoff... when in fullscreen mode with no VC(virtual cockpit) or 2d cockpit showing and you view all other views you see VC mode of views. its a turnoff.. dont forget now that FSX crashes to the desktop without any warning now even if you have top of the line system and doesnt tell you what happened but asks you if you want to send a file system error report to microsoft click yes or no... it took 8 months for a patch and they screw up even more things that worked the first time around. its microsoft. they get paid big bucks to steal your money and then there not around after they release the patch that fixes so many things. OH YEAH active sky 6.5 is even more off with the weather settings it sends to the new FSUIPC 4.10 dll module fsx sp1 loads.... if they made it so active sky 6.5 and newer works pefect with FSX SP1 why is it in FSX SP1 the weather is way off now even more than it was before SP1..

Guest Dave Denhart

The log file uncompressed is rather large, and probably won't be allowed by most email systems. It is text, which is highly compressible. You can use the Windows built-in .zip compression to get it down to a much smaller size, which should let it be sent via email.Thanks,Dave

Guest Len

>Definite FPS improvement. However, I reinstalled MyTrafficX>and now I can't get any traffic. Nada. What's up?Ok. Fixed it. Forgot completely about manual setup necessary. Back to FPS. I would say at least a 30% improvement on my upper end single core system. This is with almost all scenery settings full right AND with mid range autogen in Seattle. A virtual impossibility before SP1. I think with the SP1 improvements there may now be room for some jet addons. I'm pleasantly surprised so far.P4 3.6 Ghz, HT, 2 gig ddr ram ATI X800XT PCIe 256 mb

>>AffinityMask=1>>Do you think that value has any effect on blurries on single>core not HT machines, as well?It would have no effect whatever. All it does is tell FSX to run only on vcpu0 and not try to spawn thread on vcpu1.FSX is not supposed to spawn threads on any single-core HT processor, but, since my experience demonstrates otherwise... :-eek

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Bill,>>I see where you do get "blurries" if you don't have this entry>in your cfg., are you combining this entry with a fiber>fraction setting and if so what are you using?fiber fraction remains a 0.33 (which is the default in any case. Lowering that to 0.15 in FSX RTM worked best, but ever since beta2 was released for testing, I've reset it to the default value.

Fr. Bill    

Hello,What is this, and how do I get rid of it.I'm running Windows XP PRO.System Specs:Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 | 2-XFX GEFORCE 8800 GTX XXX | 3VGA NForce 6801 SLI Motherboard | 4-Gig Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR Twin2X2048-9136C5D | Enermax Galaxy 1000w | 2 Western Digital 10,000rpm Raptor Sata hard drives (150Gig each) - (RAID0)| Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum | Asus DRW-0804P DVD-RW | Sony DRU-830A Dual Layer DVD Multi drive | Mitsumi 1.44MB 3.5" | Enermax Mid-Tower | Coolmaster Musketeer | Coolmaster Cool Drive 4 | Typhoon VXFSX1.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Jimbofly

You have to turn thermal visualisation off...James

That is the "thermal display." Turn it off using the Options - Settings - Display - Weather tab, Thermal Visualization.

Fr. Bill    

Guest Milamber

I had compressed it...It was only about 1.5 megs compressed. I resent it via hotmail and it seemed to go through, so it might have been something with my ISP server. Anyway you should get the file which was sent via my hotmail account with my name which is Christopher. I hope you can figure it out because I have tried everything I can think of to do. Uninstalled/reinstalled FSX several times, shut down all other programs, etc. Get the error everytime.Thanks,Chris