Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

This is a thread to post technical issues you are having with installing or running SP1. Please be as thorough as possible. Bashing, ranting, insulting or other useless acts don't go in here.General feedback goes in the other pinned thread.Please try to use this thread to collect data and help each other. If you don't want to help or be helped THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR YOU.

1st of all thumbs up to the Microsoft team - perhaps the odd technical issue aside - great patch :) - thanks - and FSX seems to be using 90% of both of my cores :)my frame rates have definately improved (overclocked Core2Duo) - but is anyone getting occassional quite major stutters - ie frame rates are improved but everyso often you get a big 1 second stutter like its trying to catch up ?ps - I have not done a clean-install - although I did not have much installed. The reason I haven't done a clean-install - for which you guys may help me -is that I can't uninstall FSX for some reason. I am on Vista and it doesn't show up in Programs and Features from control panel, so can't uninstall that way, checked the game folder, and doesn't seem to have its own uninstall executable - so any ideas please ? I can delete the FSX folder - but when I go to reinstall - because of the registry entries, files in user folders etc - it only gives me the option to repair the installation - fine -but keeps the original config files etc. Any ideas please ?cheers, Mark.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

FPS also increased massively here, but Im noticing a complete loss of all voices from my copilot and ATC...I have ATC and other traffic, but Im either deaf or everybody else is a mute...

Guest scotthendry

Hi All: I found major stutters also, They can be improved significantly with re-tweaking the sliders, but I still haven't completely eliminated them.

I noticed a small continual studder almost every 5-8 seconds or so. I checked filemon to make sure something wasn't amiss, but all's good. I put my fibre frame back to .33, but left texture bandwidth at 270. Soon as I switched to unlimited instead of locked (was 30), I can't notice the hesitation anymore.Garett

Guest Spud

I'm getting blurry screen in 2D. 3D VC is sharp.In 2D, when I click on a switch, or anything for that matter (say toggling on the GPS), the entire screen will go white for about 4 seconds, and then reappear with the GPS up (in this instance). Doesn't CTD...Overall, I can really tell a difference when flying in VC mode...very smooth...

mine went from 20fps to bout 25fps after SP1. Its better but I still can't run it with lots of trees. The trees I have seem to disappear while the game is running too. Why is FSX so slow compaired to other games. 25 fps is very poor for Core 2 Alienware 8800GTX computer.Do airport scenery now work with SP1. They say they have fixed problems beecause all the scanery I try didn't work in FSX & I want Flytampa scenery not Microsoft deserts.

Everyone with a texture bandwidth multi higher than 40 - revert back to this value and try it again. Heiko

Heikothanks - I hadn't even set the bandwith to 4000 (or was it 400) - but some 3rd party thing I'd installed must have.with it set to 40 - judders are MUCH less frequent - and improves things massively thanks

Guest s0436

I need a checklist, friends.Do we use Disk 1 rather than Disk 2 for simming now?I have changed the bandwidth mult to 40 - is that correct?I have a 1.83ghz, 1GB dual core, ATI radeon x1400 512mb graphics machine - the pre-sp1 fps was capped at 15fps, I prefer to cap, what increase would you suggest I should go up to now?I read something about night lights, what exactly is the fix for that, does it mean you can have cabin and logo lights external on default a/c?Thanks

I am getting SERIOUS blurrys. I mean the texture just do not load. I can fly around in circles over the same city block for two minutes and they do not load. I have deleted my FSX.cfg and it did not help.

Instant Scenery, from Flight1, causes the load of FSX/SP1 to fail with an error. As per Instant Scenery forum seems to be a real problem - sorry challenge, we do not have problems anymore.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

SP1 seems to be an improvement in several areas - frame rates and load times. However,FSX now switches from a nice clear resolution to a VERY blurred resolution when I add in a set of objects that caused NO problem prior to SP1. I had occasionally seen the automatic blurring before but very infrequently and usually when I was messing around with something. Now it is a big step backward for me. Texture bandwidth=40 Fibers=0.332ghz, 1gb memory, ATI 9800SE 128mbRegards,Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest s0436

So the SP1 has improved frame rates and loading considerably, has the sp1 also fixed the night lights texture for default a/c?Would you suggest with a 1.8ghz, 512mb graphics card and 1gb dual core ram that I have fps as "unlimited" or is it best capping it? I suppose the best test is Heathrow for fps, I'll do an experiment later on.And does the bandwidth mult have to be set to 40 in fsx.cfg in order to see these fps improvements?

Guest jcmckeown

I had a 128 MB video board with FSX RTM and got very regular blurries. I upgraded to a 512 MB board and that solved all the blurries issues.Now, I know this doesn't fix your issue but regardless of whether FSX is RTM or SP1 128 MB of video RAM just doesn't cut it. The minimum spec on the box says it works with 128 MB but it's just not realistic (as with all software).Given the work done on SP1 I'm not surprised you encounter different behaviour than RTM and view this may be viewed as a small regression.JCMK