Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

SolarEagle, i think your CPU is more than a bottle neck for your highly clocked GTX while running FSX... Heiko

Tom,Thanks for the answer. It's new system, so I don't have any tweaks at the moment - the Buffer pool is set to default. Anyway - I'm going to try it again, - this time with a default aircraft - there are a lot of reasons, why this would happen.

It was available here:http://www.fox-fam.com/FSX/reduced_default.xml.zipTry it and see if it suits your needs; I believe this file reduces the number of variations of different items like gas stations, towers, etc. to 1 of each. There are a couple of other tweaked default.xml files available also, but I personally think this one is best. I'm going to give this a go with SP1 later today and observe the results on FPS; if I don't notice the difference in autogen types that much and it lets me bump up AI aircraft traffic some more then I will use it as I have before SP1. As for the autogendescriptions.spb file it has been split into 3 separate files vs. 1 pre SP1, and I'm not sure what that means yet, so until more info comes out on that I will keep the 3 files as is for the time being.Hope this helps.

Ken

>Hope this helps.It sure does, Ken. Much appreciated. I'm using pre-SP1 Mat Fox's autogendescriptions, new TreeX, reduced Clouds and together they give me significant boost with demanding ES's BJ400A/HAWKERS 1.5 FSX. Still thinking to try out the new SP1 tweak:<<[sCENERY]SmallPartRejectRadius=The default is 1.0 (i.e. 1 pixel). 2, and 4 are the next 2 settings we advise. Can significantly improve performance but may cause

Guest fireflyfx

Re-installing SP1 makes the crackly audio go away and FSX work properly again. Sooner or later however, it will crash again and the cycle starts over.This is the error message:AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61355.0 ModName: ntdll.dllModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001010Anyone know how to resolve this?

Guest radivil

I was flying into Tampa after a very long flight from Princess Juliana (3.8 hours, 1.4 hours longer than the navlog projected!) in my trusty A321. While zeroing in on my final approach at Tampa, I switched over to the VC (learning to land from in there). My frame rate dropped to 2.4 and it was probably actually slower than that. More like 2.4 seconds per frame. I had plenty of time to see that 2.4 up there in the corner of my screen. For whatever reason, I mashed the button that switched me back to spot view. There was no delay at all and my frame rate rocketed up to 25+. I cycled back to the VC and again it fell, but also jumped back to spot with no delay and a massive frame rate increase. Has anyone else encountered a huge hit when using the VC like that? This was the first time it's happened to me and I've flown into Reagan and Atlanta today, but with a different plane (CRJ700). All three flights have used real world weather, to eliminate that as a possible wrench in the machinery.

Guest mimarsinan

There seems to be a bug with this build...could you please confirm or deny?I use 2-D cockpits and when flying I often press the W key to hide all the instrument panels, then use the numeric keypad arrow buttons with Numlock turned on to look around (ex: behind me) when I am flying (ex: taking off, to get a nice view of the runway). This used to work but now I just see the 2-D plane cockpit itself, even when no instrument panels are showing (hidden with the W key).Is there a workaround for this? I uninstalled the patch and it started working again. I reinstalled the patch and it stopped working again. So, please advise.It does seem to be a patch issue, which is a shame, because except for increased blurries, the patch does seem to make the game run smoother.

Guest cwright

When I first tried SP1 I was happy to see a 28% average frame rate increase (mine's a single core P4). But now I'm not so impressed. People will immediately see the frame rate increase, but the cost may be reduced texture performance. Many people have reported blurred textures, so there is a pattern.After installing SP1 I started to realise I was seeing more blurred textures. Before SP1 I would occasionally see blurred textures but they would usually snap back to full resolution fairly quickly. This isn't happening with SP1 and identical settings. Now it's quite rare to see the textures snapping back.I increased the fiber setting from 0.2 to the default 0.33. There was very little improvement with the textures but there was a measurable fall in frame rates. I will try increasing the fiber setting, but I have a nasty feeling that if I achieve the same (pre-SP1) texture performance I will also have the same frame rates.If I were a cynic - which thankfully I'm not - I might think that Microsoft had achieved the frame rate increases primarily by slowing down the textures.Best regards, Chris

I might think>that Microsoft had achieved the frame rate increases primarily>by slowing down the textures.>Lol, I wonder if Microsoft remember they have Aces Studios, let alone slowing down the textures.

>thats the 2nd report of that weather issue, I have sent it>around to investigate.>Yes I can confirm that I now get this message when my Internet Connection drops ou... goes away when the connection comes back up (ADSL)Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

>If I were a cynic - which thankfully I'm not - I might think>that Microsoft had achieved the frame rate increases primarily>by slowing down the textures.>You know I was starting to think that too, at least in a non-conspiratorial way. I have noticed a definite decrease in the quality and loading of textures since sp1 which would account for the increase in frame rate. The LOD distance is also greatly reduced compared to pre-sp1. I don't know what's going on but I hope we get to the bottom of it soon.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

From Phil's Blog entry...There is additional code to reduce blurries. If you get random texture tiles that appear in a solid color this may help.In some cases, the textures generated from this code can get throttled and will be timed out. The time out config value is[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=The default is 30 frames.__________________________________________________________I was wondering what the effect would be if either raising or lowering this number. Anyone try it out?Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest triangle

ATC seems kaput for me post-SP1 (clean install). Either there are no voices or the controller just repeats a few words from the overall instruction several times and then stops.Triangle

Guest son1cm

>>Hi,>>>>While installing SP1 I get the following error:>>>>Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of the>>assembly>>"Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.publickeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",>>version="10.0.61242.0", type="win32",>>processor/architecture="x86".>>>>Please refer to help and support for more information.>>>>It then rolls back the installation, has anyone got any>ideas>>on what this is and how I can solve the problem?>>>>Thanks inadvance.>>I had the same problem and fixed it by turning off AdWatch. I>found the solution by Googling error 1935.>>Good luck>>NormDoes anyone else have any idea what this error can mean, I have tried everything. Stopping services, boot items, safe mode, disable AV/FWall and spyware things... tried the msxml but they don't seem to work with Vista X64 and it won't let me uninstall the framework 2 as I have also seen suggested as its part of Vista!Can anyone else throw some light on this for me as I am still unable to install the patch!ThanksMike

Guest bass299

I also have a problem (flying 737-800) of extremely low fps in the VC. 8fps, with partial clouds whilst over open water (2.x low). Switch to outside: 42fps! Rampant blurries also. Same (medium) settings I used to use pre sp1... It's all too depressing.My spec: A64 3500+, 1 Gb, 256Mb x800xtpe.