Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Yes I had this problem also.The procedure is you should start again. Delete FSX using uninstall.Now install fsx AND all your tweaks and addons BEFORE loading up SP1.You will find the Runway lights tweak should work.This procedure has been recommended by Phil Taylor also.Re WOZ

Guest AirPierre

>Yes I had this problem also.>>The procedure is you should start again. Delete FSX using>uninstall.>>Now install fsx AND all your tweaks and addons BEFORE loading>up SP1.>You will find the Runway lights tweak should work.>>This procedure has been recommended by Phil Taylor also.>>Re WOZThanks for that.A small contradiction here I feel. Everything I have read says you must have a 'clean' install of FSX on which to run SP1 - now we are being told to install 'tweaks' first??btw, I did have my runway lights before SP1 and they went out after SP1 install - they came back when I uninstalled SP1 :)Also, the theory sounds good but what about the product activation? I have used my two 'lives' already!So many parameters - they all seem to be cancelling each other out {lol}

>and Vista, and many combinations thereof, I don't see how it>could be anything other than an FSX issue. It's the FSX's tradeoff between quality vs. performance I'm afraid.

Guest Wise22

>Is anyone having an issue with FSX shutting off your computer>completely? No CTD, just a non provoked, no warning shut off?> It's happened to me almost every time I've loaded FSX SP1. >It happens after I've taken off and am about 15-20 minutes>into flying. I'm running XP SP2 on an AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.10>GHz processor with 1GB RAM and an NVidia GeForce 6800XT 256MB>graphics card. Any ideas? And no I'm not about to reformat>my entire drive for this.Holy crap, so that's what happened - just an hour ago, on final, the computer just completely shut down on it's own... I thought maybe a cat had run behind it and knocked something loose; but not likely..I've only run SP1 about a half-dozen times since it's been out and it's never happened before. Agreed, if it happens again, SP1's gone on my machine...

Guest juan_v

Check CPU temperature, FSX SP1 runs hot.... will shutdown if CPU over heated....

>Check CPU temperature, FSX SP1 runs hot.... will shutdown if>CPU over heated....OK, I feel so much better that I'm not the only one. It has been hot here in So Cal so that may be it... I'll look into this. The only variable is that it only started happening when SP1 was installed. Never had this happen with plan ol' FSX, though I'm trying to remember if I've used FSX since I moved to my new place. Still, I'll look into it.

>>Yes I had this problem also.>>>>The procedure is you should start again. Delete FSX using>>uninstall.>>>>Now install fsx AND all your tweaks and addons BEFORE>loading>>up SP1.>>You will find the Runway lights tweak should work.>>>>This procedure has been recommended by Phil Taylor also.>>>>Re WOZ>>Thanks for that.>>A small contradiction here I feel. Everything I have read says>you must have a 'clean' install of FSX on which to run SP1 ->now we are being told to install 'tweaks' first??>>btw, I did have my runway lights before SP1 and they went out>after SP1 install - they came back when I uninstalled SP1 :)>>Also, the theory sounds good but what about the product>activation? I have used my two 'lives' already!>>So many parameters - they all seem to be cancelling each other>out {lol}You shouldn't have a problem with activation, because you haven't changed hardware. I've installed on the same system now 4 times, no problem!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>Check CPU temperature, FSX SP1 runs hot.... will shutdown if>CPU over heated....OK, I don't think it's the CPU heating up. It's been cool at night and it still shuts down. The only variable is that this started happening AFTER SP1 was installed. I did a clean install of FSX then SP1 and it's still happening. Anyone else having this problem?

Guest son1cm

Hi,Don't know what happened but I tried to install SP1 again yesterday and it went on without any trouble, don't know what I did but it works now?Only problem is it crashes sometimes when downloading weather but the frame rates have gone though the roof, now all I need is CH to bring out vista x64 drivers for their pro-pedals and I'll be fine (I can't calibrate them using vista drivers as the breaks are always on!).Thanks for all the help.Mike

Guest jaapverduijn

That's good to hear! Don't worry about the real weather problems: they're not on your rig but on the server side: there's a thread about it in this forum somewhere. "They" will solve it, eventually.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest craig1998

long thread! holy cow! hope aces team reads this.how about release a sim that requires no tweaks from user end.or even better, a program that can test out the sim and see which settings work best for your rigs performance.oh and why am I still getting the stutters with sliders to the left? Im sure my amd x2 5000+ 2gb ocz pc2 memory and nvidia 7900GT 512mb is more than capable to handle almost no textures!

Guest phogarty

HiI am having the strangest problem with FSX and SP! in that none of the aircraft display correctly, im not talking blurries etc..but im talking wings facing sideways and wheels on top on the fuselage etc!! its really strange and has only happened since installing SP1. I did a clean install of FSX and then installed SP1 with no 3rd party software at all.I have AMD 4200+ x 2 and 1.5GB Ram and ATI X800GTO.Doesnt seem to stutter etc.. but looks really silly.Any help would be appreciated!

>Hi>>I am having the strangest problem with FSX and SP! in that>none of the aircraft display correctly, im not talking>blurries etc..but im talking wings facing sideways and wheels>on top on the fuselage etc!! its really strange and has only>happened since installing SP1. I did a clean install of FSX>and then installed SP1 with no 3rd party software at all.>I have AMD 4200+ x 2 and 1.5GB Ram and ATI X800GTO.>>Doesnt seem to stutter etc.. but looks really silly.>>Any help would be appreciated!Turn your monitor upside down...

Guest uncyden

Hi MikeI am also having problems with aqua-blue 2d blocks appearing over water at night that look similar to yours.They usually appear where their is light reflection on the water and autogenerate around plane area. I know you resolved yours but I have made no changes to the folder or file you mentioned. I installed sp1 over some minor tweaks in fsx.cfg(since reversed) and autogen (reduced trees. not reversed) files. Trying to avoid re-install as current config is all good. ANY IDEAS.I'm new to avsim so forgive and advise on protocol breaches.......Dennis

Guest uncyden

This attachment was meant to appear with last posting RE: aqua-blue patches on water.....Dennis