Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

SU8 Mid-Beta Update

1 hour ago, PlumCrazy said:

This one still makes little to no sense to me.  I would think the vast majority of VR users are using rudder pedals to control the rudders - not VR controllers and HOTAS devises.  I can't even imagine trying to control rudders with VR controllers...  But the statement from Asobo seems to indicate my rudders will eventually be default mapped to my HOTAS or VR controllers?...  Hopefully I am simply not understanding what they are "trying" to say.  All I REALLY want is for my rudder pedals (controlled by actual pedals!) to not auto-disable when my mouse is hovering over the ATC panel or Garmin avionics.

If you change the mapping to Left Rudder Pedal it works fine.  Not an ideal solution but works fine.  I was confused by this as well, hopefully just miscommunication.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 7:33 AM, SubtotalGuide said:

So, not that important?

Trying to fit a square peg (metar) in a round hole (forecast), of course it's going to be complex.

I think he said it's important...

Like you literally say the metar matching is complex, so is modeling weather accurately 😄 its a whole massive aspect of the sim that isn't fixed in one patch 😄

• Like 1

Do we have anyone on here that like me was experiencing constant ATC Azure disconnects and was forced to use the offline Windows voices instead? Did they finally fix this?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I saw a post on FB earlier saying this further  update is due to drop later today.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

I saw a post on FB earlier saying this further  update is due to drop later today.

...and on the official forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-new-beta-build-1-23-11-0/498970

Hello everyone,

Later today, we will be rolling out an updated build to everyone who manually opted in to the pre-release beta test on all three platforms: Xbox, MS Store, and Steam. The new build, version 1.23.11.0, contains several fixes to issues identified by you, the community testers. You can see the full release notes here:  Sim Update 8 Beta Version 1.23.11.0 [...]

• Like 5

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

selecting default sound device works now again without sacrificing 15 fps. 510 MB update 1.23.11.0 installed via the Microsoft store in a few seconds. I know I should have, "just to be safe" (TM), but I did not re-install windows, MSFS nor reformatted drive C. that was the most boring update procedure ever, I wish they will all be like this from here on. 😀

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I've never had to format or reinstall OS for an update in this sim ever...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Update is live. 510MB in the MS Store...

As a follow on to this: Be sure to download the additional 4.4GB from within the Content manager as well.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

8 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

As a follow on to this: Be sure to download the additional 4.4GB from within the Content manager as well.

What are you downloading from Content Manager? Looked there twice and nothing except the airports I previously deleted (KORD and KDEN.)

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

4 hours ago, AvAngel said:

I've never had to format or reinstall OS for an update in this sim ever...

me neither, my statement was not meant too serious, I am not a serious flight simmer (TM) 😊

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

21 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

What are you downloading from Content Manager? Looked there twice and nothing except the airports I previously deleted (KORD and KDEN.)

Deluxe and Premium (or whatever they called it) content

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.