Sign in to follow this  
badgenes

AIG: How many flight plans are recommended to install?

I haven't noticed this is tutorials, forgive me if I've missed it.  What do ya'll do in regard to installing flightplans?  How much is too much?

I have everyone single one installed. Folder is currently sitting at 37.5 GB.

Note though, the more you have installed, the longer it will take AIM to start.

• Like 2

Pretty much all of them. Whatever floats your boat!

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I had this question when discovering first AIG Manager.

My strategy at that very moment was to select the airlines that fly in my favorite airports.I found the list at the web site of these airports and patiently pick each of these from AIG Manager.

I second the previous post. AIG Manager took ages to start and update... and it's getting worst with the number of airlines/models installed.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

AIG Manager took ages to start and update... and it's getting worst with the number of airlines/models installed.

That being said, you don't have to run it very often. Start it up, then go get a coffee.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I have all available airlines installed and yes, it takes long to fire up and also all internal verification steps take long, if you have that many flightplans and models installed, but then, I want AI traffic wherever I go in the sim 😉 And as Dave said, fire up AIG AIM and off for a coffee, when you are back, you are ready to manipulate things.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I have all available airlines installed and yes, it takes long to fire up and also all internal verification steps take long, if you have that many flightplans and models installed, but then, I want AI traffic wherever I go in the sim 😉 And as Dave said, fire up AIG AIM and off for a coffee, when you are back, you are ready to manipulate things.

To add to that, if I remember the amount of time spent in doing all the updating myself in P3D, it saves me years of my life..... 🙂

• Like 2

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

That being said, you don't have to run it very often. Start it up, then go get a coffee.

I love to be sure that everything is up to date on my sim. As a lot of extra content could be responsible for whatever-crash. That's why I launch AIG Manager and run a verification setup often. Not to mention the airlines flighplans to be updated. Am I wrong to think that the only way to keep AIG, models, liveries and flight plans is to launch it which takes ages?

PS : I'm already dring to much coffee launching MSFS, the scenery editor, bulding package, testing in community, re-launching MSFS.. etc.. etc 😉

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I started with only the most popular airliners. When I checked the FP folder I was at 55. Now I'm 90. 😀

As I explore all the beautiful airports around the world and find empty ones, I'll download a few more. It does take a long time to load, verify & update, and some FPs take a while to download, but it's well worth it IMO.

BTW, don't forget to log into flightsim.com. The option to log in and stay logged in is not on the AIGM MSFS version.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm a bit confused. If you run Verify Setup doesn't it just install everything there is anyway?

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

but then, I want AI traffic wherever I go in the sim

I doubt you go all over the world at any given time. So why waste the space? I prefer to look up the traffic ofn the respective main hubs of countries I chose to fly in and download only those flightplans.

Even with that approach I have around 100 plans installed.

7 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

install the once you would like to have 😉

Wouldn't the number of flightplans/airlines installed also possibly affect the MSFS loading times?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Wouldn't the number of flightplans/airlines installed also possibly affect the MSFS loading times?.

I don't see much difference. Too many mods do affect sim loading times.

One way to choose Airliners/FPs to download is I visit flightaware. I go to the map in a specific region and click on the aircraft to see what airliners serve the airports. Pretty cool!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

I doubt you go all over the world at any given time. So why waste the space? I prefer to look up the traffic ofn the respective main hubs of countries I chose to fly in and download only those flightplans.

Of course I do not, but what do I care about some gigabytes of space? I have a 2TB SSD dedicated for MSFS, so I do not care if my AIG installation is 40GB or 20GB... Besides that, with your "approach", I would need to think about where I go flying, then fire up AIGAIM, select the correct airlines, install them and only then I can fire up the sim. Waaaay to cumbersome...

• Like 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS