Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

A320 Vspeeds and Flex temp Calculator

58 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Good tool for the FBW A32NX, particularly Flex temp for take off. Although only for the A320CFM it gives a close approximation for the CFM56 used on the Neo.

https://www.fstools.tech/

The A32NX uses LEAP engines.

• Like 5

FlyByWire Simulations

18 minutes ago, Watsi said:

Can't be far off though, can it?

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

4 hours ago, Watsi said:

"The Airbus A320neo family (neo for new engine option) is a development of the A320 family of narrow-body airliners produced by Airbus. ... Re-engined with CFM LEAP-1A or Pratt & Whitney PW1000G "

steve southey

I have been into this type of item for about a year now for MSFS 2020.  I will say that that I have had discussions with the FBW developers and they are aware of all the apps listed in this thread.  They have gone on to say that none of the available ones apply to their NEO, yes - the numbers will be off, sometimes as much as 8-14 knots.  But the larger issue is, there is no airbus product currently available for this sim where the flex temp input has any impact.  MSFS A320 certainly does not utilize it and the FBW product has sub coding for it so it is part of the their upcoming plans. 

The EasyJetSimPilot project listed above is intriguing, but unless you have a sim plane that will properly utilize the data it provides, I am not sure of its utility.

Fenix I suspect will have it on release but may come with its own V/Flex calculator.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

The questions is if it makes sense to look for a correct parameter in a system that doesn't simulate accurately the performance (at the moment).

Am I wrong?

For flybywire a320nx, I think that it is not simulated for performance calculation, at least for now, so no matter what number you enter that line, i always use 50 degree celcius... 

Edited by spitzer45
  • Like 1

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

It would be nice if FBW team can integrate such a calculator in the A320NX's EFB.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I wonder...

1. how real world pilots calculate all this?

2. IF real world pilots actually calculate all this?

3. what's the use of all this if the runways you take off from or land on usually are long enough?

I understand the eagerness for realism of some sim pilots but I personally always give full power at take off and never ran into problems doing so. 😉 The same goes for speeds: I simply accept the speeds the Airbus calculates and make sure I am going fast enough to not stall and that's it. Who cares about some 10 kts more or less. There is a limit to the realism I yearn for, I guess.

Edited by tup61

23 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I wonder...

1. how real world pilots calculate all this?

2. IF real world pilots actually calculate all this?

3. what's the use of all this if the runways you take off from or land on usually are long enough?

I understand the eagerness for realism of some sim pilots but I personally always give full power at take off and never ran into problems doing so. 😉 The same goes for speeds: I simply accept the speeds the Airbus calculates and make sure I am going fast enough to not stall and that's it. Who cares about some 10 kts more or less. There is a limit to the realism I yearn for, I guess.

Real world pilots are using some programs at their efb's for take off performance calculations. 

Edited by spitzer45

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

..and the use of this is material conservation. Higher flex temps means less takeoff power, means less demand on the engines, means less cost for the airline.

And: at least in experimental (I believe in dev too) we did some work on the flx temp settings recently. It's still not perfect but it is getting there.

FlyByWire Simulations

2 minutes ago, Watsi said:

..and the use of this is material conservation. Higher flex temps means less takeoff power, means less demand on the engines, means less cost for the airline.

Thanks for that. I thought it mainly had to do with the fuel use. Still, cost is of no importance to me so... I am fine without these calculators. Although if a good one would be added to the FBW somehow I might use it just for realism sake. 😉

• Like 1