Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Microsoft Flight Simulator arrives on Xbox Cloud Gaming

7 hours ago, Maxis said:

Interesting to see how this works in practice. 

1 Title serving the following:

Cloud streamed delivered Players

Xbox Players 

PC Only Players

Good luck to the developers. They need success in the market and resulting  revenue to keep this venture going. 

Cloud wouldn't really be a new platform to manage from Asobo's side of things, because it's just Xbox Series X hardware.  The Series X was engineered with a split-motherboard design in part to make it easy to fit several of them into a single server blade in their Azure datacenters.

This is a 100% win from my perspective.  People with dusty old Xbox Ones can play Flight Sim, as can people with underpowered PCs now.  The more the merrier.  And a flight sim would likely be a good thing to play in the cloud, since it's not super "twitchy" like a FPS where a bit of input latency can immediately make it feel awful.

Interesting experience.

You're not allowed to choose any graphics settings, and what the resolution is is anyone's guess.

You also can't use your mouse, only a controller, so now I guess we know what that funky new control scheme was/is all about.

Seems to be photogrammetry only?

I would say its probably running on medium settings, lots of nice pop-in, and a noticeable bit of sluggishness.

Still if you have no computer, or your rig is a potato, this could be just the thing.....

CPCL9N.jpg

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Very incredible!!!

This opens the doors of the simulations to a huge number of people even tough the limitations.
This technology could be the future.

The limitations of this system are (in order):
-  you cannot buy the game stand alone, but you need a monthly sub. Not convenient if you play with a game only.
-  no possibility to apply any mod.

7 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

You're not allowed to choose any graphics settings, and what the resolution is is anyone's guess.

The official post says it goes up to 1080p and 30 FPS. If it's indeed Medium settings, it is something that a GTX 1650-class GPU can handle. Sounds like it is running at the Series S specification (and in the official forums it was clarified that the Xbox build is being used, so the same limitations apply).

14 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Technology at its finest. However, since this is streamed, I would be curious to see how much lag would be

Also curious to see if this will impact the bandwidth for PC users, if they'll be using the same servers from now on.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I think this can only be a good thing. The more folk encouraged to fly in MSFS can only be good for it's future. Amasing to see how tech is devloping, who knows maybe in a few years or more you wont need that flash GPU, or neeed gigs of storage space as the Sim/Game will be cloud based in total.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I gave my son and his two daughters an old PC with a AMD A6 7400K and a cheap 1GB graphic card with 8Gig of ram.  He's running all types of cloud games on it with the MS Game-Pass(GP) and they run very well and looks great on his flat screen TV.  I've tried the MLB Baseball The Show 21 since it is available on GP Cloud and it ran flawlessly with no issues.  I tried to run MS GP "Cloud Gaming" on my PC with the same game, my pc is ok, I9 9990K with a GTX1080Ti 32GIGS SSD HD and the cloud games ran like a word not allowed!. Very slow and choppy with screen tearing...

The trick to it is obviously FAST internet speed and bandwidth and if you got the speed you are good to go no matter what PC you have.  You are running their Monster PC via the cloud so a very fast internet is needed no question.   My son has 1200 Mbps Xfinity Cable internet and I am still running the crappy AT&T DSL @ 25 Mbps ......lol  Hey, it's still good for me but time to upgrade I say...No Fiber Internet yet in my area. 

This is great technology I must admit ..

• Like 1

Arriving on the XBOX app on your smart TV in the future no need for a PC or Game Console and no downloading just a subscription like Netflix. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

Very incredible!!!

This opens the doors of the simulations to a huge number of people even tough the limitations.
This technology could be the future.

The limitations of this system are (in order):
-  you cannot buy the game stand alone, but you need a monthly sub. Not convenient if you play with a game only.
-  no possibility to apply any mod.

I Add the impossibility to use the mouse. For a sim it's a disaster. This is a huge problem.