Sign in to follow this  
Muklum

Is Anyone NOT getting blurries with SP-1?

Not sure PerfBucket=70 adds any value. PerfBucket=7 was the default/original value.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest unitedpilot36

It seems like those of us with single core amd chips have it the worst. The fps increase is excellent but these blurries murder the experience.

Guest Robin R.

Yeah good call, some images would help as it does seem the definition of blurries varies from person to person.

Guest Robin R.

I'd definitely consider that a NICE clear (non-blurry) image even with the JPG compression.Any chance we could get your specific detail settings?Thanks, Robin.

Guest Robin R.

Excellent, thank you! I will go over these tonight/weekend.Robin.

I've only started experimenting with SP1 last night, but so far no blurries here :) and this is with a less than stellar computer.P4 O/C to 3.5 GHZ1GB DDR PC3200 RamGS7800 AGP graphics cardRegards,Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Guest Robin R.

I'm getting considerably worse blurries than that, will post a pic tonight (at work right now).

Guest Robin R.

I'm running dual core X6800 and I've got the blurries worse than most it seems. Not sure this is specific to single or multi-CPU.

>My definition of The Blurries:>>Takeoff, increase speed to cruise at around 3000ft, 150-170>kts>>Here's some shots....unlimited FPS is worse, well, better FPS,>but textures never catch up all the way....if you look for myEveryone will have blurries whatever system they have... or they don't have a clue what they are just be honest...Only it depends on the lod radius/altitude/speed etc... where theyoccur...Andr

André

Guest Robin R.

Sorry, don't really understand your response?Robin.

Okay you definitely have a tiling issue, with FSX making the final pass only overtiles close to the aircraft.I assume you have not been panning while taking the screen shots but leaving your view angle stable.Take the Water Effects down to Low 2.x. That still gives you reflections but avoids another whole screen pass.What is your view distance - it should be limited to 60 miles - the lowest setting.One problem FS has, will always have, is that it can be in situations where it is trying to push more data through the buss than the bandwidth can handle.Every computer is going to have a choke point which limits performance, be it CPU or GPU or RAM or VideoRAM or Virtual Memory or HD access speed or the Buss.The key to happiness is to find a setting which balances your system so that everything can run near maximum.

Guest SteveD

See post #14 above.

>>This could totally be hardware though (and most likely is) my>poor old 3700+ single core can't keep ujp with the the big>boys hehe>>I'll post some shots of examples tommorow maybe off to work!>boohooNo it's not that, because my 3700+ is keeping up fine with the big dogs;I could probably use 512+ graphics mem though.I need to fly more and test. I have not had time to do much with FS lately except put Sp1 on and fly 1 short 30 minute flight.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB