Sign in to follow this  
ega

Help on reinstalling MSFS

I had some windows 10 problems and by consequence I unsintalled MSFS and reinstalled W10. When I try now to reinstall MSFS I get many problems and after 3 days trying and applying all the fixes I can find I cannot install it.

I use MSstore version. It is in my library. I select MicrosoftFlight Simulator Premium DeLuxe edition to install from Xbox. I see 1.2 GB downloada but it gives error code 0x803fb107   saying "One or more items in this bundle didn]t install yet. We will keep trying. You can also try installing them from Downloads and updates".

I had reset windows store, run the powershell commands, I created a new windows user and tried  to install MSFS from here, but nothing works.  I´m lost!!

Can anyone please guide me to get a sucessfull MSFS installation?

Thanks!    

Edmundo Azevedo

13 minutes ago, ega said:

I had some windows 10 problems and by consequence I unsintalled MSFS and reinstalled W10. When I try now to reinstall MSFS I get many problems and after 3 days trying and applying all the fixes I can find I cannot install it.

I use MSstore version. It is in my library. I select MicrosoftFlight Simulator Premium DeLuxe edition to install from Xbox. I see 1.2 GB downloada but it gives error code 0x803fb107   saying "One or more items in this bundle didn]t install yet. We will keep trying. You can also try installing them from Downloads and updates".

I had reset windows store, run the powershell commands, I created a new windows user and tried  to install MSFS from here, but nothing works.  I´m lost!!

Thanks!    

You should try contacting MSFS support: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I did! But their answer is an automatic answer and I have already performed all the steps they suggested. 

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, ega said:

Thanks!    

Try logging back into your original account for xbox/microsoft thats connected to the sim Then installing flightsim standard where youll see a down arrow with 2 next to it. then click update a couple of times until till it says 3 and finds the directx runtime libraries. Let the store update all apps and finally run the sim where in content manager youll see the 2 premium contents that need to be installed to bring the sim up to deluxe.

If this doesnt work uninstall any old 1.27g installer or do that first then try the above.

Hope this may help.

Edited by 40track

40 minutes ago, 40track said:

Try logging back into your original account for xbox/microsoft thats connected to the sim Then installing flightsim standard where youll see a down arrow with 2 next to it. then click update a couple of times until till it says 3 and finds the directx runtime libraries. Let the store update all apps and finally run the sim where in content manager youll see the 2 premium contents that need to be installed to bring the sim up to deluxe.

If this doesnt work uninstall any old 1.27g installer or do that first then try the above.

Hope this may help.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated. 

I don´t get what you describe (MSStore has changed a bit). To install the Standard version (I see this, de DeLuxe Premium and Digital Ownership in my library of MSStore) I have to use Xbox. It opens and there is large green button that says "INSTALL You own this". I click it and get an error. So I cannot install neither version!

Please see the error here:

https://umc3x8.s.cld.pt

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

1 hour ago, ega said:

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated. 

I don´t get what you describe (MSStore has changed a bit). To install the Standard version (I see this, de DeLuxe Premium and Digital Ownership in my library of MSStore) I have to use Xbox. It opens and there is large green button that says "INSTALL You own this". I click it and get an error. So I cannot install neither version!

Please see the error here:

https://umc3x8.s.cld.pt

Ok why do you have to use the xbox installer? close it if open. then go too add remove and remove deluxe premium and digital ownership and uninstall them and reboot then goto msstore and find flightsim standard then click on it making sure you see 2 arrow top right and click on the number then click update till you see 3 arrow down which is the directx runtime.

Ok if this works can you let me know.

Edited by 40track
Edited

Edmundo, Olá !

Se quer posso tentar ajudar em "bom" Português 😉

Envie uma mensagem privada aqui no AVSIM.

Felicidades !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

5 hours ago, ega said:

I use MSstore version.

of course you do, because if you had the steam version this thread wouldnt exist.  not your fault but just embarrassing for ms

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

3 hours ago, 40track said:

Ok why do you have to use the xbox installer? close it if open. then go too add remove and remove deluxe premium and digital ownership and uninstall them and reboot then goto msstore and find flightsim standard then click on it making sure you see 2 arrow top right and click on the number then click update till you see 3 arrow down which is the directx runtime.

Ok if this works can you let me know.

The installation procedure has changed: now to install MSFS one has to go to MSStore that addresses the installation to XBox app  (I don´t have Xbox but the app is required for the MSFS installation!).  Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

1 hour ago, ega said:

The installation procedure has changed: now to install MSFS one has to go to MSStore that addresses the installation to XBox app  (I don´t have Xbox but the app is required for the MSFS installation!).  Thanks!

See below as correct info.

Edited by 40track
Info added later in post

6 hours ago, ega said:

Thanks!    

This may not help - but I have found that the only way I can successfully update MSFS nowadays is:

-Open and sign into my PC XBox App - but not attempt to do any updating on that...I just leave it open and logged in

- I then open and sign into the MS Store

- I go to the MS Store Library and click the MSFS update tag there.  This then generally downloads the relatively small (less than a Gb) update pack

- Once that completes, I go into MSFS itself and that finds the download update and triggers the full download, however many Gb that is.

I find that if I don't sign into the X-box App at all,  or if I do sign in to the X-box App and then try to click the MSFS Update directly from there, it gets into a right royal mess...every time...with all sorts of similar error messages.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the tip.

I don´t want to update MSFS but rather I do want to reinstall it. And this has to be done with MSStore/Xbox apps. When I click to install MSFS I get error code 0x80070424 and nothing is downloaded.

Edmundo Azevedo

They've changed some things with reinstall (I just did one yesterday and it is very different from the past).  In the Xbox app, go to settings and general and see where it is trying to install by default.  My install changed to C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\  Until I went into the settings, it was just trying to install to C:\ and didn't seem to work. Make sure that folder exists once it is set properly. 

Also make sure all old files are deleted out. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF