Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Just now, ryanbatc said:

Are the switch directions still reversed if you use the modern cockpit manipulation?  Forgot what it's called but I always set Legacy because I dislike he blue shading that pops up.

It's called LOCK interaction. Not sure if it's different or not I have to test it out

Here is my review video after watching it again I have to admit texture work in this aircraft is superb without compromising the sim  performance. A job well done there.

4 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I just tried Locked mode and the directions are reversed in that mode as well as Legacy.

Roger!  Thanks for checking

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Christoph3 said:

Hi there, first of all great job on this amazing plane.

Some bugs i found out:

1- There are no beacon lights, is this normal?

I think it is for the Ambassador, but the anti-collision lights are supposed to be wing-tip strobes, and I can’t currently see these working from the outside in the sim. 

Ahhh so the email was not exactly accurate about a new update. Very badly worded email or sent early in error.

From EGFF to YSSY

2 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

I think it is for the Ambassador, but the anti-collision lights are supposed to be wing-tip strobes, and I can’t currently see these working from the outside in the sim. 

The strobes are very dim during the day.  If you zoom in on the light you can see it strobin'.  They could be brighter I guess.

I have been enjoying the beta 414 for several days now. The interior is very good, and while worn, is very well modeled. I really like adjusting/tweaking the MP, prop speed, and mixture (I have not changed the auto mixture setting). It is very real to fly for me.

As such, I'm really glad I'm able to participate in the beta and provide some feedback.

I use the Honeycomb Alpha unit and found an issue with the battery and alternator switch.

If I switch the battery on in the VC, it will not actually power the plane until I also turn on the Alpha battery switch. So, both have to be ON.

I started the plane from cold and dark. I placed both alternator switches ON in the VC. About 5 minutes into my flight, I noticed LOW VOLTAGE from the annunciator...I quickly looked around the cockpit at the fuses, switches, etc., but could not find the reason for the LOW VOLTAGE warning. I decided to move on as I was in the clouds flying IFR.

Suddenly, I lost all lights, navigation, radios, etc. I found myself in a tough position with no battery power at all.

Long story short, it turns out, I also have to make sure the ALPHA alternator switch is also set...it does not match the VC alternator switch setting. Again, both the VC alternator and the Alpha alternator switch must be on.

After landing, restarting the sim (pressing the keyboard HOME button), I made sure the Alpha alternator switch was on, matching both VC alternator switches. All ran well after this.

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

5 hours ago, the_simpilot said:

For landing lights try to bind  Set Landing Lights it works for me, it does not retract though when turned off.

Hi there, i normally use the bind "Toggle Landing Lights" and it works on every plane, also the "auto pilot toggle master" does not do anything on this plane but works on other planes.

Best Regards,

6 hours ago, CIACowboy said:

So, when i fly this, the manifold pressure should change as I climb, but it does not...I set the throttles in climb from the runway and all the way up it remains the same. Mixture does not work correctly, but I understand that is an issue with Asobo and Microsoft, so not the plane's issue. There is a misspelled word in the checklist...Preflight page 7 Wing Flap area...

Manifold pressure will remain the same up until critical altitude due to the turbos. Critical altitude is like fl210 for these engines or about there.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

For those who posted about having an error when installing we are sorry for that. We find this happens to only a couple of users and we are not sure on why. The installer needs to talk to our server so we suspect this is being blocked. Or there is a temp file getting blocked that gets added to the windows temp folder. The error will post the name of this file.

Go here for another option.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/616945-flysimware-installer-error-help/

Edited by Flysimware

This is a fantastic plane and i´m sure is a great add to my hangar.

Unfortunately my time is very short and hope next weekend do deep investigation over this plane

I like to assign all the buttons so the plane is controlled outside and not by mouse.

The GTN750 look works good for a first impression, I use the PMS50

Could already assign lights, battery, generators, etc. So I can do a start up from my home cockpit

But I found is only possible program altitude with the mouse, the hardware I have not working and even with Air manager not possible.

There are any information about it, had someone also this issue?

next Issue: Whiskey Compass spinning while heading north. Was doing an FSE flight into KGWO, whiskey compass did a full 360 spin in one direction, then a full 360 spin back. Did this the entire time I was heading towards rwy 36 there. Tested elsewhere and the same behavior. Small banks going back and forth across N cause it to do the 360 spin

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

hey! bought it yesterday and really enjoy the aircraft, but I have a strange issue, maybe bug, what make it not really flyable for me.

after takeoff I set the AP and the plane start losing rpm's. slowly but surly, after ca 20-30min in flight it falls to around 1000rpm and of course the speed is falling also to 80knt. no matter what I do now or before, deactivate AP and give full throttle, play with mixtures or prop levers do not help to rise the rpm back. all power levers are tuned up to max. also when I land and turn of everything and try to restart the engines, im not able to bring back the rps to higher level like after first start. same when I use auto piloting mode from the fs. I use the Logitech x56 and never had same problem with other aircraft. also tried to change the bindings but no change.

can somebody help please, otherwise the beautiful plane makes no sense for me

thanks!

23 minutes ago, AlexAnders said:

hey! bought it yesterday and really enjoy the aircraft, but I have a strange issue, maybe bug, what make it not really flyable for me.

after takeoff I set the AP and the plane start losing rpm's. slowly but surly, after ca 20-30min in flight it falls to around 1000rpm and of course the speed is falling also to 80knt. no matter what I do now or before, deactivate AP and give full throttle, play with mixtures or prop levers do not help to rise the rpm back. all power levers are tuned up to max. also when I land and turn of everything and try to restart the engines, im not able to bring back the rps to higher level like after first start. same when I use auto piloting mode from the fs. I use the Logitech x56 and never had same problem with other aircraft. also tried to change the bindings but no change.

can somebody help please, otherwise the beautiful plane makes no sense for me

thanks!

Not had that issue once and been flying it since the day of release. Any of the warnings showing up on the left side? Maybe do a screenshot of the buttons you have enabled by your left leg as well. Sorry not much help but those are a good place to start for other more knowledgeable people to figure it out maybe.

From EGFF to YSSY