Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Question about the mixture levers.  It seems that the aircraft is now on automixture as my mixture levers appear to have no effect.  But also, when I start a flight on a runway the mixture levers are not all the way forward but are at a setting of about 4 (flying out of KDEN).  So if the engines are now using automixture is there any need to adjust the mixture levers and if not should they not be full forward when starting a flight on a runway?

Edited by jfwharton

Not sure if this has already been mentioned and can't find a reference in the manual to the Tablet Aircraft States being a work in progress but the Ready for Start / Ready for Take off don't seem to function for me in the Beta 1.2?

Cheers

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

Question about the mixture levers.  It seems that the aircraft is now on automixture as my mixture levers appear to have no effect.  But also, when I start a flight on a runway the mixture levers are not all the way forward but are at a setting of about 4 (flying out of KDEN).  So if the engines are now using automixture is there any need to adjust the mixture levers and if not should they not be full forward when starting a flight on a runway?

I haven’t used the latest update yet but I don’t quite understand why automixture has been added to make things ,more realistic’; it’s surely less realistic to have a piston prop whose mixture levers are essentially decorative? Can someon explain what the automixture thing is in aid of as I’m a tad confused.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

I haven’t used the latest update yet but I don’t quite understand why automixture has been added to make things ,more realistic’; it’s surely less realistic to have a piston prop whose mixture levers are essentially decorative? Can someon explain what the automixture thing is in aid of as I’m a tad confused.

Briefly, my understanding is that in a turbocharged aircraft the turbochargers essentially maintain a fairly constant air density for the engines up to the "critical altitude" so you do not have to constantly lean the mixture in a climb as you would with a conventional piston engine. Once you reach the critical altitude for the turbochagers (about 21,000ft for this C414) the turbochargers can no longer maintain a constant air density to the engines and you then have to start leaning the mixture.

In MSFS, Asobo has not modeled turbocharged engines, or at least not correctly, so in the turbocharged C414 you still have to lean the mixture as if the a/c was not turbocharged. Using the Sim's auto-mixture option is an attempt to model that the engines are turbocharged and constant mixture leaning is not necessary. Unfortunately, at this time there is just not a good solution to this "mixture" problem. Hopefully Asobo will make some turbocharged engine improvements in the future.

I have not flown a turbocharged a/c in real life, so perhaps some who has will comment here with better info.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Rudder Animation:

The only time the rudder visibly moves is when the aircraft is on the ground rolling.

Full stop on the ground- no movement.

In the air- no visible rudder movement but the yaw effects of of rudder inputs are seen.

Edited by skully

1 hour ago, skully said:

Rudder Animation:

The only time the rudder visibly moves is when the aircraft is on the ground rolling.

In the air- no visible rudder movement but the yaw effects of of rudder inputs are seen.

I did a flight to verify what you stated and sure enough the ailerons and elevator move in flight but not the rudder.  Also I started a flight on the runway at KDEN and one mixture lever, the left was full forward and the right lever was at setting 4.  They didn't used to do that, or at least I didn't notice it before this latest update.

Edited by jfwharton

Just now, jfwharton said:

I did a flight to verify what you stated and sure enough the ailerons and elevator move in flight but not the rudder.

Thanks for verifying JF!

I've got about 9 hours on the birds Hobbs meter now.

Nice to see it carried over the aircrafts hours from the previous version.

I can honestly say that the 414 is one of the coolest and most immersive birds I've ever had in my years of flight simming.

I'm hard pressed to think of another aircraft that has brought me this much enjoyment.

I have nothing but appreciation and respect for the developers and the efforts that was put into this fine aircraft.

You are welcome.  Right now I'm doing a test flight up to 29.000 feet to see if the mixture levers work at altitude.

Update.  I climbed to FL290 and noticed the fuel flow decreasing as I climbed but the mixture levers had no effect.  Also, I found the pressurization at that altitude can only maintain a cabin altitude of 11,500 feet and I get a cabin altitude warning.  

Edited by jfwharton

I had it up to 20,000 today and the mixture levers had no effect with auto mixture enabled or not enabled- it didn't make any difference.

Hi,

I'm trying to download the zip file after placed my order but without success.

I tried several times, the download ends but the size is different every time, 916MB, 924MB, 955MB etc... and when I unzip the file I got the message "bad zip header found".

Why?

thanks

ciao

Riccardo

I haven't had any issue with downloading from Flysimware.  The zip file is 1.13 G is size.  Are you using a download manager?  If so turn it off.

I just tried downloading the latest version again and did not have any issue.  It might have something to do with your location.  Flysimware is located in California as far as I know.

Edited by jfwharton

1 minute ago, jfwharton said:

I haven't had any issue with downloading from Flysimware.  The zip file is 1.13 G is size.  Are you using a download manager?  If so turn it off.

no, I just clicked the link in the store page of the site.

Just got this and very impressed!! 

Noticed a couple of things that I couldn't find already mentioned (apologies if I've missed them):

1) All the control surfaces don't move in external view (ailerons, elevator, rudder).

2) No brake animation of rudder pedals.

2 hours ago, skully said:

My understanding is even with the real plane, on the ground the rudder does not move if the plane is stationary because Cessna uses a bungee system between the rudder pedals and rudder.

Al