Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

9 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Just got this and very impressed!! 

Noticed a couple of things that I couldn't find already mentioned (apologies if I've missed them):

1) All the control surfaces don't move in external view (ailerons, elevator, rudder).

2) No brake animation of rudder pedals.

I'm not having the issue with the control surfaces except for the rudder.  It only moves when on the ground and the aircraft is moving.  That issue has been posted here before.

I just started a flight and for me the ailerons and elevator move even with no power on the aircraft.  You may need to check your settings.

Edited by jfwharton

3 minutes ago, ark said:

My understanding is even with the real plane, on the ground the rudder does not move if the plane is stationary because Cessna uses a bungee system between the rudder pedals and rudder.

Al

That would be nice to confirm.  If that is indeed the case, then the only issue is the rudder not moving once the aircraft is airborne.

28 minutes ago, skully said:

I had it up to 20,000 today and the mixture levers had no effect with auto mixture enabled or not enabled- it didn't make any difference.

FSW has set auto-mixture on (for the reasons I outlined about 12 posts above), which overrides the normal mixture control setting options.

Al

Edited by ark

7 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

That would be nice to confirm.  If that is indeed the case, then the only issue is the rudder not moving once the aircraft is airborne.

The owner of the plane has said both the rudder and nose wheel will not move/turn on the ground if the plane is not moving because of the bungee system.

Al

Edited by ark

33 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I'm not having the issue with the control surfaces except for the rudder.  It only moves when on the ground and the aircraft is moving.  That issue has been posted here before.

I just started a flight and for me the ailerons and elevator move even with no power on the aircraft.  You may need to check your settings.

I just started another flight (using Beta 1.2.0_hotfix).  When I'm in the cockpit looking out (cold and dark) I can see the ailerons and elevator moving correctly.  But when I go to external view the ailerons and elevator are definitely not moving.  What setting would cause that?

EDIT:  Same with engines running.

Edited by Sender46

23 minutes ago, ark said:

The owner of the plane has said both the rudder and nose wheel will not move/turn on the ground if the plane is not moving because of the bungee system.

Al

Thanks for the info sir.

I suspected that might be the case at full stop on the ground but indeed the rudder would need to move in flight.

Aircraft cold & dark parked, 15 kt wind and propellers running like crazy. Probably unrealistic windmilling. (using Beta 1.2.0_hotfix)

PDtBmF.jpg

Edited by Bachian
Adding version

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Installed the latest version - am I the only user whose interior bottom cabin disappears entirely and becomes transparent (allowing you to see the engines and wing on the opposite side) when in external view when zoomed out even a slight bit, only to have it become solid again when you zoom way in?

I have many other add on planes, none of them exhibit this behavior.

Other than that a very nice plane - but I wish the developers would fix this as it's driving me bonkers and it does not appear to be a setting or GPU issue (have tried two different computers and GPUs that I own with the same result).

1 hour ago, Sender46 said:

I just started another flight (using Beta 1.2.0_hotfix).  When I'm in the cockpit looking out (cold and dark) I can see the ailerons and elevator moving correctly.  But when I go to external view the ailerons and elevator are definitely not moving.  What setting would cause that?

EDIT:  Same with engines running.

I just started a new flight, cold and dark.  Moved my position to the passenger cabin and looked out the windows and can see the ailerons and elevator move.  I then hit the button on my controller to "toggle external view" which puts be behind the aircraft.  If I then move my controller I can see the ailerons and elevator move.  Which command are you using for your external view?

4 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

Installed the latest version - am I the only user whose interior bottom cabin disappears entirely and becomes transparent (allowing you to see the engines and wing on the opposite side) when in external view when zoomed out even a slight bit, only to have it become solid again when you zoom way in?

I have many other add on planes, none of them exhibit this behavior.

Other than that a very nice plane - but I wish the developers would fix this as it's driving me bonkers and it does not appear to be a setting or GPU issue (have tried two different computers and GPUs that I own with the same result).

Could you post a screenshot or describe exactly the steps to reproduce the issue?

On the preflight inspection order page in the tablet, section 7 skips the letter E and goes A, B, C, D, F.

I just started a flight at KDEN, late afternoon and noticed with the power off of the aircraft the fuel computer looks like it is on and in test mode.  Shouldn't the gauge be dark with the power off?

spacer.png

If I then turn on the battery switch it changes to what is shown below.  And if I turn off the battery switch it remains the same.

spacer.png

Edited by jfwharton

2 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

This bug has been fixed.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ark said:

Briefly, my understanding is that in a turbocharged aircraft the turbochargers essentially maintain a fairly constant air density for the engines up to the "critical altitude" so you do not have to constantly lean the mixture in a climb as you would with a conventional piston engine. Once you reach the critical altitude for the turbochagers (about 21,000ft for this C414) the turbochargers can no longer maintain a constant air density to the engines and you then have to start leaning the mixture.

In MSFS, Asobo has not modeled turbocharged engines, or at least not correctly, so in the turbocharged C414 you still have to lean the mixture as if the a/c was not turbocharged. Using the Sim's auto-mixture option is an attempt to model that the engines are turbocharged and constant mixture leaning is not necessary. Unfortunately, at this time there is just not a good solution to this "mixture" problem. Hopefully Asobo will make some turbocharged engine improvements in the future.

I have not flown a turbocharged a/c in real life, so perhaps some who has will comment here with better info.

Al

Hi.
You are correct in stating, that you dont't need to lean during climb. Actually a richer mixture is essential for cooling in thinner air with turbo engines. Whenever you set your cruise power setting however, leaning is still required (well recommendet at least). The same is true, if you're operating at lower altitudes below FL100. Down there the turbos wastegate would probably still be wide open and there would be little difference to a naturally aspirated engine.

The current behaviour of the Mixture levers as pure Fuel Cutoff switches seems to be wrong imo. Since they have a very long way to move, and you have EGT gauges it looks like you should be able to set them with great precision in order to get the most out of your fuel consumtion. Right now they have no effect whatsoever on either EGT or FF. I personally liked the behavior before the 1.2 update better, even if you had to lean during climb as for the sims limitations.

The POH also does a nice job explaining whats going on. Page 7-39 (71) onward.
https://hangar50.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Cessna-414-Chancellor-POH.pdf

Cheers