Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

1 hour ago, rondon9898 said:

Just using 1.3 now for the first time, and a couple of things:

fuel computer seems to be illuminated with battery off

There is alternator output shown on the ammeter even when engines are off but the alternator switches are on

Still the left engine off placard for the right engine fuel selector

And if from cold and dark you turn the battery on, the fuel computer turns on but if you then turn the battery off the fuel computer does not turn off.

spacer.pngOne thing I'd ask to consider...

The dev has really stepped up their game graphically.  It's much better than it was.  Except, I'd really think about doing some work on the engine nacelle.  Whenever I look out to my left...it just doesn't match the excellent quality elsewhere on the plane.

Edited by Gregg_Seipp

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On the GNS version when I switch on the audio for a NAV radio to monitor the ident I can hear the ident but there is also a strange noise/tone.  If I set the VOR frequency into NAV 2 and flip the switch to monitor the ident I can hear the ident on NAV 2 and do not hear the strange tone.

Edited by jfwharton

On the standard autopilot (GNS aircraft) I am having the following issue.  I set my altitude, say 10,000 ft and select arm.  Then I select ALT on the mode selector panel.  The aircraft climbs and captures 10,000 ft.  Then I want to climb to say 14,000 ft.  If I set 14,000 in the ALT ALERT and select ARM I am not able to increase the VVI.  I can't even decrease it with the autopilot.  I have to turn of the ALT ALERT and turn off ALT on the Mode Selector.  Wait a while.  Then set my VVI with the autopilot.  Once climbing then set ARM the ALT ALERT and select ALT on the Mode Selector.  Is this the way it is supposed to operate?

Update:  I just tried to change altitude again and now what I described above won't even work.  I have tried turning the autopilot off, wait a while, turn it back on and without setting the ALT ALERT or selecting ALT I am not able to climb or descent with the autopilot.  It will not respond.

Edited by jfwharton

2 hours ago, antonvs said:

the LOC and GS announcitators on the G605 remained white (should they not turn green)

No. The way it works is annunciations at the bottom of the screen are Armed, while annunciations at the top of the screen are Active.

Al

• Upvote 1

The 605 autopilot will not track VOR's using NAV.  You have to select NAV and then APP in order to track VORs.

Edited by jfwharton

14 hours ago, jfwharton said:

I just started a new flight, cold and dark.  Moved my position to the passenger cabin and looked out the windows and can see the ailerons and elevator move.  I then hit the button on my controller to "toggle external view" which puts be behind the aircraft.  If I then move my controller I can see the ailerons and elevator move.  Which command are you using for your external view?

AHA!!!  I've been using "Toggle Drone" for my external view.  I tried using "Toggle External View" instead and the control surfaces move correctly in that view as you say. 

But they don't in Drone View.  And they don't in Drone View with other aircraft too, which I haven't noticed before.  So it seems it's an MSFS issue, not an aircraft specific issue.

Thank you for the clue I needed to suss this out 🙂

9 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Is anyone else having issue with the 605 autopilot not capturing glide slope on an ILS?

Do you have the 1.3 version that was released a few hours ago?

Juan Ramos

1 minute ago, xender said:

Yes, installed 1.3 this morning and was testing it out.

Just now, xender said:

Is there a change log?  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just now, Gregg_Seipp said:

Is there a change log?  

1. Missing interior wall for the interior LOD2 model.

2. Beta_1.2_hotfix GFC600 got a ton of good fixes but we changed a single value that broke the ILS approach capture. This is now fixed. 

3. visor tooltip had displayed the wrong text.

4. Taxi light now turns off when gear is raised.

5. Elevator authority was improved for low speeds. So approach mode now can maintain pitch/GS as well.

6. Updated the fuel flow value.

7. Updated the stall behavior.

NOTE: You must close the cowl flaps at high altitude to maintain temps in the EGT to prevent loss of power.
NOTE: Beta_1.2_hotfix and higher now has automixture enabled for this aircraft without having to change the sims settings.

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

So is that saying that 1.3 broke the ILS approach?  If that's the case I wonder if I should just go back to version 1.2 until they get that fixed.

1 minute ago, jfwharton said:

So is that saying that 1.3 broke the ILS approach?  If that's the case I wonder if I should just go back to version 1.2 until they get that fixed.

2. Beta_1.2_hotfix GFC600 got a ton of good fixes but we changed a single value that broke the ILS approach capture. This is now fixed. 

I think that means that in 1.2 it was broken and now in 1.3 is fixed

Juan Ramos