Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Please fix the mixture levers when starting a flight from a runway.  Sometimes both are at setting 4 and other times one if full forward and another is at setting 4.

5 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Please fix the mixture levers when starting a flight from a runway.  Sometimes both are at setting 4 and other times one if full forward and another is at setting 4.

I've seen that also and one engine dies and has to be restarted.

Well the autopilot captured the glideslope on the ILS 16L at KDEN.  So maybe the issue with the ILS 08 at KPUB was a fluke.  I'll have to recheck that one.  But the autopilot did bring me in right of course on the ILS 16L.  Was not down the centerline.

I have been trying everything said here about the VOR issues.

I can't get it to work! I use heading until I get close to capture the VOR and then I set the NAV and it does show the "VOR annunciations but no cigar! So I tried heading, disconnect autopilot (APP) click NAV as I approach the VOR and activate the APP again, still no cigar!

Everything works great for ILS but VOR!!! I wish somebody could do a YouTube video about this aircraft and the GNS 750 and the 605!! Man I have been doing this for 40 years as a simmer so I know what I'm talking about. 

I have no issues when using this aircraft with the GNS530 liveries. Just the GTN750.

I'm on the 1.3 version and the PMS50 GTN750 Version 2.1.20.

You have to stay in HDG mode until the CDI comes off the wall.  Then select NAV and select APP.  That's what works for me.  But if you select NAV before the CDI starts to move it won't capture for some reason.  Hopefully this will get fixed so that NAV works for VOR navigation.

Edited by jfwharton

2 hours ago, jfwharton said:

On the standard autopilot (GNS aircraft) I am having the following issue.  I set my altitude, say 10,000 ft and select arm.  Then I select ALT on the mode selector panel.  The aircraft climbs and captures 10,000 ft.  Then I want to climb to say 14,000 ft.  If I set 14,000 in the ALT ALERT and select ARM I am not able to increase the VVI.  I can't even decrease it with the autopilot.  I have to turn of the ALT ALERT and turn off ALT on the Mode Selector.  Wait a while.  Then set my VVI with the autopilot.  Once climbing then set ARM the ALT ALERT and select ALT on the Mode Selector.  Is this the way it is supposed to operate?

Update:  I just tried to change altitude again and now what I described above won't even work.  I have tried turning the autopilot off, wait a while, turn it back on and without setting the ALT ALERT or selecting ALT I am not able to climb or descent with the autopilot.  It will not respond.

I also have these issues with the 530 livery.  First alt changes work, and not thereafter.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I tried the ILS 08 at KPUB twice more.  First took off from 08 and did a pattern flying out past the outer marker.  Turned oh HDG to intercept the localizer.  Switched to NAV and it captured the localizer.  Configured and when the glide slope marker descended selected APP and it flew the ILS correctly on centerline.  Took off again from 08 and put the ILS 08 ACZES transition into the GTN and started flying it in GPS mode.  It did OK and captured the localizer on GPS mode.  I switched to VLOC and selected NAV again.  Configured and selected APP.  It started flying the ILS OK initially but then started drifting right of course, not holding the localizer and lost the glideslope as well.  I did a touch and go and loaded the ILS 08 ACZES transition again into the GTN 750 and after takeoff turned toward the course and could not get the 605 autopilot to fly correctly.  I set the altitude and hit ARM.  The autopilot started climbing at excessively high rates.  I selected vs and set -3,000 fpm but it continues to climb.  I turned off the autopilot and manually leveled off and tried setting the altitude again and engaging the autopilot and it started the same thing all over again so I aborted the flight.  Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

Yes, installed 1.3 this morning and was testing it out.

ILS works for me.

Bert

So I understand, I'm alraidy on autopilot in heading mode, what then I disconnect first and then set NAV and then reconnect APP?

I tried different VOR with the same issues! Never had this issue with other aircraft just this one. The 605 is weird!

Believe me I have the correct frequencies in the GTN!

Got it!!! Have to use "approach" button!!!!!

Man that is not right!! Is it the GTN issue or the aircraft issue?

It should be "NAV" not "approach"!

31 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

ILS works for me.

Glad to hear it's working for you but it seems to be hit or miss for me.  I will fly some other aircraft so see how they behave compared to the 414 doing the same things I just did.

47 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I tried the ILS 08 at KPUB twice more.  First took off from 08 and did a pattern flying out past the outer marker.  Turned oh HDG to intercept the localizer.  Switched to NAV and it captured the localizer.  Configured and when the glide slope marker descended selected APP and it flew the ILS correctly on centerline.  Took off again from 08 and put the ILS 08 ACZES transition into the GTN and started flying it in GPS mode.  It did OK and captured the localizer on GPS mode.  I switched to VLOC and selected NAV again.  Configured and selected APP.  It started flying the ILS OK initially but then started drifting right of course, not holding the localizer and lost the glideslope as well.  I did a touch and go and loaded the ILS 08 ACZES transition again into the GTN 750 and after takeoff turned toward the course and could not get the 605 autopilot to fly correctly.  I set the altitude and hit ARM.  The autopilot started climbing at excessively high rates.  I selected vs and set -3,000 fpm but it continues to climb.  I turned off the autopilot and manually leveled off and tried setting the altitude again and engaging the autopilot and it started the same thing all over again so I aborted the flight.  Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

How are you finding the flight controls with 1.3? Lots of talk about the ineffective rudder sounds worrying.

9 minutes ago, rolly said:

Got it!!! Have to use "approach" button!!!!!

Man that is not right!! Is it the GTN issue or the aircraft issue?

It should be "NAV" not "approach"!

Yes it should be NAV and not APP but it's how it works for now until they get it fixed.

Just now, FLT_GND said:

How are you finding the flight controls with 1.3? Lots of talk about the ineffective rudder sounds worrying.

I'm still looking at that.  The elevator and ailerons seem to work the same for me.  I have noticed on some takeoffs I have to use a lot of rudder and others I don't.  So I'm still trying to figure it out.