Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

3 hours ago, jfwharton said:

In order to move the HSI compass card you have to flip the LH DG switch to UNSLAVED, then push in the right HSI knob and adjust the HSI.  If you then flip the LH DG switch back to NORM the HSI will slave again.

Got it.  Thanks for that.  Thanks also to Peter Clark for his reply.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sender46 said:

Before Beta 1.4.0 I could set the desired FPM in VS mode on the ground before activating the autopilot, to be ready for when I activated the autopilot it in the air.  Now with Beta 1.4.0 I can't set the FPM on the ground, even with the autopilot activated.  (Using PMS50 GTN 750)

EDIT:  Took off, AP on in VS mode, 1500 FPM climb set but VS mode not working.  HDG and ALT modes not working either 😞

HDG, ALT and VS now working correctly on the ground and in the air (with PMS50 GTN 750).

I couldn't find this mentioned before. On the RMI:

The functions of the NAV needle switch are reversed.  For position 1, the indication shown is RN and the needle is parked.  For position RN, the indication shown is 1 and the NAV1 frequency is received.

I can't find a manual for this instrument.  Can anybody enlighten me on what the RN position is for?

Edited by Sender46

Small bug i have found if any of the doors are open you dont get the door warn light on the panel

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 hours ago, skully said:

Hello Sonosusto, the scenery is EGSU Duxford UK

It's beyond excellent!

EGSU Duxford Airfield COMPLETE EDITION » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I'm a doofus. I already own this scenery hahaha.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

33 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

I couldn't find this mentioned before. On the RMI:

The functions of the NAV needle switch are reversed.  For position 1, the indication shown is RN and the needle is parked.  For position RN, the indication shown is 1 and the NAV1 frequency is received.

I can't find a manual for this instrument.  Can anybody enlighten me on what the RN position is for?

RN stands for RNAV. This was used with the old RNAV unit that is no longer in the aircraft. So RN is INOP. 

The RMI knob bug is known. However the N1, N2 that appears in the little window above the RMI knob is correct so you can go by that until the next update 

1 hour ago, ark said:

When using IAS it is particularly important that the plane be trimmed for the climb or descent before turning on IAS. 

Also, there are plans to update the IAS code. 

Al

One last comment on the IAS mode:

I'm on the current PMS50 GTN750 now, and still having the same results with the IAS mode. That being said, you are correct that it is a matter of trimming properly before switching to IAS mode. The mode works well enough if the plane is trimmed well for the desired speed already. Otherwise it will be much more likely to miss the capture. 

Thanks again.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:20 PM, Sender46 said:

I don't know if this means anything but:

Just had the heading bug and CDI go to 10 degree increments again.  I happened to change the NAV frequency from active to standby and back again.  And hey presto, immediately after that the heading bug and CDI were back to 1 degree increments again 🙂 .

I don't know if that gives a clue for a fix or not.  Will try that when it happens again.

P.S. Using Beta 1.3.2_Hotfix and the PMS50 GTN 750.

HSI (heading bug) 10 degree bug, PMS50 GTN750

Hey everyone, I have an update. I got the 10 degree bug again today and discovered something repeatable.

I decided to start messing with things to see if I could find the culprit. Finally I realized if I turned the Autopilot AND Flight Director off, I was back to 1 degree increments. I could then turn them both back on again and still have 1 degree increments. Then I re-enabled NAV mode (or HDG mode, either works) and still didn't reintroduce the bug. As soon as I turned ALT mode on, the bug was back immediately. 

Then I realized I can change altitude with the autopilot and not get the bug. It's only when I hit the capture arm button that the bug comes back! and sure enough I could toggle the 10 degree bug on and off with the little "alt alert arm" button while in VS mode. 

Not sure why sometimes I get the bug and other times I don't, but it does seem to be something to do with the Altitude capture (and hold) function. Hope this helps, and if anyone else gets the bug again, tell us if the same thing works for you.

• Like 1

BUG; When sun visors are down in VR they only show in external view in 2D Not in VRspacer.png

In 2D you see the down visors in external view = OK

spacer.png

In VR you don't see the down sun visors in external view = NOK

spacer.png

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

32 minutes ago, happydappyman said:

Then I realized I can change altitude with the autopilot and not get the bug. It's only when I hit the capture arm button that the bug comes back! and sure enough I could toggle the 10 degree bug on and off with the little "alt alert arm" button while in VS mode. 

Very interesting  -- I need to try that!

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

RN stands for RNAV. This was used with the old RNAV unit that is no longer in the aircraft. So RN is INOP. 

The RMI knob bug is known. However the N1, N2 that appears in the little window above the RMI knob is correct so you can go by that until the next update 

Thanks for that.

I would just add that I still see N1, N2 and RN in the window when the power is off.  I question whether that is correct, based on the attached pic in which there doesn't appear to be anything visible in the window with the power off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b81myii3o09fx6f/RMI.png?dl=0

Edited by Sender46
  • Like 1

Since today's Hotfix 1.41 she is seems twitchy  when flying  on autopilot....almost like the yaw damper isn't working.

Still seeking help with partial install.

It seems the installer is directing a folder to my chris\appdata\ temp. folder but the files within are not being extracted to the sim?

Not sure why they are being blocked or redirected then not installed.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

1 hour ago, SparkySven said:

BUG; When sun visors are down in VR they only show in external view in 2D Not in VRspacer.png

In 2D you see the down visors in external view = OK

spacer.png

In VR you don't see the down sun visors in external view = NOK

spacer.png

Using latest version 1.4.1 Hotfix

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam