Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

1 minute ago, ark said:

I think when you capture an altitude the armed light on the altitude alerter is suppose to go off. I don't fly the GNS model, but that is what happens in the other versions of the plane. I will check on this with Mark at FSW tonight and report back here on what I learn.

In the mean time, I think once you set a new altitude into the altitude alerter and arm it, if you then click the ALT button twice (i.e., off and then back on), you can then dial in a VS value. I just tried this "work-around" procedure and it works for me.

Al

Here is another observation with the GNS model.  I leveled off at 12,000 ft.  Then turned off the ALT ALERT and ALT.  Tried to change altitude using the autopilot and could not get the aircraft to climb or descend.  I then change the ALT ALERT to 16,000 ft and ARM it and select ALT and the aircraft starts to climb and I can adjust the VVI with the autopilot.

6 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Here is another observation with the GNS model.  I leveled off at 12,000 ft.  Then turned off the ALT ALERT and ALT.  Tried to change altitude using the autopilot and could not get the aircraft to climb or descend.  I then change the ALT ALERT to 16,000 ft and ARM it and select ALT and the aircraft starts to climb and I can adjust the VVI with the autopilot.

ALT has to be on to climb or descend using the autopilot. Unlike many other autopilots, there is no VS button with this autopilot, so in some sense the ALT button plays this role ( or so it seems to me ).

Al

Just now, ark said:

ALT has to be on to climb or descend using the autopilot. Unlike many other autopilots, there is no VS button with this autopilot, so in some sense the ALT button plays this role ( or so it seems to me ).

Al

OK, thank you for the information.  Just confirming the autopilot operating as it is supposed to.

Question about Emergency Oxygen.  During a short flight I depressurized the cabin at 16,000 feet and pulled the EMER OXY lever.  I could not see the oxygen level needle decreasing over time.

3 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Question about Emergency Oxygen.  During a short flight I depressurized the cabin at 16,000 feet and pulled the EMER OXY lever.  I could not see the oxygen level needle decreasing over time.

Sorry -- I have no idea if that has been implemented, or even it the sim supports that. Does that work in other aircraft?

Al

Edited by ark

1 minute ago, ark said:

Sorry -- I have no idea if that has been implemented.

Al

Well it was worth checking.

3 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Well it was worth checking.

I can ask about that. For it to be realistic the rate of O2 use would be a function of the number of souls on board I would think.

Al

11 minutes ago, DanBirasi said:

Also have the 10° bug on the hsi. Rudder authority still too low.

I find I have to use Auto-Rudder with the 414. Really smooths it out. I don't have to any other aircraft. In fact must disable for the FBW.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is modeled but flying the GNS model (will try with other models) the VOR/NAV2 deflection bars do now work when flying an ILS with the ILS frequency dialed in both NAV1 and NAV2.  The course deflection bar works when navigating a VOR. 

OK I take that back.  I interpreted the red GS and NAV indicators at it not working instead of indicating that a GS and NAV were.  However, further checking I discovered the following.  KEGE set ILS frequency 109.75 in NAV 1 and 2.  The deflection needles on the VOR/NAV2 indicator work and the RMI card has NAV 1 selected.  Change the ILS frequency in NAV1 and the deflection needles still work and the GS and NAV indicators still illuminate.  Change the ILS frequency in NAV2 and the GS and NAV indicators go out.

Nevermind.  Duh!  The indicator is for flying off of NAV2.  Apparently not enough coffee this morning.

Edited by jfwharton

9 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I find I have to use Auto-Rudder with the 414. Really smooths it out. I don't have to any other aircraft. In fact must disable for the FBW.

Thx for the reply, but i do not do anything that has "auto" involved, except for the autopilot and it would not change the fact, that the rudder authority is not sufficient for the 18-20 kts x-wind this aircraft can handle.

Edited by DanBirasi
typo

It seems logical and intuitive to me to expect the frequency tuning knobs on the right GTN750 to adjust the COM and NAV frequencies on that GTN750.  But the tuning knobs on the right GTN750 only adjust the COM and NAV frequencies on the left GTN750.  The COM and NAV frequencies on the right GTN750 can only be adjusted with the push button page. 

This is only with the PMS50 GTN750.  On the TDS GTNxi, each knob adjust the frequencies on it's own unit.

Is this a limitation of the PMS50 GTN750 when there are two of them?  Or is it fixable in the C414 coding?

Edited by Sender46

1 hour ago, ark said:

Al

I can climb and descend without touching ALT using the autopilot.  Starting in ROL/PIT, I select VS, the display changes to ROL/VS and the FPM, and I can climb or descend by dialling in the FPM,

If I then select HDG it displays HDG/VS and the FPM.  I can still climb or descend by adjusting the FPM.

Edited by Sender46

On 4/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, Sender46 said:

I'm synchronising the propeller RPMs manually by the gauges as close as I can (adjusting downwards as per the POH), then I switch on the PHASE switch and the PROP SYNC light illuminates.

Then I hear the noise of the propeller RPMs being slightly out of phase with each other, i.e slow increase and decrease of volume and vibration (which can get quite wearing on a long flight).  My understanding is that the PHASING knob should be adjusted to tune that out so that the propellers are accurately in phase with each other, with constant volume sound.

But my adjustment of the PHASING knob doesn't seem to make any difference.  Is this adjustment function actually modelled?  Or is it just the knob animation that is modelled, with no actual effect?  Is anybody seeing (hearing) this working?

For information see extract from the POH:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bw8wqmdl8vf8gx/Propeller Synchrophaser.png?dl=0

The phasing knob is not modeled.  As far as what you are reporting about the props sounding more out of phase with prop sync ON, a possible explanation is that the prop sounds are slightly out of phase by default.  i.e. When you are tweaking the RPMs manually you have synced the sounds but, the RPMs are not actually matched.  This was something that had to be done with FSX/P3D legacy sound packs to prevent weird artifacts resulting from having multiple instances of the same sound effect playing at once.  This trick theoretically should not be needed with Wwise sound packs but, as we know, many devs are still figuring out the new sound system in MSFS.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

It seems logical and intuitive to me to expect the frequency tuning knobs on the right GTN750 to adjust the COM and NAV frequencies on that GTN750.  But the tuning knobs on the right GTN750 only adjust the COM and NAV frequencies on the left GTN750.  The COM and NAV frequencies on the right GTN750 can only be adjusted with the push button page. 

This is only with the PMS50 GTN750.  On the TDS GTNxi, each knob adjust the frequencies on it's own unit.

Is this a limitation of the PMS50 GTN750 when there are two of them?  Or is it fixable in the C414 coding?

I was going to ask a similar question regarding the dual PMS50 GTN's. In P3D when I have dual GTN's using the Reality XP GTN 750s each is separate and completely functional but not so in this aircraft.  Is it a limitation of the PMS50 or does this have something to do with the way it is set up in this aircraft?  I't like the second GTN is only being used for COM2 and NAV2.  I can't test this anywhere as this is the only aircraft that I have which has dual PMS50 GTNs.

Edited by jfwharton