Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

This Static Aircraft norm at payware airports needs to go

Everyone has their personal preference... I don't think they'll stop making them, both camps like and dislike them.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can see why it can be annoying. Some of the payware and freeware airports with static aircraft are just bypassed by AIG. You don't really see them until they start taxing. Then you wonder...why did that Hawaiian Airlines turn into a Spirit Airlines right next to me?!?

No worries. I would prefer less static planes but it doesn't effect the sim experience overall.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Nope. They need to stay, as I like them. Maybe have an option to reduce density. 

Vatsim users are a small group of users. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Nope. They need to stay, as I like them. Maybe have an option to reduce density. 

Vatsim users are a small group of users. 

An option to turn them on/off would be the best.

Myself I use PSXT so do not want any static AC. Other not using this might want them.

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Another vote to get rid of them. Options are better. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

an option to turn off or on is good idea but i guess that option would only work for direct sales as the marketplace doesnt allow 2 versions of one addon, so i guess it would come down to how many sales is from direct users vs marketplace/xbox, as having a option to turn on and turn off would mean exporting 2 versions of the addon = more work

Edited by steve 86

I agree with someone earler who wrote museum static aircraft are fine and personally I dont mind static aircraft you see parked inside hangars.

I dont use VATSIM every flight and even in my offline flying I would prefer no static aircraft. These days I dont buy airports with static aircraft. Vote eith my wallet 😃

• Like 1

I agree totally with this. I hate the statics but I guess some people like them. It should totally be an option. I like Xplane where you can nuke them in WED.

There a few devs now that are providing the option to toggle them now but it seems airports that came out early on in MSFS' lifespan had statics baked in and devs now seem unwilling to remove them or unaware that it is possible in MSFS (a few Orbx airports, LVFR etc...) I have posted on some forums and discord channels asking for a toggle and some have said they will do it so I hope they stick to their word. Orbx seem to be the worst, they still drag their feet over it. I think the more of us that raise it with the devs, the more likely we are to get a choice and hopefully a toggle becomes the norm

WAT1036.png

4 hours ago, steve 86 said:

an option to turn off or on is good idea but i guess that option would only work for direct sales as the marketplace doesnt allow 2 versions of one addon, so i guess it would come down to how many sales is from direct users vs marketplace/xbox, as having a option to turn on and turn off would mean exporting 2 versions of the addon = more work

This is a very good suggestion and quite easily possible. E.g. based on feedback in this thread I made a separate static aircraft package, which augments the bare airport scenery. The approach does not work though, if the payware scenery ships with static aircraft from the beginning.

• Like 1

I would also like the option to turn them off but even more I would like to see developers do a little research and place them at the appropriate airline gate instead of scattering them all over the airport.

Richard

• Upvote 2