Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

RDShade Released

1 hour ago, ferrarirmc said:

Here is a quick example I made, default P3D on both sides, only adjusted the cockpit brightness tweak in RDShade this case all other tweaks disabled. Left is default, right is with only cockpit brightness increased in RDShade.

spacer.png

Just proves that shader tweaks cannot fix this. This is a LM issue to address at the development level.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

I don't know how much light you would like in your cockpit but this seems to me like it a perfect fix for the way too dark cockpit on the left. You could go even further as this was only halfway in the range towards max brightness and HDR is set to 1.0.

But everybody their own taste of course 🙂

I agree on that these issues shouldn't be in Prepar3D in the first place but i'm more focused on the solution

Here are a couple more screenshot comparisons from the flightdeck for reference.  Used the same planes, time of day and location for all shots while the preset I selected at random was the "Natural Preset" from their current collection or presets.  I'm going to do more experimentation, but at least with this particular preset these are the differences on my machine.

747 before preset applied:

spacer.png

747 after preset applied:

spacer.png 

737 before preset applied:

spacer.png

737 after preset applied:

spacer.png

A32X before preset applied:

spacer.png

A32X after preset applied:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

On 3/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, ferrarirmc said:

These are some of the screenshots I made yesterday. also used the all the PBR tweaks to improve reflections and stuff, used the simflyer preset as a base, will be making the cockpit a little brighter tho.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The first and the last shot looks like FS2020 or just photorealistic. It shows what can be the outcome of our beloved P3D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

they can try but nothing will beat tomatoshade & reflectionmaker, nothing.

14 hours ago, puukart14 said:

Here are a couple more screenshot comparisons from the flightdeck for reference.  Used the same planes, time of day and location for all shots while the preset I selected at random was the "Natural Preset" from their current collection or presets.  I'm going to do more experimentation, but at least with this particular preset these are the differences on my machine.

Is that with just the default Natural preset or did you have to tweak it at all?

Eric 

Even though i love the product,i have had to uninstall it,the reason being it changes settings in my P3D config that i had set to my own person perference,MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE for instance i have it set higher than default to help with black scenery loading,but this RD shade always reverts it back to default with most of if not all of the presets.

Gary.

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Is that with just the default Natural preset or did you have to tweak it at all?

For those screenshots I just selected that preset and hit apply, nothing else was done.

I’m going through all the presets and trying them out before diving into the individual settings.  There’s a lot to adjust, including one section dedicated to cockpit brightness.

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

46 minutes ago, Benbo said:

Even though i love the product,i have had to uninstall it,the reason being it changes settings in my P3D config that i had set to my own person perference,MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE for instance i have it set higher than default to help with black scenery loading,but this RD shade always reverts it back to default with most of if not all of the presets.

Gary.

Which preset did you install where this is happening?  I just checked my cfg and the value I put in for that category is unchanged at 32000 (I have the “ClearedTakeoff” preset installed currently).  Going to experiment more later today and I’ll double check if this is changing on my end.  

26 minutes ago, puukart14 said:

Which preset did you install where this is happening?  I just checked my cfg and the value I put in for that category is unchanged at 32000 (I have the “ClearedTakeoff” preset installed currently).  Going to experiment more later today and I’ll double check if this is changing on my end.  

I used the Natural Preset by Simflyer i found that to be the best,but unfortunately it keep reseting my config.

Gary

Has anyone had problems with purchasing the product? I paid with Paypal, but received no links or anything else to download the product. I tried to join the forum, but nothing happens. I went back to get a resend for the forum. It says a resend has been sent, but I never received it. It did not go to spam or junk mail. Same with the purchase.

Bill W

4 hours ago, Benbo said:

Gary.

Gary there is a setting under "Others" there you can disable in the preset the  "improved texture loading" so it is not resetting your cfg.

Bruno

• Upvote 1

Bruno 

20 hours ago, puukart14 said:

What is the maximum value you can set for the cockpit brightness tweak? And, if you have time, could you check if this makes the night in P3D brighter in any way? Another mod I'm using to make cockpits realistic unfortunately makes the night way too bright.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

20 hours ago, BerndB said:

The first and the last shot looks like FS2020 or just photorealistic. It shows what can be the outcome of our beloved P3D.

Not trying to be a downer here, but the colors in the first shot are way off because that's way too red for easyJet orange and the last shot is just PBR done well in the livery, shaders aren't going to change that much other than brightness and contrast perhaps.

Unfortunately, to me this and the second shot just look like the usual shader adjustments you can do in P3D to make it look better than default but it just shows how dated the whole graphics and lighting engine is in P3D, imho. This tool certainly makes adjusting the sim's appearance easier and seems to have more settings, but it doesn't make me think for a second that P3D is ever going to look like what you can do in 2022 with regards to video game graphics unless LM build a completely new graphics engine - or at least properly implement trueSKY (EA). I'm not bashing anything here, neither P3D nor this tool, but I don't see why I would want to spend 20+ bucks on yet another shader tweaker after I've paid for both PTA and Envshade et al.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD