Sign in to follow this  
Dieter K.

AIM and TC install step by step P3DV5. HF 3

The Hi everybody,

i tried to install AIG AIM and TC in P3DV5 HF 3 , but it will not work.

Is there any detailed Information to match the right settings, Folders , etc.

the Manual includes Settings for p3dv4, but i think i dont Need the SDK for the 5 Version.

did someone have a separate install PDF for P3DV5 ?

man thanks for your kindness help

greetings

Dieter

Be sure to setup your OCI on a drive with LOTS of space. It can be anywhere you want and doesn't have to be on the same drive as either your sim or AI Manager. P3d V4 and V5 are essentially the same so if the manual says you need the SDK, then you need the SDK (most likely for compiling the traffic plans). 
 I would also recommend to select in the AI Manager settings to use bgl's instead of aigfp where possible, there seems to be far less issues with bgl traffic over what is injected by AIGTC. 

I'm away from the pc at the moment, otherwise I could more specific with settings etc. It's pretty straight forward though, just take your time and don't try and install everything in one go. Do a few of the large airlines first, or those that you really want to see, and then go check them out in the sim. Also to note, that you don't need to have AI Manager running for the traffic to display in the sim, it's only for installing/removing/updating packages.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

22 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

. Also to note, that you don't need to have AI Manager running for the traffic to display in the sim, it's only for installing/removing/updating packages.

But you do need Traffic Controller to be running.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

51 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

But you do need Traffic Controller to be running.

Yes, that's correct but only for those airlines that you have installed to use the AIGFP format. I prefer the bgl method for now so my AI Manager only uses AIGFP when there is no alternative.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I am no expert, but I have a whole lot of airlines who's schedules seem to be AIGFP but who's Airlines are BGL. So to be safe I enabled TC to run in the background. Not sure if this is the right way but it seems to work for me.😉

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Thank you guys for explaining, but im too not en expert.

I need to know which settings must be set by installing the AIM and TC software.

I read in the manual about Tool in the fs settings, but i cant find them.

I would be a grest help If there is install pdf for P3DV5 available.

That´s what i am looking for.

greetings

Dieter

Hi Dietar, Saying it doesn't work is a little vague. Do I assume you're not seeing any Ai aircraft at all in P3Dv5?

Where did you install AIG to? It's best if it's installed completely outside a P3D installation. Look at the screenshot below.

AIG_Structure.jpg.4b2a4c8fbcd1526f28be7de62196d007.jpg

Look at the path. The parent folder is AIG - outside of P3D. Yours may have a different name. If you have installed inside P3D I suggest you move the AIG top-level folder so it is directly under the drive letter.

How many airlines have you installed?

Are they BGL or AIGFP or a mixture? If you open the Traffic Files folder any AIGFP plans go into the AIGFP folder. BGL plans go into the scenery folder. How many files in each folder?

Once you answer we can go further.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You need three entities to talk to each other for the system to work, the AI Manager interface, the AI Traffic Controller interface and the AIGAIM OCI folder which contains all your files as described above by Ray.

In your AI Manager/Flightplans settings, make sure you point to the location of your AI Traffic Controller install. In your AI Traffic Controller/ settings, make sure you point to the location of your AIGAIM-OCI directory install location..

cheers

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

Hi Team, 

I looked this thread up as my traffic wasn't showing up either. You brought my attention to the "AIGFP" folder in the AIGAIM-OCI folder, once this was correctly selected in the traffic controller settings, I have a full plot of traffic. 

thanks. Happy new year. 

Hello,

I'm desperatly looking for some guidance with my unsuccesful install of AI into my P3D v5

My simulator is installed on Drive C

I have installed AIGTech - Ai Manager on Drive D - in a folder called  AIG_AIManager_1.2.0.0 - Everything in there looks the same as in Youtube Tutorials I've been watching.

I have an AIGAIM - OCI folder in there with a sub folder SimObjects and lots of  bgl aircraft models in there eg AIGAIM_B757-200_RR  etc etc

In the same AIGAIM - OCI folder there with a Traffic Files > scenery folder with lots of content eg Traffic_AIGAerLingus_Summer_2019.bgl  etc etc

AI-Manager when launcheed displays content under Flight Plans.

AI Companion is pointed to the above described aircraft folder and Traffic folder locations correctly. It correctly points to P3D at location C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

It's conncting to the sim ok because when I launch the sim it changes to ON in the top left switch and if I pause P3D, AI Companion also pauses.

No content appears in the AI Companion main panel and when I run P3D, Ai Companion connects to P3D, but says 0Airports and 0 ASircraft. and no AI is injected into the sim..

I have tried using AIGTech Traffic Controller, but I'm having no more success with that.

I have screen grabs of all of the above but not the skill to insert them here I'm afraid so apologies for my attempt at description of a lot of stuff 😞

Anyone able to offer advice please?

Thanks in hopeful anticipation

Andrew

@ampharoah, open AiCompanion and run BGL Check. I think that’s what it’s called. If your paths are correct as seems probable it will show any warnings and errors.

You could also run Stats and select the Global option. See what that returns.

To show screenshots you need a hosting company where you can store the images and link to them here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Have you got FSUIPC installed and running?

13 hours ago, ampharoah said:

I have tried using AIGTech Traffic Controller, but I'm having no more success with that.

Hi Andrew,

I have AIG running on my system without any problems (P3D 5.4). I don't use AI companion, but as far as I know you have to run traffic controller! Without it you won't see any AI aircraft. TC is the software that injects the aircraft in your sim. If I were you I would look at TC and try to get it running. Look at the settings in it (injection level). Good luck.

Rein

2 minutes ago, Rein2 said:

I don't use AI companion, but as far as I know you have to run traffic controller!

AiCompanion is a tool for viewing the Ai in P3D. If airlines have been installed with a BGL they load when P3D loads. The traffic slider in P3D determines how many are displayed.

But if you’ve selected the AIGFP alternative those require AIController to be injected.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all  your help. This morning, for no reason that I can explain, I now have traffic showing in P3D !

Ray, I have run BGL report but I'm not really understanding what its showing me. 

Lots of Traffic File listings, some highlighted in grey, yellow and pink. Some with a tick "Has Warnings", some tick "Has Errors". In Errors and Warnings field I have a red text saying Missing Aircraft AIGAIM_1010 Aviation Embraer Phenom 300

Likewise, Stats Global lists a lot of stuff, but I have no idea how to understand its significance.

Ian, Yes FSUIPC v7 is running

Rein, Yes I have TC running.it auto  starts with P3DStatus is Green, 'Up and Running' - Activity Level slider set 100% Settings points to correct AIGAIM - OCI location.

Edited by ampharoah