Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Wing42 Boeing 247D released!

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I prefer to fly in the "golden hours", and at night.    Don't really like flying at mid-day.

I just did a dusk flight from TFFJ to TNCM.   Flew a circuit around the Calypso on the way.   Super chill.  Decided that I'm going Island hopping in this thing from Key West to South America.

Interesting.  I've been coming up the Caribbean from South America and am in the Cayman Islands right now.  Heading to Cuba next, where there's a 247D at the airport in Havana (Via NeoFly).  I plan to buy it and fly it whatever jobs I get to the Bahamas, then up the Keys and the East Coast USA. 

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

18 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Interesting.  I've been coming up the Caribbean from South America and am in the Cayman Islands right now.  Heading to Cuba next, where there's a 247D at the airport in Havana (Via NeoFly).  I plan to buy it and fly it whatever jobs I get to the Bahamas, then up the Keys and the East Coast USA. 

AI / Multiplayer Ship - 1 of 190
Title:
AI_Calypso
Transponder Code:
Size:
156 ft

Heading:
141°M

Altitude
Actual:
2 ft

Speed
Ground:
17 kts

Position
Coordinates:
18° 0’ 31.60" N 62° 59’ 45.48" W

On 4/10/2022 at 2:26 AM, Stoopy said:

Also using Neofly and am flying in the west coast of South America going North. I was also planning to switch to the Boeing when I arrive in Central America. Somehow the 247D seems fitting for the area.

What price did you put on it in NeoFly? I've made it 500.000 which seemed reasonable to me.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

What price did you put on it in NeoFly? I've made it 500.000 which seemed reasonable to me.

I just added it to the database and NeoFly creates a price range based on the specs.  The one I just bought in Havana cost me approximately $530,000, so you're in the ballpark.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

On 4/9/2022 at 8:26 PM, Stoopy said:

PieFly's, "Bahama's: Project Life" pack, is super nice.   https://flightsim.to/file/17902/bahamas-project-life

He crushed my daily download limit at FS.to,  I think,   because he uses something like 24 object libraries (check the dependencies tab).    Definitely worth it though.    

I took PieFly's pack,   then I added GoldenRed49's Bahamas scenery.  I removed the duplicate airports the would conflict with PieFly's.

https://flightsim.to/file/5854/bahamas-scenery-mega-pack

Edited by Waldo Pepper

I started in Key West,  now i'm hopping the Bahamas,  and I plan on checking out Arecibo when I hit Puerto Rico.   https://flightsim.to/file/29508/arecibo-telescope

https://flightsim.to/file/20401/arecibo-regional-airport

Beautiful livery by Jan Kees Blom.   I like the Boeing script on the vert.

boeing-247-wien-alaska-airlines-nc13313-

https://flightsim.to/file/30706/boeing-247-wien-alaska-airlines-nc13313

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

Gems from a thread on the official forums,

For those that were looking for realistic flights, I found this beauty online this morning. It’s out of Allentown-Bethlehem (KABE) in 1935. If you wanted to properly navigate, you could just cross-reference this with the Radio Facilities USA file that came with the plane.

966e24db9497fb94eb8aa5240095f723da897cb5

b0d903254467e110e6d79558a2e18ea588fea650

b7dd2fda6ea6a0ffb35a13bc35970d81e937c28e

• Like 2

Can anybody tell me how to bind axis on my throttle(i.e. the turning knobs on my saitek x55) to the oil shutter and/or the carb heat levers?

(in the sim, not with any 3rd party programs)

Just bought this aircraft, and must say I am a bit disappointed. It's ok for the inexpensive price, but comparing it to A2A quality is just not accurate. Perhaps the graphics and system depth are good, but when it sits idling on the runway, there is no vibration in the cockpit, no sign that the aircraft is in fact running. If it were A2A there would be vibration.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

30 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Just bought this aircraft, and must say I am a bit disappointed. It's ok for the inexpensive price, but comparing it to A2A quality is just not accurate. Perhaps the graphics and system depth are good, but when it sits idling on the runway, there is no vibration in the cockpit, no sign that the aircraft is in fact running. If it were A2A there would be vibration.

Well from my stand point of view if airplane "vibrate" in cockpit idling on runway I probably have magneto timing off, prop governor failure, fail spark plug and etc LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

44 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

... If it were A2A there would be vibration.

A more critical measurement would be how much vibration is present in the real thing.

If it were A2A then it would be... So far nonexistent for this sim.

"That's what" - She

The best use of vibration to date was the A2A B-377. When taking off down the runway there was vibration in the cockpit - no other dev has used this to my knowledge and it did add great realism. 

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

47 minutes ago, warbirds said:

The best use of vibration to date was the A2A B-377. When taking off down the runway there was vibration in the cockpit - no other dev has used this to my knowledge and it did add great realism. 

Here are some other aircraft that have this realistic vibration in MSFS2020: PMDG DC-6 and RedWing Lockheed Constellation. Aircraft that had it in P3D: A2A Cherokee, Comanche and Bonanza and again the PMDG DC-6

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

But they do not have ground vibration when rolling fast down the runway. Only the B-377 does this. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png