Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

MK Studios Dublin (EIDW) keeps crashing the sim

Hi all

Just purchased EIDW for MSFS.  Not sure if its SU9 related but spawning in at the airport keeps crashing the sim.  Anyone else having the issue?

cheers

My EIDW is by Ireland2 (marketplace), so I don't know...

EDIT: Ur actually my EIDW is MK Studios version. It works fine, I just checked it. Took off, pattern, landed no problem in GeeBee. RY 28L. Was purchased in marketplace.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks.  I just bought mine on Orbx.  

It's not just the MK Studios version, I've had crashes trying to spawn into the default EIDW.  It doesn't happen all the time... try changing parking positions and see if you can find one that works.  I think it's something only Asobo will be able to fix... there's a few threads about it on the official forums.

• Like 1

Everyone has Asobo Donegal.

I also have EGAC jeromeleague      ,EGAA     tamalean        ,   EGAE   jeromeleague    , all freeware from flightsim.to

There are other versions of these same 3 freeware airports on flightsim.to. But the 3 above to not interfere with MK studios Dublin EDIW. The same airports from other freeware publisher might interfere.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hmm, I never had CTD's in Ireland. But I think I might if I fly there more often, based on this thread.

I  just spawned gate 111 in GeeBee, taxied all around to the other gates and so forth, worked OK. Could see no issues.

Ditto for Asobo 747, no issues at EIDW, all worked fine.

Edited by Fielder

I can't find enough superlatives to express how amazing this sim is.  Equally, I can't find enough superlatives to express how quirky this sim is.

It now works.  I tried spawning in about 5 times last night before giving up.  It crashed every time (only at EIDW).  After 2 PC restarts as well.   This morning I tried again and it works fine.   The gate of doom was Gate 403, but somehow it seems fine now.  It was probably too busy enjoying Guinness at 1am

🤷‍♂️

thanks all

Edited by ErichB

10 hours ago, ErichB said:

Hi all

Just purchased EIDW for MSFS.  Not sure if its SU9 related but spawning in at the airport keeps crashing the sim.  Anyone else having the issue?

cheers

Yes, happened to me about three weeks ago on short finals into 28L, so pre latest msfs update. Seemed to be OK with default EIDW. Haven't tried it since. 

I had a crash on approach to 28L post SU9, when I checked the event viewer the crash was related to the AFC bridge in my comm folder so I updated the honeycomb software an retested the same flight and fine now. 

Edited by Carts85

Happens to me randomly. It will be fine for days, the crash on load. Makes no sense and is super annoying being my home base.

Same issue for me. I cannot load into EIDW with the Fenix A320 or any other aircraft for that matter. I hope Asobo fixes this as Dublin is a great airport to fly into, Cork is better though.

Im running the SU10 beta and cannot spawn or fly near EIDW without a CTD. That's with or without MKStudios Dublin installed. Even in Safe Mode the sim CTDs spawning at Dublin. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by jarmstro