Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

When: Milviz Stage 2 PC-6 Porter?

1 hour ago, eslader said:

Oh stop. These people are being invaded by a maniac who commits war crimes for kicks and having to spend each day wondering if this is the day said maniac decides to strike the civilian building they happen to be in.

We, meanwhile, have the nearly unbearable situation of having to wait a few months to fly a pretend airplane with pretend floats, and have to content ourselves with just flying a pretend airplane with pretend wheels instead.  The two problems are quite literally a world apart. Milviz has been a great developer for years, and has absolutely earned patience when part of their dev team is literally having to take shelter from war strikes.

Were going to have to differ on this when the bulk of Milviz staff including the ones keeping customers informed are NOT in warzones

We're not beholden to covering your needs at any time.  We sold it to you with you KNOWING that it would not be ready right away and with no specific timeline.  If you feel like you didn't, somehow, someway, get what you paid for, feel free to never ever buy one of our products again.

We WILL deliver it and we do try and keep comms open on this.

However, what with Covid keeping me in my bed, people on vacation and needing down time, people in war zones and... well... just plain old life getting in the way of getting things done... we ARE working on it.  And we were going to show it off on our twitch trmw, now postponed till I'm better... but, as I am still sick, there's no way I can do that.  So you will just have to be patient.  If you don't WANT to be patient, then don't buy products that are either beta or come in two parts.  Right?

Caveat emptor.

Edited by Milviz
  • Like 8

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

My idea of buying the early release was NOT to get an other glass pannel aircraft and was NOT because it was cheaper.

My idea behind buying the early release was to support Milviz in getting the second stage ready.

Although my idea of supporting a future project may sound futile it's one of the few thing as a customer I can do.

Your remarks on patients and not buying from you anymore are to childish to respond to. 

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

5 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Your remarks on patients and not buying from you anymore are to childish to respond to. 

To you they may seem childish, to me they were spot on.

Yes, we all would love to hold the stage 2 in our hands (or in our sim), but unfortunately there are situations when delays can't be avoided. And to me, the explanation @Milviz gave is believable and more than sufficient to justify the delay. 

I believe we're going to see it soon on twitch, and for now, I have no reason to doubt the updated release date in mid/end of Q3. Yes, delays can be frustrating, but what else remains to do other than being more patient or deciding not to buy from Milviz anymore? Complaining on Avsim certainly won't accelerate the development process...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

8 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Completely agree🤪. A world wide pandemic that’s killed millions of people and the biggest war in Europe for eighty years are poor excuses for not putting a few extra pixels on my screen!

• Like 5

It is not about an excuse being believable or not.  Everybody in the free wolrd understands that a pendamic and the situation in Ukraine can and will effect us all in one way or another.  It is the use of those excuses that is childish.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

41 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

It is the use of those excuses that is childish.

So they are mere ‘excuses’?

I rather think Mr. Milviz has, understandably, reached a point of exasperation with us.

Come on, they hardly communicate only after they feel pressure.  If you point them to an error in the avionics they point to Working title and let the customer do their work. Only after going back and forth they look into it. It takes ages before they respond on their support forum.

Whatever.  We're done posting here.

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Whatever.  We're done posting here.

With the tail between your legs, instead of  "hmmmm maybe, just maybe you have a point"

• Like 1

Just to be clear, we aren't. I apologize if the earlier messages came across as combative, but as he's quite sick at the moment (as he alluded to) some leeway would be appreciated. We're definitely behind on our original schedule, but such is software development. I'll admit that we need to be better on communication going forward, which I'll bring up to the team next week to discuss. 

New previews have been posted to our Facebook. They are highly work-in-progress and subject to change before release, but they show that we are, in fact, working in earnest on getting this out the door sooner than later. More information will be shared during the "State of the Sim" Twitch stream, whenever that get's rescheduled to.

We appreciate the support and enthusiasm greatly. 

Edited by Nighthwk
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2