Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

When: Milviz Stage 2 PC-6 Porter?

1 hour ago, Pathfinder633 said:

Why on earth didnt you mention this months ago?.

At the time, we were hopeful that the situation would have allowed our team to come back online in a relatively timely manner, but that's obviously proven to not be the case; some of them have been able to return to work, but we're still only at maybe 1/3 of our previous capacity. Thankfully, our coworkers and their families have managed to remain safe and healthy to date, but a warzone isn't exactly conducive to a productive work environment. 

We deeply apologize for having to delay the product, but we're doing the best that we can with the cards that we (and quite a few other devs) have been dealt. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

That explains the delay to the work but unless the team responsible for communicating with customers are also in a warzone it doesn't answer questions about why, say, this isn't mentioned anywhere on the Milviz website

The decision to delay it was only made at the tail end of this past week, and we ran out of time before the weekend to make an official announcement. We'll be putting out an update to our social media early next week explaining the situation. 

• Like 1

Why don't you just ask Vladimir to do one?

Clearly he hadn't considered the most important factor about the invasion: delaying a bit of software.

2 minutes ago, dfl1010 said:

Why don't you just ask Vladimir to do one?

Clearly he hadn't considered the most important factor about the invasion: delaying a bit of software.

Have you considered paying attention to what people ACTUALLY type not what you think they type ?

He was clearly being sarcastic... 

ANYWAY.. we don't like blaming "the other guy" but in this case, it's absolutely true.  As to whether or not it's affecting our other projects, yes.  This is the case unfortunately.  However, we are building our own internal (to Canada/US) team so as to alleviate some of the pressure.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 minute ago, Milviz said:

ANYWAY.. we don't like blaming "the other guy" but in this case, it's absolutely true.  As to whether or not it's affecting our other projects, yes.  This is the case unfortunately.  However, we are building our own internal (to Canada/US) team so as to alleviate some of the pressure.

You need to be clear with customers about this then.

We shouldn't be finding this out in a thread on a third party forum - at the very least this needs a prominent post on your website.

• Like 1

As the decision was made yesterday, and our Social Media person is out of action till Monday...  I saw this post and decided to answer... before the announcement was made.  So, come at me, if you will, but there's nothing being hidden here... it is what it is.  We will do what we can with what we have.

• Like 3

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On 6/4/2022 at 6:26 PM, dfl1010 said:

Yes, I think this is the only reasonable response to being told that a company's workforce is in the middle of a warzone.

None of that silly human compassion for me, I want my fake plane updated!

Obviously was questioning why the answer had not been provided previously as of course anyone reasonable would understand a lack of progress in the given situation.

I swear some people actively trawl forums looking for something to be offended by.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:24 PM, Milviz said:

Yes he clearly was, how does that change the fact his post was slagging off someone for something they didnt actually imply

Perhaps its not just him that needs to pay attention to what people ACTUALLY type

On 6/4/2022 at 7:13 PM, Nighthwk said:

The decision to delay it was only made at the tail end of this past week, and we ran out of time before the weekend to make an official announcement. We'll be putting out an update to our social media early next week explaining the situation. 

...and of course you didnt.

getting hard to put store on anything you lot say online

The problem I'm having with Milviz's attitude is they respond if they feel it's nagging if somebody asks for an update  (after 9 months)

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Are you nagging us? If so, I will respond... otherwise, i'm going back to bed.. Covid is no effing joke...

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Are you nagging us? If so, I will respond... otherwise, i'm going back to bed.. Covid is no effing joke...

That's for sure, if you have it, do your self a favor and sleep sitting up in a chair. Don't let it settle in your lungs. Good luck and get well soon.. 

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

On 6/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, Matchstick said:

You need to be clear with customers about this then.

Oh stop. These people are being invaded by a maniac who commits war crimes for kicks and having to spend each day wondering if this is the day said maniac decides to strike the civilian building they happen to be in.

We, meanwhile, have the nearly unbearable situation of having to wait a few months to fly a pretend airplane with pretend floats, and have to content ourselves with just flying a pretend airplane with pretend wheels instead.  The two problems are quite literally a world apart. Milviz has been a great developer for years, and has absolutely earned patience when part of their dev team is literally having to take shelter from war strikes.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1