Sign in to follow this  
haseen

FSLabs and Fenix Sim Airbus A320's.

Andrew from FSL posted this in August, so we may see them in MSFS sooner than some are thinking:

You need not worry, even at Mach 2 - we can't keep up with the pace our Airbus series is progressing for MSFS 

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 1

I want an A350, or even the 380 ...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I will not install two versions of the very same aircraft and variant on my computer so if FSL does at some point in the future release an A320, I would need to choose between it and the Fenix. And I can already say that no matter how good the FSL is, how much more complete, how much more logic and simulation there is, or how cheap it is, I will stay with Fenix.

I also had FSL 320 and 319 in P3D and I can say I have learned more about the systems of an Airbus in the last few months than I did during the years I used FSL aircraft, because of how much the Fenix team - including the Airbus pilots it has associated with it - communicates and shares and the spirit in which they do so. I have never felt talked down to or ignored and I have learned a great deal. FSL did not do anything different in basically ignoring MSFS, they rarely communicated or shared or engaged with the community in P3D, I am not simulating and learning in MSFS because I want a type-rating on an Airbus, I do so because I do have a love and sincere enjoyment of aviation. It is a hobby, So, to learn and be engaged with a community of others with interest in aviation is important to me, it helps me learn, it fuels my interest and enthusiasm. In this respect FSL just does not interest me anymore. Honestly, it is partially the same reason I uninstalled and left P3D, developers in a cone-of-silence. I am not criticizing them for this, that is their business model and way of operating and they may have good reasons for this, it just does not interest or engage me personally, so I am out. The Fenix team has a passion and I think they will keep working on the 320 and as they do, as they struggle to learn and implement changes and make adjustments and share what they are doing, I learn and I feel a part of something, and they make me feel that they want me to be a part of it. 

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 16

Dan Scott

I hope FSLabs comes to MSFS sooner than later. Competition is the fuel of innovation, and I'd love to see how Fenix meets the challenge of a competent high-end challenger.

It's the same reason I was disappointed XP12 was such a big flop; Microsoft could use a kick in the rear in some places. (Cloud types, ground handling, UI, ATC, Ai Traffic, lighting, etc)

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just a little request regarding the detents with Thrustmaster TCA. In the FSL i can set a tolerance for each detents which makes it easier to sync throtlle 1 and 2. and hit the detents. 

I often gets out of sync trying to get MCT/FLX for takeoff in the Fenix since there is no these "in between" values. I recall FBW also have this option.

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Fail an engine after V1 and watch the results.

Compare to A320 ENG FAIL AFTER V1 - YouTube

Which of the two, FSL / FENIX does it closer to the real thing?

During some time, none, Then after a few patches FSL started simulating this type of failure and the Airbus FMGC response to such a situation rather accurately.

It's a "basic" feature of the "modern" Airbuses which FENIX didn't yet capture / implement correctly. For instance, we can easily observe there being no rudder being automatically inputed, there's seldom any bank towards the dead engine if no action is taken by the PF, etc...

It's been a long time since I last used the FSL in P3D, as long as I last used P3D because I usually install it to test the latest version of the FSL A319 and 320, or of the sim itself, and my last post at the FSL forums was a complaint about some feature not being correctly implemented, but I am still able to recognize how muchg detail and Love was put into the FSL development. 

I look fwd to see FSL in MFS too, and would even really welcome them in XP12 !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

At least with FsLabs all of my hardware was working with Fenix not. A bit of a downer for me!