Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

3 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

My system now is, rebuilt by me: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, 3070ti 8gb. No issue with frames.

Nice !,

I am planning to get a i7-12700K & 3080TI in the coming weeks. I'll give my trusty old 1080TI a few more shakedowns first lol

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Do you have to use a Sid and Star on each plan? When you load a plan do the engines have to be off, is another question. 

Bob-

Select the 1LSK DEP airport and it will bring up the DEPARTURE pages… select the Runway and Departure and Transition. Then select the ARR Airport in the 6LSK and it will bring up the ARRIVALS page. Select the Arrival and transition and Approach and transition. Then clear discos with the CLR key. Then go through the FP with your UP arrow and Plan Mode and you should be good to go.

Captain Blackbox711 is your friend- he has EXCELLENT Airbus Tutorial Videos on his YT Channel.

HTH- C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

6 minutes ago, nbhall68 said:

Yes, you can run the EFB externally on an iPad and they've added the necessary meta tags to run it fullscreen on an iPad so it's very seamless.  Very cool!

I just bought the PMDG 737 last week and I love it.  I'll still be flying it often.  But I'm all in on the Fenix A320 right now.  Both of them are a must have, but I'd probably buy the Fenix first.

Oh wow that is awesome,

I can feel my wallet quivering lol 

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

18 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

No, even though Simbrief will usually create the plan with a SID/STAR it will not import to the MCDO.  Once you choose your runway you can pick one or leave it out altogether.  I don't think engines need to be off do do all of that stuff but I always start in Turnaround state.

Do you have to install the Hoppie Acars software for the Simbrief integration to work?

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

4 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Bob-

Select the 1LSK DEP airport and it will bring up the DEPARTURE pages… select the Runway and Departure and Transition. Then select the ARR Airport in the 6LSK and it will bring up the ARRIVALS page. Select the Arrival and transition and Approach and transition. Then clear discos with the CLR key. Then go through the FP with your UP arrow and Plan Mode and you should be good to go.

Captain Blackbox711 is your friend- he has EXCELLENT Airbus Tutorial Videos on his YT Channel.

HTH- C

On the flap setting, after the setting there us a box that says Flaps/THS     what the heck is THS? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

On the flap setting, after the setting there us a box that says Flaps/THS     what the heck is THS? 

Trim Horizontal Stabilizer 

Have you really watch the videos?

Edited by ttbq1
  • Like 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Just now, ttbq1 said:

Trim Horizontal Stabilizer 

OK, thanks

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

OK, thanks

you need to input the flaps and the THS resulted from the takeoff performance calculations 

Flaps 1

THS UP0.2

then you put 1/UP0.2

thats is an example

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Just now, ttbq1 said:

you need to input the flaps and the THS resulted from the takeoff performance calculations 

Flaps 1

THS UP0.2

then you put 1/UP0.2

thats is an example

Where is that trim setting found? In the Boeing, it used to be just a key press. 

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

1/0.5DN will work most of the time. You can also just put 1 like BA or EZ….

Take the time to watch Blackbox711- he’s great. This is not a 172.

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Where is that trim setting found? In the Boeing, it used to be just a key press. 

read page 75 of this guide:

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-fsx-fslabs-a320/

• Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

I had another go at EFB to MCDU FP transfer & this message came up at the bottom of the MCDU:

"OAC SEC (or SFC, can't view bottom edge of MCDU), F-Plan Uplink"

Which suggests the EFB & MCDU aren't talking to each other?

Fixable?

Also, noticed on the EFB in green wording something about -128 mins to departure.

Could that be affecting EFB/MCDU communication?

T45

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Bob- it’s a manual trim wheel- there is no trim rocker. PLEASE take time and educate yourself step by step… there’s A LOT to learn.

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hey guys just a question, if we input the FLAP / THS setting do we then need to manually adjust the trim also or is it one or the other ?

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Option 1: Take off perf calculator on the EFB
Option 2: Fuel prediction page AFTER engines started (it will tell you the CG to set; on the trim wheel you have CG or a decimal value from the EFB, both works)