Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Fulcrum One Throttle

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Thanks Ray. I have to admit that a part of me was starting to 'twitch' a bit. I just hope the 'Not too distant future' isn't an A2A 'Not too distant future' 😒

Sorry Scott. 😁

I can’t speak for Chris but I imagine he’s mad busy.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It would be nice if he came on once in a while to say he's still alive. The silence can be deafening.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:54 PM, Ron Attwood said:

It would be nice if he came on once in a while to say he's still alive. The silence can be deafening.

Sorry Ron, and all who have put their faith in Fulcrum. I will try and get up update very soon as I have been chasing a date from our metalworkers for the throttle chassis.

• Like 1

Any updates?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Chris brought his computer plus yoke and throttle quadrant to our monthly flight sim meeting yesterday. The throttle is excellent and we enjoyed a flight in Concorde from Manchester to Lisbon.

Still a few things to resolve before shipping starts for those who have ordered it. Shouldn't be too long now before my Saitek / Logitech is no longer needed. The upgrade will be signficant. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thankfully, at the moment, I'm not flying anything that requires a throttle quadrant. It's either helicopters or warbirds. I just hope that 'not too long now' corresponds to my return to twins! As we know, that can happen in a flash! 😉

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The throttle is excellent and we enjoyed a flight in Concorde from Manchester to Lisbon.

OK Ray, I just preordered the throttle based on your report!  🙂  I have the excellent Fulcrum yoke.

Al

Edited by ark

1 minute ago, ark said:

OK Ray, I just preordered the throttle based on your report!  🙂  I have the excellent Fulcrum yoke.

Al

You won’t be disappointed. It’s superb. Light years away from the Logitech / Saitek. 👍

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You won’t be disappointed. It’s superb. Light years away from the Logitech / Saitek. 👍

Well at 6 times the price, I should darn well think so.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

25 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Well at 6 times the price, I should darn well think so.

Not quite. The Logitech TQ is 54GBP x 2 = 108GBP.

The Fulcrum is around 420GBP for UK customers. That’s four times as much. And when the Logitech’s pots fail, as they will, you can’t replace them so it has to be thrown away.

The Fulcrum’s Hall effect sensors last a lifetime.

Or you could buy the Virtual Fly TQ6+ at 695 Euros. Around 630GBP. Plus it’s not really suitable for four engine aircraft. Over 200GBP cheaper the Fulcrum is a bargain.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not quite. The Logitech TQ is 54GBP x 2 = 108GBP.

The Fulcrum is around 420GBP for UK customers. That’s four times as much. And when the Logitech’s pots fail, as they will, you can’t replace them so it has to be thrown away.

The Fulcrum’s Hall effect sensors last a lifetime.

Or you could buy the Virtual Fly TQ6+ at 695 Euros. Around 630GBP. Plus it’s not really suitable for four engine aircraft. Over 200GBP cheaper the Fulcrum is a bargain.

I wasn't criticising, just remarking on the price difference. 

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

19 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I wasn't criticising, just remarking on the price difference. 

I know Ian. If the people who designed the Virtual Fly been more receptive to my suggestion they adapt the TQ6 to a 4 engine aircraft it’s likely I would have bought that even with the high price. But they didn’t and the rest is history.

The Logitech is a good design. It’s just the quality of the pots that lets it down.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ray -- I assume you are correct. I also have been using the Saitek throttle for quite a while now, and one of the axes is getting "noisy", so I am looking forward to the Fulcrum throttle.

BTW, I think Chris owes you a "commission fee", at least wrt my throttle purchase!  😉

Al

• Like 1

@ark the beauty of the Fulcrum throttle levers is their precision and the fact you can adjust the friction. The closest I’ve experienced is the Virtual Fly but that doesn’t have the hinging mechanism so you can angle the unit similarly to the Boeing and the like.

If there’s a “weakness” the only one I can see is you need to unscrew the caps to switch to a different coloured one. Hardly a major hardship and if you can remember the axes not really necessary. Chris has given the design a great deal of thought just as he did with the yoke.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather